Suggestions Please

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
One of my church clients called with an issue. They had velcroed a rug down in their hallway for a few years and decided to pull it up. 4 Velcro areas about 4-6 " wide by 4ft in length. Left lots of glue that your feet would practically stick to when you walked across it. I ask if he cared how aggressive I was with it and he said do what you gotta do. So I tried stripper, gum gel, and clear PVC pipe cleaner to no avail Did crank the heat up and got most of the excessive glue to attach to the glide which I later was able to peel off. Most of the glue is gone but the stain is pretty much the same. Any thoughts? We have removed glue from duct tape from VBS sessions many times but this has been a beast.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Billy put some citrus solvent in a spray bottle mist it on (DO NOT POUR) then real good agitation with a brush and it always cleans out, sometimes I've had to repeat the process but it has done the trick for me on numerous occassions. Be careful it will look as though it's all gone but some may still be there.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've run into this on occasion and WD-40 has always removed it. I have never had a difficult time with it and after removing the glue, the carpet has always cleaned up fine. So, if I am reading you correctly, and you have actually removed the glue, only to have a dark stain remain, then let me suggest you put some liquid Fels-Naptha on it and scrub it before extracting. If I am NOT reading you corrcectly, and it is still the actual GLUE that you are having trouble with, then try the WD-40 on it. If that doesn't work, then resort to VacAways Hel-Gel. It works on everything.

S

sam miller

I got sticky carpet tape that left black lines out yesterday lots os citrus and scrubbing, wd40 has oms and is good on paint and sticky stains to.

Heavy duty soil lifter from chemspec has oms and delemonene. It works pretty good also.

Heat helps too.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Marty said:
I've run into this on occasion and WD-40 has always removed it. I have never had a difficult time with it and after removing the glue, the carpet has always cleaned up fine. So, if I am reading you correctly, and you have actually removed the glue, only to have a dark stain remain, then let me suggest you put some liquid Fels-Naptha on it and scrub it before extracting. If I am NOT reading you corrcectly, and it is still the actual GLUE that you are having trouble with, then try the WD-40 on it. If that doesn't work, then resort to VacAways Hel-Gel. It works on everything.

Marty, Does Fels Naptha come in a liquid or do you have to dissolve a bar in water?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Just wet the area a little, rub the bar of Fels on the spot and scrub a little. Rinse real well.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I keep a cheese grater on my truck and grate a couple of oz's of the Fels bar into a paper towel, pour it into a sprayer bottle and fill with super hot water from my heater. Shake it up and SHAZAAM! I now have a super spotter ready to go!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I jusy use the bar but Marty's tip about cheese grater sounds great
Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom