streaking with greenhorn.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I got a call back for streaking on a very light colored frieze. I have noticed
some streaking with this wand but this really takes the cake. I took the jet extenders off which raised the jets off the floor by about an inch. I have talked to another cleaner who is also weary of jet extenders .

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was running 8 flow on the wand. I went back and recleaned with a 2 jet unglided wand. It seemed to do the trick however I am holding my breath until it dries

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
truckmount girl said:
12 or 14"? how many jets? long or short checkies? Glide? What is the angle and flow of the jets and how old are they?

Take care,
Lisa
12 inch, 4 jet , 8 flow, hybrid glide. jet extensions maybe an inch. I have noticed streaking on the thicker piles, I think removing the extensions will still give me the sheered water flow but will be an appropriate distance from the floor and safe to use on all carpets

Name
Lee Stockwell
Turn down the pressure! You can tell the FIRST stroke in the back bedroom if it's going to flare (streak). On the Bentley wand you can also pull the jets away from the floor a bit to do the same thing.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
What psi would you recommend we run it at, my wand is very similar to his and I'm also having the issue. I run my psi at or around 400-500psi.

Name
Lee Stockwell
My 405 has a pressure knob on the front of the machine. With most carpet, on 100' of line, we clean at 500 to as much as 650 psi. After a while you recognize the frizzy cut piles that will flare or distort, as seen by distinct stripes at each jet.

Just experiment and progressively turn down the pressure until it goes away. Rarely we've gone down to as low as 250 psi. Each carpet is different. For us it's not a problem to dial it in. (a good time to use your cell phone)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We run our 14" with 11003's and even if you start with a little texture distortion, once you dry pass that same area its gone and distortion is only from the spray overlap.. no actuel streaking.. are you dry passing properly and grooming afterwards?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Make sure on the thicker piles you're applying enough pre-spray, and that its not drying on you either. I use to have that problem on thicker piles and frieze carpets. Once the jets hit the carpet even shearing with a pimped out wand, glide, ect it would streak. Would have to re-prespray, and scrub like mad, and rinse really well.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Most of the time once I did my dry passes you wouldn't see the streaking anymore, just on the first wet pass on some piles. I'll play around w/ the psi on these cases.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Listen to reason and experience. The Greenhorn wand is a great wand, put a glide on it and you are ready to clean, but take the extenders off and KEEP them off. Get some injet check valves to control the drips. I know, I know ... this flies against all the bulletin board wisdom you hear, but the streaking and pile distortion will all go away if you take the extenders off and life will be happy once again. On, but be sure you go to 80 degree jets on your two outside jets, or the overspray will cause you some heartburn. And ignore all the idiots here who will tell you they don't have overspray issues. All you gotta do is look for it the next time you clean a glue down commercial carpet .... if the carpet is blue or grey, you will see it big time.

Unconventional realism from Porky.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why I wonder too Marty why the need to get so close to the carpet with extenders or wands that have jets made to be 1/2 " above the pile.?

Then they wonder about pile distortion and streaking.

Um....Duh!!!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

I agree on eliminating the combo jet extender/check valves.

I saw lots of distorted jet spray patterns from them.

Been checking lots of wand spray patterns with this Spraying System design:

JetCheck.jpg

Larry

BraveHeart

Larry Cobb said:
Marty;

I agree on eliminating the combo jet extender/check valves.

I saw lots of distorted jet spray patterns from them.

Been checking lots of spray patterns with this Spraying System design:

JetCheck.jpg

Larry

Its hard to scale the size of this plex tank with dividers. How does this system tell you how well the the jet patterns work?
Do you place the entire wand inside where each jet gets its own divider or?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
BraveHeart said:
Been checking lots of spray patterns with this Spraying System design:

JetCheck.jpg

Larry

Its hard to scale the size of this plex tank with dividers. How does this system tell you how well the the jet patterns work?
Do you place the entire wand inside where each jet gets its own divider or?
The compartments are 1.25" wide each.

The wand is placed on top of it and valve opened until center compartments are full.

If you look closely you can see four full compartments in the photo above.

Larry

lance

Greenie said:
Overall shot of Greenhorn kit:

This one is what I call the commercial kit, it has the longer check valve extenders, most guys opt for the shorter ones in residential.

DSC01491.jpg

Found this in the archives. So maybe one-half inch extenders for residential, one inch for commercial. But notice there is no glide in that pic.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
You could try one of Bristor's adjustable (for height and angle) manifolds.

I put one on my 14" GH a few weeks ago.

Directing the spray deeper into the carpet is giving me better rinsing and, surprisingly, not affecting dry times.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
gary mackay said:
I must have got a fluke Greenhorn because mine has none of those issues

no mine hasnt had issues either.....other then when that bracket broke....but hey that happens on anything

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom