streakin

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i cleaned a pretty dirty nylon burbur the other day,first pre treat powerburst then clean with SS detergent.got a call for streaks and went back mixed up SS acid rinse,re cleaned and it looked great all the yellow streaks were gone,got email today,custy says looks better but some streaking is still there:icon_question:WTF my next step is fabpro browning treatment in a pump up sprayerHELP:errf:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Is the streaking "yellowing" or soil wicking.
Two different issues.

The 175 + bonnet will definitely work, I would use different products.
For soil wicking, any good encapsulating product will work, or just a regular carpet cleaning detergent misted and bonneted.
Yellowing I will use a product designed for it. Usually the white cotton cleaners will work as well. Unless there's an asthmatic (because of the bisulfite) in the house.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
did you prevac thoroughly. Berber is a pain to get the soil out of, and it WILL wick on you.
What kind of wand are you using, straight down or angled jets? That will make a difference too.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
Fellas,I don't do any bonnet cleaning,thank you Ron.those jets are pointing rather close to down.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
with the jets pointing down, one trick I've tried before getting my greenhorn, was to turn the water pressure down to about 200. Rather than trying to flush out all the soil I would just clean the top with good dry strokes to get it as dry as possible, much like what bonnet cleaning would do.
Or, if its just a small area that is streaking, I might take my stair tool to it. The smaller vac head gives a lot more suck and I would try to flush it all out, then give slow dry passes.

Name
R.J. Povio
Just spray it with a B:rowning/Tannin acid. Rub with a white towel. Problem solved. Do not clean it again, that may cause more wicking/browning. The browning is most likely on the top of the carpet fibers if you look closely.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
thank you all,she wont allow me back till after the holidays,i see that she feels if they trash it over the holiday then i will just reclean it,to try to rid the browning.:hopeless:surprise MRS piff im just gonna spray a browning treatment on it this time.:rockon:

F

FB7777

I rarely wand Berber carpet anymore

Get a 360 or Hoss and dry the heck out of it

If its streaking it sounds improper cleaning or clogged jets

A return trip to apply a topical browning treatment is basically saying "this is all I'm gonna do lady so stop bugging me"

Reactions: Ken Snow and Hoody

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I rarely wand Berber carpet anymore

Get a 360 or Hoss and dry the heck out of it

If its streaking it sounds improper cleaning or clogged jets

A return trip to apply a topical browning treatment is basically saying "this is all I'm gonna do lady so stop bugging me"

x2.........Berber and a wand just don't play well together.....

Mikey P

Administrator
A Berber and a crappy wand and or bad technique you mean..

A very thorough dry vac, the right chems, a good scrub in to break the soil looks and slow and deliberate rinse and dry stroke are key

As is a glide on the wand

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
A Berber and a crappy wand and or bad technique you mean..

A very thorough dry vac, the right chems, a good scrub in to break the soil looks and slow and deliberate rinse and dry stroke are key

As is a glide on the wand

no..I pretty much meant any wand or technique........loop Berber..you just can not get that wand to sit down right and you lose some of your suction....it pretty much just glides over the top and leaves the carpet to wet....and your not really flushing everything out of it.....take your Hoss or your 360i and clean a loop Berber and I am sure you will see a huge difference..............

That being said.....and assuming you are talking about using a 175 for the scrubbing......I have never used a 175...just can't see any reason to add the extra step before the wand when a good rotary will do it all in one step...............

Mikey P

Administrator
A 175 will not over wet like a Rex can and will if you sit on an area too long.

Maybe if you ran your TM at 14' your wand would stick...lol

SamIam

Name
sam miller
A prochem quad without a glide or with sits really well on berbers drys really well run 6 flow. Also most are olefin and water goes right thru so flooding these will often sink soil and cause wicking. Sometime's the streaking comes form the overlaping where more water is used. Drystrokes and fans. A lighter pre spray lot of citrus and lo ph rinse.

But my PCQ has been the best thing for berber for me. Its heavy less chatter or no chatter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom