Steve Poulos Rejoins HydraMaster and US Products as Regional

Mikey P

Administrator
Press Release
December 28, 2011
Steve Poulos Rejoins HydraMaster and US Products as Regional Manager
Mickey McKee, VP of Sales and Marketing for HydraMaster and US Products has announced that Steve Poulos will be rejoining the company in a newly developed position as a Regional Manager. Poulos will be responsible for key distributor accounts within the mountain region, along with several focused national and international accounts. Steve returns to HydraMaster and US Products from a key management position with a cleaning and restoration industry equipment, chemical, and tool manufacturer. He has wide and varied industry experience as a leading instructor, store manager, and account manager with over 31 years in the cleaning and restoration industry. Several thousand students have attended his classes in the past and benefitted from his technical and business management and marketing expertise.
Steve has also served in several key industry trade associations, including six years on the Board of Directors with the Mid-South Professional Cleaners Association, including Executive Director. He was a regional editor for Cleanfax Magazine for five years and has contributed numerous articles to industry publications, blogs, and websites.
“We believe that the addition of Steve’s talents, industry knowledge, and relationships further bolsters our ability to expand our markets going into 2012,” stated McKee. “His long established relationship with industry distributors; professional cleaners and restorers; and industry trade associations helps him successfully establish productive and profitable solutions for all involved. Steve will be an important part of meeting the demands of sales, service, and support for our growing businesses.”
HydraMaster is a leading manufacturer of truckmounted and portable carpet and hard surface cleaning and restoration equipment, chemicals, and accessories. For more information and the location of your nearest HydraMaster Distributor, you can call 1-800-426-1301, visit the website at www.hydramaster.com, or find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cleansolutions.
For more information on this press release:
Contact Doyle Bloss, Marketing and Brand Manager for HydraMaster/US Products at doyle.bloss@hydramaster.com

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Re: Steve Poulos Rejoins HydraMaster and US Products as Regi

Steve is a great guy. A little bit of a rogue. I think he'll keep them honest and on their toes.

Take care,
lisa

Bob Foster

Its a tough world these guys live today because of the extreme pressure to bring in the numbers. Add a dose of politics and its almost unbearable for some.

No offense to Steve, but I bet if he was younger he would rather be on a wand.

I wish him success and happiness. Hydramaster needs all the help they can get to turn that company around.

F

FB7777

I've been in a few classes over they years and with only 1 or 2 exceptions, you'd think that all of these instructors were independently wealthy with turnkey operations back home.

Bob Foster

Its a testament to Steve's capabilities and business relationships that he can go back to Hydramaster. Not very many people can do that.

With the fierce competition between Hydramaster and Legends this is an exceptional situation.

Bob Foster

We will never know and if you do hear something its likely conjecture and BS.

Its no secret that Legends and Hydramaster are fierce rivals.

hogjowl

Idiot™

So, besides the gossip potential, what's this news mean to the average cleaner? Why should any of us care?

Will anything really change as a result of this?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron

Foster you act like you are some industry Guru. Opinions about this and that. Just a few years ago you were pulling out tampons from plugged up portable toilets. You clean a 100 jobs a year and now you think you are the next Ken Harris or Harry Hides who thinks they should own a carpet cleaning forum.

Golden Boy

Bob Foster

Waldo said:
Foster you act like you are some industry Guru. Opinions about this and that. Just a few years ago you were pulling out tampons from plugged up portable toilets. You clean a 100 jobs a year and now you think you are the next Ken Harris or Harry Hides who thinks they should own a carpet cleaning forum.

Golden Boy

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

whatever Butt Boy shiteatinggrin

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron

Foster do me a favor go out to your truck and grab sum Quatalot and spray down your computer chair the stench from your ass siitin in that chair has to be unbearable. I feel sorry for your wife. Taking a weeks vacation to hang out with Lance on Mikeysboard is very sad.

Golden Boy

Bob Foster

:lol:

bb2.jpg

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick

Just met Steve last month in Roselle at his leather cleaning class. Seemed like a pretty good guy. Legends loss, Hydramaster's gain! Both him and Doyle Bloss in the same year! Been a pretty good year for Hydramaster. 8)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

So........he left hm and realized the grass wasn't greener at ss. Or maybe he took a job with ss for hm to spy on them. And now he's reporting back.. it must have been the plan

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

randy

Name
Randy

I was shocked when Steve joined SS, I figured him to be sharper than that. I guess Hydramaster will be coming back "stronger than ever" (remember when that was Steamway's banner/logo). :lol:

All kidding aside, I'm hearing that by Spring you will see a huge, very visible manufacturer within this industry file chapter 11. Very said, but almost inevitable. With so much quality used equipment on the market only fools are buying new rigs. Despite the claims of some of the industry's cheerleaders, the carpet cleaning industry isn't growing. Lot's of consolidation, bankruptcies and business closures. That puts lots of truck mounts on the market AND CREATES A GREAT ENVIRONMENT FOR PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO MARKET. Some of you guys that have been laying the ground work marketing wise are going to do numbers beyond your dreams over the next few years.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

randy said:
I was shocked when Steve joined SS, I figured him to be sharper than that. I guess Hydramaster will be coming back "stronger than ever" (remember when that was Steamway's banner/logo). :lol:

All kidding aside, I'm hearing that by Spring you will see a huge, very visible manufacturer within this industry file chapter 11. Very said, but almost inevitable. With so much quality used equipment on the market only fools are buying new rigs. Despite the claims of some of the industry's cheerleaders, the carpet cleaning industry isn't growing. Lot's of consolidation, bankruptcies and business closures. That puts lots of truck mounts on the market AND CREATES A GREAT ENVIRONMENT FOR PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO MARKET. Some of you guys that have been laying the ground work marketing wise are going to do numbers beyond your dreams over the next few years.

I said this exact stuff two years ago, and I said it last year again. The franchises are the ones really monopolizing on this - consolidating assets for pennies on the dollar of failing companies, or companies that didn't grow their business enough to really retire, and now they're not able to do the work anymore. But as Randy said, if you have your crap together, you'll do just fine, and be able to gain some market share. Not all those customers are going to happy with the new owners and are going to go elsewhere.

But to stay on topic I'm glad to see Steve back with Hydramaster.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Bob Foster said:
We will never know and if you do hear something its likely conjecture and BS.

well..what's the gossip in the skypefAgs klUb about it?

Steve too laid back for the aggressive "lean on the distys hard to sell or we'll pull our products" approach ??

..L.T.A.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

randy said:

And you'd be wrong. It is very slim pickins' on the repo market and as far as new machines Prochem didn't shut down over the holidays like normal be use of the massive influx of new machines orders. We sold 300k more in new machines over our best year and based on Prochem's numbers I'm not the only one experiencing the same thing. Oh and all of these have been by existing companies non franchise that are adding or replacing units.

randy

Name
Randy

Maybe slimpickings at little hole in the wall suppliers but Jon DON has page after page of low hour truckmounts . Used truckmounts.com has 34 listed. Buttler's site currently has a dozen used truckmounts for sale (first time I have seen that in 20 years) . Truckmount Sourse.com has 56 listed. Search Craigslist on Craigslist crawler (nationwide search) and you will find literally hundreds of used truckmounts for sale by owner. That's before calling leasing companies. Get on a few of their mailing / email list and you will get lists of high quality truckmounts. Don't fall for the lie that you have to buy new or ever at list prices for that matter. YOU DON'T.

Tons of great deals out there, tons.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

There are always lots of units our there- I have seen as many as 20 plus on Butlers site. There are probably 15-20,000 units out there so having a few hundred to even a couple thousand used ones changing hand each year wouldn;t surprise me a bit and probably has very little impact on new unit sales.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

Steve is an experienced cleaner and a real expert in leather. If you have the chance, take a class from Steve. I have no doubt that Hydramaster is happy to have such a great guy.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

I said this exact stuff two years ago, and I said it last year again. The franchises are the ones really monopolizing on this - consolidating assets for pennies on the dollar of failing companies...quote] Of course, some franchises just have huge fleets of parked trucks.

There are always deals to be had, always someone that wasn't committed enough or funded well enough and will have to give up their equipment at a loss. I seem to recall a statistic that said well over half of all licensed and registered cars are for sale at any given time, so it looks like carpet cleaners are doing far better by comparison 8)

Hopefully Mr. Poulos just left for more money and came back for even more money. Nothing slippery or sticky about that.

Back
Top Bottom