Sunday's Full page ad for upcoming homeshow

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We have one of our local Home Shows coming up next week.

I buy a package advertising deal (Branding Package) with our Newspaper and do receive some specials. I receive a full page ad essentially for half price and in full color.

Here is our Ad coming out this Sunday to prep for our home show and hopefully start getting people in the cleaning season thinking.

Our Newspaper only comes out on Wednesdays and Sundays, and we do have a pretty good following.

We give away a mini kids ride on jeep that looks like our Saiger's Steam Clean Blue Jeep, and a carpet cleaning gift certificate.... and we do have our puppies and grandson doing special guest appearances.

We are quite a popular booth and do get a lot of traffic....sometimes even making other vendors jealous of how much traffic we receive :)

This is just a screen shot so part of the bottom with our phone numbers and web address, etc. is cut off.

2014-03-11203106_zps428fa332.png

Mark

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The kid/the look ..."yea we're tough on dirt"

LOVE IT!!!!

..L.T.A.

Thanks Larry,

Here is the other part of that ad we actually have found very successful for us.

Our grandson and puppies have been a big hit locally.

Just happened to get that shot during our Summer parade and it just fit.

He really is a happy little guy. Just a classic moment for us.

2013-08-12101509_zps89f635c4.png

2013-08-03132313_zps2a75bc28.png

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
To be honest, I don't like it very much, and I don't think marketing folks would think it is a good ad either.

I doubt people are going to attend the home show just to get a discount coupon there.

Big photos of your vans? Who Cares? And what is the photo of the jeep for?

Talks about your equipment..... no mention of benefits of having carpets cleaned.

No special offer. No way to track return on investment.

Ad seems disjointed to me. I also don't like how business name and phone number is only located at bottom.

I am no marketing guy. No expert. But I would recommend you seek expert advice prior to next ad run.

Hope you find my opinion helpful. just being honest with my opinion.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
To be honest, I don't like it very much, and I don't think marketing folks would think it is a good ad either.

I doubt people are going to attend the home show just to get a discount coupon there.

Big photos of your vans? Who Cares? And what is the photo of the jeep for?

Talks about your equipment..... no mention of benefits of having carpets cleaned.

No special offer. No way to track return on investment.

Ad seems disjointed to me. I also don't like how business name and phone number is only located at bottom.

I am no marketing guy. No expert. But I would recommend you seek expert advice prior to next ad run.

Hope you find my opinion helpful. just being honest with my opinion.

Thanks Paul for the imput.

The ad was overall designed by a couple of gals with the News papers marketing firm and is part of our overall branding package.

We are in a community of a little over 10,500 people and about another 8000 in the surrounding area we service.

Our vans and trucks are unique for the area and have become very well known.

The jeep is also part of our brand and giving away this matching kids jeep has become very popular. We did not give one of these away a few years ago and heard about that from a lot of people.

Our tracking is actually at the home show which is a very popular thing to attend after a long winter. We know our market fairly well but still are monitoring it all the time. Change does happen and we try to respond.

Not sure if you had the chance to read the opening I posted about the ad, but the add is intended to help let the people of area know we are again going to be at the show and we are there to help kick off Spring.

The other pics are the Vehicles in one of our local parades which we are also well known for with bubble machines and music and fun.

I deffinately agree that advertising about your great powerful vans (or pretty vans) is typically not smart marketing....but we know it works for us with all the comments about them.

We also are good at our cleaning and people know that. They have come to asscociate our quality with the blue vans and blue theme....so we roll with it.

Hope that helps explain a bit about us.

Thanks again for the response. We seriously do appreciate it and will take a closer look at things for future change.

Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: tmdry

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I understand what Paul said but you guys have your own style and its recognized in your market. I love it!

I wrote down a lot your ideas with the type of images you used. I may use them for something later on. Great ideas!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Mark is the king of branding aka marketing.

If you follow him on the boards you will see that his ideas are what everyone should be pushing for TOMA (top of the mind awareness).

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks guys and I do seriously appreciate everyones compliments and comments. Paul also brings up good points which make great marketing sense.

His first impressions were very important to me and I need to also always keep in mind that we need to work to try and find ways to market to many.

No marketing is ever perfect or flawless. Its hard to find a way to appeal to everyone in one ad, so I also need to be ready to keep making changes and improvements.

Our intentions are to let everyone know we will be at this show and come see us. If it was our first time at the show I would definately approach it differently.

Still many ways to improve. Got to just find that magic :)

Thanks again!

Mark

Reactions: Paul Demers

Ron K

Paul our and probably Marks vans are one of the best forms of advertising. It is basically working when ever it's out of your shop or garage and basically free. People say they see our vans around all the time we only have one. I'm sure with their working strategy, people in his town all know him/company/vans, thats great advertising. You must have a much better approach I and others would love to see it

Reactions: Jerry

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers

Mark,

Thank for accepting my comments in the spirit they were given.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Mark I just got done scotchguarding 16 dining room chairs for 117.00 laying on the couch right now before heading out for a minimum job. Feel free to call me on my marketing plan of making over 200 DOLLARS A DAY IN THE CARPET CLEANING BUSINESS!!

Waldo

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark I just got done scotchguarding 16 dining room chairs for 117.00 laying on the couch right now before heading out for a minimum job. Feel free to call me on my marketing plan of making over 200 DOLLARS A DAY IN THE CARPET CLEANING BUSINESS!!

Waldo

Waldo,

Just let me know when you are done with your nap so I dare call.....don't wake the sleeping bear :)

Any marketing advice could have it's advantages....either way. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom