stiff carpet

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i had a customer call me and said she had her carpet cleaned by big box cleaning service :lol: and when she tried to vacum the next day the vac was hard to push.i thought she was just being a silly custy.so i went to clean tan builder carpet LR-DR.pre treat dwell and clean and as soon as i started to wand, the wand would not slide,and it was even worse infront of the ent center where i do not spray.the wand felt like it was on stuck.this is a very clean old lady and the cleaning showeed me that the previous cleaners did not care.because even under the furniture the carpet showed major improvement. i am wondering if carpet protector will cause this

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Is it poly carpet that has compacted due to wear?

It happens quite often that a client doesn't pay much attention to their carpet until after it is cleaned.

That crushed poly can be hard as a rock and of course
'normal" under the furniture.

You could at least do a burn test to see if the carpet is plastic.

If so, the condition is normal for that fiber and uncorrectable.

Your tern "builder" carpet is a big tip off to crappy plastic carpet.

Did rotary scrub the carpet? Doesn't sound like it from your description. You should not of skipped this step if you want to open up the pile.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Over applying an encap product or protector could make the carpet stiffer than normal, but my first reaction is the same as above, condition of the carpet not the cleaning.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Could have been bad water and/or residue from the last cleaners... most of the big outfits do not do dry strokes and try to blast out 10 jobs per day/per truck which not only leaves the carpet wetter but increases the chance that an area would be presprayed and then not rinsed or vac'd out because the techs are pressed for time.

I would use a good acid rinse in this case.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
it was a nylon carpet,i know poly! i clean a whole shit dump 6 month turnover trailer park full of poly.this custys carpet was 9 yrs old.i think the previous cleaners were hak n vac n

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom