Steve "encapman"

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I ordered some releasit DS1 by mistake. I was wondering what is the difference between DS1 and my usual DS. The rate is the one thing I noticed, with one of 4oz. I have been using it and have been satisfied with results.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Clnthred said:
I ordered some releasit DS1 by mistake. I was wondering what is the difference between DS1 and my usual DS. The rate is the one thing I noticed, with one of 4oz. I have been using it and have been satisfied with results.

you must be confusing Steve Smith (great guy with EXEMPLARY custy service) that makes Vac-Away products) and Rick Gelenas that owns the Relesit line?????

..L.T.A.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
wild guess but i think you mean Releasit EncapClean @ 8 oz. per gallon water and the E.C. D.S. @ 4 oz per gallon ???

same thing in each, just the D.S. is doubly concentrated (use less of the product per gallon of water).

results should be the same.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
The bottle is orange and reads releasit ds1. The stuff I'm used to buying is in red writing and just reads releasit DS.

And yes it is Rick. My mistake.

Although Steve is a great guy too. I like his stuff as well.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Re: RICK "encapman"

Hi Ryan,

To start off - yes Steve Smith is a great guy and he has some good products.

Now to answer your question. Here's a brief overview of the progression of Releasit encap detergents...

Encap-Clean was our first product. It mixed at 8 oz per gallon. It cleaned great, and crystallized extremely well.

Then we discovered that we could double the raw ingredients in Encap-Clean to make a more cost effective version of the product so we produced Encap-Clean DS. The "DS" stands for Double Strength since Encap-Clean DS mixed at 4 oz per gallon. Encap-Clean DS became our top product. It's extremely popular and an excellent all around encap performer.

Yet some folks observed that if Encap-Clean or Encap-Clean DS was used in a spray application it could make them cough. Actually just about any lauryl-sulfate detergent can cause a person to cough if the detergent gets atomized into fine droplets. So we had our chemist look into it. And after a lot of R&D we came up with a product that cleaned as well as the original Encap-Clean DS, it still crystallized beautifully, but it wouldn't cause an irritation if it was sprayed. This new formulation is called Encap-Clean2 (8 0z per gallon), and Encap-Clean DS2 (4 oz per gallon).

But there were still some people who wanted the original formula. Guess it's kind of like the New Coke / Original Coke thing. So in order to keep everyone happy we brought back the original formula too. The original formula was given a new name Encap-1 DS. The name Encap-1 is appropriate for this one since this was actually our first formula.

Ryan it sounds like what you're looking at is Encap-1 DS. If you ordered Encap-Clean DS2 and received Encap-1 - then we must have been a mistake. Every once in a while we make one !gotcha! If you would like us to swap out the Encap-1 for Encap-Clean DS2 let me know. We'll be happy to take care of that for you.

If you'd like more information on any of the products, this page has Product Information Sheets for each product...
http://releasit.com/products/releasit-information/releasit-information.html

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Rick,

Thanks for clearing that up. It's no big deal. I ordered it online driving down the road, my wife placed the order on her iPhone and was just going off what I told her to order some and she did. I have used it all ready and it seems to do just fine. I'm happy as long as I smell the tea leave. Love That! It does seem to foam better. By the way there are only one rate for use on the bottle, I like to use at 6 oz/gal when I clean our restaurants. Could I increase the rate and be fine with what I have?

Thanks

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Although Encap-1 is recommended at 4 oz per gallon, you can use it at 6 oz if you'd like to - for more heavily soiled carpets such as a restaurant carpet. BTW, Encap-1 has more of a Tea Tree scent than Encap-Clean DS2, so perhaps your wife have inadvertently ordered the product that you'd prefer. Glad it worked out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom