submersible pump

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
What is minimum requirement for residential floods?

Hp?
Gph?

Any recommendations for certain brands that wont clog as easy?

Is there a formula to determine which pump hp/gph to use?

Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bill I can't read the label it's either 1.5 HP or .5 HP? Something bought at the big box stores, Lowes Home Depot. We just screw in the PVC barb and you can use 2-inch vac hose off your reel for pumpout.

2013-05-06_08-17-57_55_zpsb5a82286.jpg

2013-05-06_08-16-06_859_zps59962f81.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That does look like a good one. I'll have to try one of those, I like the 2-inch port. You can move a lot more with vac hose than garden hose.

How do you charge for the use Michael? Hourly? Day? Water removed?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks.

I am preparing for the next big storm, started to get pieces here and there, will probably get 5 of these pumps just to be ready to go.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We use a lay flat hose to minimize space on the trucks if it a very large amou t of water that needs to be moved we use a 13 hp trash pump with a 3 inch discharge. The only "problem" With the trash pump is its size and overall space it takes to dedicate space on the truck for it.

With the electric pumps the only porblem we run into is no electricity and that's huge as without power you can't run equipment and make money.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Speaking of electricity, I remember when Al Sims used to post on here, he mentioned a few times trying to buy every generator he could find on Craigslist for all the homes that didn't have power during the big storms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom