Strange chair discoloration

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I can’t say I haven’t done it. Back in my $8/hr years , Dixie steamway’s formula 0 and bleach were sitting next to each other in the same type of jug, same color. So I go mix it up in a pump up with the normal 8:1 mixture on some office carpet. Scared the heck out of me and the boss. Lucky us...it did nothing but brighten the carpet. I don’t think my boss got any sleep that night when I told him I sprayed bleach all over the carpet.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We used to use "Pool Sanitizer", which is just a strong bleach, for washing our towels. We had a helper use it thinking it was a deodorizer/disinfectant. 3 jobs in a matter of a month ended up with a mysterious yellowing. All high end homes and all very light carpet.

We finally figured it out after the 3rd claim. IIRC it cost us about $15,000.

Name
Brad Gouveia
If it was me I would say I can fix but would need to take it back to the shop to fix it properly and then you will have the chance to try different things to fix it. Otherwise it will be a half dozen trips back and forth hoping you fixed it each time.

Reactions: Brian H

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
The other piece of upholstery to the right appears to have the same issue.

The spots seem random; was there any pre-existing issue that might contribute to this?

Was there something specific about the job that made you choose to apply the deodorizer (not looking to fault the deodorizer, but wondering what might have gone on before you got there....and what they might have applied to remedy the problem)

How old are the pieces?

How soiled was the upholstery?

Did you apply the prespray everywhere, or just on heavily soiled arms and cushions?

Did you apply the deodorizer with a trigger sprayer over the entire piece, or was it in the extraction solution?

Can you identify the fiber family? (natural vs. synthetic is good enough)
Any update on classes?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Any update on classes?

I've decided to wait until travel and assembly is completely unrestricted in each state.

Perhaps the last quarter of this year; 2022 for sure.

I'll post my schedule on www.pembertons.com under "Training Resources" when the time comes.

I hope to see you at one of my classes. I try to make some of them coincide with Mike's Ronald McDonald House Charity events; I make special pricing available for volunteers who support the charity with their work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom