STUFF ON MY MAILBOX

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
For about two weeks now, i've been getting flyers on my mailbox for everthing from roofing to pizzas.......it don bother ME as THAT is how I started out!
However it brought my attention back to the posts where some of yous nimrods are under the mistaken idea that it is against the Federal law to put flyers on the OUTSIDE of a mailbox!
Once again i say you're wrong...and would lik SOMEONE to post a Federal Law that prohibits this........

I've put thousands and thousands of them on.......and the worst that happened was a few irrate homeowners that threatened that law on me.....

nothing EVER happened!

EXCEPT I GOT TONS OF WORK

You all remember how i explained the procedure for rollin' the flyers up...RIGHT?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Explain again Mr. Bob.

And I know it's not illegal to put stuff outside the mailbox.
You are correct sir. (in my best Ed Mcmahon voice)

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK...but quickly!

THINGS NEEDED:

1/2" piece of dowel about 10" long
1/2" corded electric drill
foot pedal from a sewing machine

WHAT TO DO:

Make a secure stand to mount the drill
wit a jig-saw...saw the dowel
length ways about 8"
Secure dowel in drill and plug drill into footpedal
Now you can control the speed of the drill wit NO hands!

NEXT:

put flyer into slot in dowel and spin it.......
next...secure rolled up flyer wit paper clip!

AFTER THAT:

Put on mailbox flags!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The she-creature of our species is truly a wonderous and mysterious thing...........being the Natural Born Expert on this entidy...

ask me what you will........

Rex Tyus

bob vawter said:
For about two weeks now, i've been getting flyers on my mailbox for everthing from roofing to pizzas.......it don bother ME as THAT is how I started out!
However it brought my attention back to the posts where some of yous nimrods are under the mistaken idea that it is against the Federal law to put flyers on the OUTSIDE of a mailbox!
Once again i say you're wrong...and would lik SOMEONE to post a Federal Law that prohibits this........
I've put thousands and thousands of them on.......and the worst that happened was a few irrate homeowners that threatened that law on me.....

nothing EVER happened!

EXCEPT I GOT TONS OF WORK

You all remember how i explained the procedure for rollin' the flyers up...RIGHT?

Page for read it for yourself. Under background headline.

http://www.gao.gov/archive/1997/gg97085.pdf

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
According to the post office you can't anything on
any mail boxes its federal property even if
you pay for it.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Under current law, a violation of the mailbox restriction law is an
infraction that can be punished by a fine but not by imprisonment. The
maximum fine for each offense is $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for
organizations.6
In addition to the mailbox restriction law, Postal Service regulations
provide that “every letterbox or other receptacle intended or used for the
receipt or delivery of mail” may be used only for matter bearing postage
and that any mailable matter found in mailboxes without postage is
subject to payment of the same postage as if it had been carried by mail.7
Postal Service regulations are broader than the mailbox restriction law.
The regulations restrict items placed upon, supported by, attached to,
hung from, or inserted into a mailbox.8 However, the regulations do not
apply to door slots, among other things.9
The Postal Inspection Service is responsible for enforcing postal laws,
including the mailbox restriction. The Inspection Service has maintained
that because the mailbox restriction limits access to mailboxes to the
Service and the customer, it helps deter mail theft and helps the Inspection
Service enforce postal laws against mail theft. Because the Inspection
Service believes that the mailbox restriction is relevant to its

Name
I'm Rick James
What ever happen the Ben Surdi, a local cleaner posted on here saying he was going to be fined cause a helper put the flyers in mailboxes.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The following excerpt from U.S. POSTAL SERVICE: Information About Restrictions on Mailbox Access

"Postal Service regulations are broader than the mailbox restriction law.
The regulations restrict items placed upon, supported by, attached to,
hung from, or inserted into a mailbox."

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Bawb,

God help you if there is a reward for reporting your offenses. For you have just outlined a pretty detailed confession to a Federal crime.

Able 1

Name
Keith
And again :lol: Sorry Bawb... it does NEED to get changed! Not sure how to do that yet.

RandyHilburn

The mailboxes in one of the subdivisions where we do a lot of business are all post mounted at the street. The top of the post is about 9 inches taller than the support bracket on which the mailbox is actually mounted.

A few months ago, we proceeded to secure about 200 of our flyers to the post with a rubber band, but not to the mailbox itself. The next day, I received a phone call from the city postmaster telling me that what we had done was against the law and not to do it again. I apologized and no further action was taken by the USPS.

The following week, one of my employees suggested that we throw the remaining flyers in the front yards of the residents (next to the city's free newspaper that goes out every Thursday morning). We started early and distributed about 5000 flyers in just a few hours.

I hadn't been back at home 30 minutes when some guy in a city truck (accompanied by a uniformed police officer) was knocking on my front door threatening to give me a $5000 citation and upto a year in jail if we didn't go back out and pick-up everything we had just distributed. And so we did.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Look the easy thing to do is get bags and place them on
a screen door no harm
and not against the law.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I put flyers behind the flags one time and the USPS sent me a bill for what it would have cost to mail them. I wrote a letter to the postmaster that politely called him a bastard and he sent me another letter saying I would go to prison with Willy Nelson if I didn't pay it.

Since I can't sing I paid it.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Funny thing is, I'd just leave her all horny and pissed off like I do most girls.

So basically you can not put a flyer inside the mailbox, anywhere outside of the mailbox, or on a post or column supporting the mailbox. Damn. I was planning on putting some on the post. What do you do if all the houses you target are estate homes with mile long driveways and no paperboxes? Do you hang them on the gate?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
B&BGaryC said:
[quote="Brian Robison":25roh0i0]Genius.

Ok,
How do I satisfy my girlfriend?

Give her my number[/quote:25roh0i0]

Oh, she HAS your number.
I think we ALL have you number.

Are you sick of me messin with you yet. I don't know, I feel like I need to bug you for some reason.
Are we fishin buddies?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Brian Robison said:
[quote="B&BGaryC":2w415bg3][quote="Brian Robison":2w415bg3]Genius.

Ok,
How do I satisfy my girlfriend?

Give her my number[/quote:2w415bg3]

Oh, she HAS your number.
I think we ALL have you number.

Are you sick of me messin with you yet. I don't know, I feel like I need to bug you for some reason.
Are we fishin buddies?[/quote:2w415bg3]

I think that's a brokeback reference but I never bothered to watch the movie....

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
My wife and I used to own a bagel bakery. We paid to place an add in a weekly "junk mailer" that was bulk mailed to pretty much every person in our town. It generated a lot of revenue, and it was *cheap* as well as legal. It would have taken us a lot of time and probably more money to hand distribute them to everyone's mail box or front porch. I'm not sure I see the point of doing your own delivery for this type of flier.

People are accustomed to tossing anything that looks like junk mail and not reading it. However, you put the same flyer on their front door and they will definetley look it over more thoroughly. No one answered my question. Can you hang flyers on the post of a mailbox or should you stay away from anything attatched to the box?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom