Successful Marketing.... The main ingredient is vigilance

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksiob6KVPDwz]

I'll add to this when time permits... Cool story.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Re: Successful Marketing.... The main ingredient is vigila

While many rah rah people will applaud the video I thought it was dumb and stupid.

My inspiration was always that movie "Rocky".

And

Talladega Nights

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

I have said for years than marketing is not one big step or miracle marketing idea. But, rather to succeed it just takes many small steps in the right direction.

What often happens is that many are reluctant to even take that first step or giving up after taking just a few.

Make an action plan with firm dates for the small steps and start and continue to take those steps to make it succeed.

Connor

Name
Connor

He shoulda just flew the whole way.

F

FB7777

Dave Yoakum said:
I have said for years than marketing is not one big step or miracle marketing idea. But, rather to succeed it just takes many small steps in the right direction.

What often happens is that many are reluctant to even take that first step or giving up after taking just a few.

Make an action plan with firm dates for the small steps and start and continue to take those steps to make it succeed.
I'd love to see your action plan Brokum

someone should have clued you in that the thousand step plan was an upward climb ... not a descent

Step Brothers was better than Talladega Nights, jImmY

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I got a movie for a couple in this thread "Dumb and Dumber"

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

Hey Jimmy: If you're not first... You're last!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

Yeah step brothers was good too.

My wife just doesn't understand why those movies are so good.

Jeremy don't show anymore of those stupid videos anymore ya hear?

This ain't no eLemENATRy School.

LOOZER

F

FB7777

yea Jerm, what Jimmy said

this is the big boy table

It might come off as condescending... if not for the fact that you're so clueless

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

CULT SHAMPOO seller

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

Fred I'm not Yoakum... I'll put my nutsack on your drumset.

9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiYlc-FAGH89]

So, as promised I'm back to add the story... I finally have a few minutes to mess around on the interwebs.

So I have been marketing (somewhat inconsistently) to this assisted living center about three blocks from my home for about three and a half years to no avail... I was about to scratch them off my mailing list and decisded to include them in a split mailing to test my new sales letter against my old sales letter... Well, honestly neither worked (I only sent out 10 of each)... What it did do was

Although all the contact over the years had finally paid dividends when the needed help I was the one they called but for years I was given reasons, excuses and explanations on why "now" wasn't the time to change cleaning services...Then they decided they were going to do it in house and after about 8 months realized there was a reason that carpet cleaners exist... They had made a complete mess of thier carpet by using Ace Hardwasre brand extraction shampoo as bonnet cleaner.

Anyway... Enter Jeremy to save the day. I cleaned it on the condition that it would probably need a reservice in a couple weeks and priced it accordingly. The place looked great but sure enough about 12 days after cleaning I was asked to return and hit a few problem spots. I went up there that evening armed for bear with a 6oz per gallon mix of Snake Oil and recleaned all the spots and hit some of the higher traffic areas. Then did some traffic areas in the longer halways just to use all the juice... The place looked great & has stayed looking good.

Well while I was cleaning the second tieme I had a few minutes to talk with the director. She & her husband were starting church and had just purchased a building. I was asked to clean that as well. It turned out great & was asked for an estimate on cleaning and buffing some VCT which I just threw in as a courtesy. It only took 15 minutes and a little bit of windex...

Long story short I was just asked to prepare a maintenance plan for the assisted living center & 3 other locations as well for monthly service and 2 fulll cleanings per year. All the postage stamps & flyers finally did what they were bought for... They gave me the top of mind awareness that landed the customer and gave me a chance to sell my services with good customer service...

All together it was just over $800 for about 5 hrs of work total & a maintenance plan to boot... Persistence pays.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

Jeremy,

When Pfred calls you clueless you have to consider the source.

After a while you will learn to ignore him. Like like many do here.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

Spoken like a true whipping boy! LOL

Honestly, there isn't a whole lot of anything on this board that I get upset over... Other than Jimmy constantly texting me pics of his bleached white legs & that sweater he sent me that he made the last time he shaved his back.... That was EXTRA Creepy!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman

XTREME1 said:
I got a movie for a couple in this thread "Dumb and Dumber"

Back to the derailment of this thread...
Dumb and Dumber was very inspiring, but the Jerk.... now that is an inspiring story. Born a poor black child, becomes an inventor, then looses it all getting sued. American success story.

davendana

Name
d Jackass

i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONtKjljX8KIi]

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Let other companies take the baby steps for your and profit from their efforts.

Let them profit as well.

Repeat.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Qr]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom