Stone etching question

Name
Yohance
Do any of you guys remove etching from stone? I had a stone counter top (travertine) and it had some etching marks from toothpaste drips etc... I never really pursued this type of work but was wondering how easy it is and what to use?

Mikey P

Administrator
keep some 400 and 800 grit mini monkey pads and an angle grinder on your truck.

easy money

go buy some travertine tiles of various hone/shine from a tile store to practice on first.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Mikey P said:

easy money

go buy some travertine tiles of various hone/shine from a tile store to practice on first.

Do this and practice you will be amazed how easy it is. ( time consuming but easy)

Name
Yohance
Mikey P said:

easy money

Thank you Mikey,
I am going to do exactly that. I actually am going to have somebody who knows how to do this show me hands on.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
dealtimeman said:
Mikey P said:

easy money

Do this and practice you will be amazed how easy it is. ( time consuming but easy)

Michael: Want to spend a day in Wilbarger County? I've got two customers wanting someone to clean and polish their travertine? We haven't done anything like that. Previous owner didn't do T&G (don't have an answer for you) and we haven't had enough calls to get serious about it. I realize it's not worth a 3 - 4 hour drive, I just thought I'd ask.

Amygeorge

Mikey P

Administrator
Travertine is just too easy.

heck, many etches can be removed by hand with a cotton towel and THIS stuff.

I've gone over floors with just a 175 and a brown pad and removed etching too.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
amygeorge said:
dealtimeman said:
Mikey P said:

easy money

Michael: Want to spend a day in Wilbarger County? I've got two customers wanting someone to clean and polish their travertine? We haven't done anything like that. Previous owner didn't do T&G (don't have an answer for you) and we haven't had enough calls to get serious about it. I realize it's not worth a 3 - 4 hour drive, I just thought I'd ask.

Amygeorge

Give me a call Monday and we can talk about it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you buy a set of the Spinergy pads (AKA Monkey pads) you can attend the 1 day hands-on training school in San Diego at no charge. The school is run by Dana Kothrade who is the designer / inventor of those pads. The school includes polishing a number of stone counter tops and floors.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom