Steamin demon

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Anyone using one? I had picked one up on ebay a few years ago and didnt use it much. I just started using it alittle and I have to say that if you take your time, you can get pretty impressive results. Dry times are not as good but if you do dry passes they arent that bad either. Cleaned the carpets in my basement with it the other day and it did a better job than I would have thought.

Anyway, Anyone use one frequently? Id like to hear some other peoples thoughts. Maybe even tips and tricks if you have any. Would you use this in someone's home on a job?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
If I recall, Steve Andrews uses one for residental cleaning. I don't think he posts here anymore but he's been in the industry for quite a while and does a fair amount of education courses too. cimex and steamin demon was what he used for area rug cleaning.

Bill

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
John Downey, who is the brother of the guy who makes the SD and the onetime editor of Cleanfax, uses one in his day to day carpet cleaning company.

He's a great guy who would answer any questions you may have.

http://johndowneyco.com/

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I used one like it in the 70's when I first started. Hooked to the custys faucet had two 2 stage lambs and pumped the waste to the sink or toilet. PIA. I would dream about using a TM as I struggled to do all the jobs. Finally got a TM after 12 years of using it. Would never go back (couldn't do the volume of work in 18 hrs I do in 10 with a TM.) If you have the time, this machine is for you.

Todd Anthony

I have one. A job that takes 3 hours with the TM will take 5 hours with the SD and the carpet will take about 8-12 hours to dry with the SD compared to 3-4 with the TM.

Stairs? Don't even think about it. I took the SD out last winter on one job when the temp was too low for the TM and it was not good but it is better then a regular porty. They also will fog up the windows and make the house smell like dog piss. All the humidity they exhaust into the house makes for longer dry times IMO.

Other then that they are a fine machine and they do clean well. They would make a nice back up unit.

Mine is going up for sale soon.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I believe JB used one for years in res ...til he bought a TM

for the life of me, i don't why though.
You have to hook up the custy's sink ..that right there is kind of tacky to me.
then your little squirt and suck box is dumping dirty waste water in Mrs Phiff's clean bathroom toilet .

just doesn't seem like the kind of lasting impression I'd want to leave the custy with.

Might be fine in empties and com, but think Brian with his spray 'n wipe method would look more professional than a tin box with hoses tethered to the sink and toilet....

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom