Super Sticky, Nasty, Disgusting Golden Corral Job With Pics

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Re: Super Sticky, Nasty, Disgusting Golden Corral Job With P

floorguy said:
rwcarpet said:
Wow....that might be a walkaway unless they offer a decent payout. That'a a freakin' mess for only two weeks. You sure they aren't damp mopping the carpet everyday and leaving a residue. I know of resturant owners that have their employees damp mop the carpet thinking that it will help!

WTF :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yep, Doug......employees take the mop bucket from the hard floors, and wring out the mop and run it over the traffic areas. Probably some old Chinese "floor trick"!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

Lee Stockwell said:
If you suspect a presprayed area is getting too dry you can "wet it out" with a quick overspray with your wand.

Jump on the WEEKLY service, especially it THEY suggested it.

Thanks LEE

S

sam miller

I agree with Lee every week $400.00 thats a good acct. ,and You'll get the time down where it gets easier if not You could walk away or sub it out.

Jamesh921

Name
James

Also, make sure you're not trying to apply your prespray with your heater too hot. If the water is too hot coming from your machine, it won't pick up the chemical out of your Hydroforce.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners

They will have to learn that carpet is the worst choice for flooring in their facility. I've had clients where they don't know how to process the professional advice that the carpet has to go. The only advice I could give would be the ultimate cocktail I use to mix for Chevy's Fresh Mex. It will help you with much less scrubbing and beating the carpet up. Email me and I'll help you. In the end, it's horrible work for little pay. Find some more residential work so you don't have to stay up all night working on shit like that.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Jamesh921 said:
Also, make sure you're not trying to apply your prespray with your heater too hot. If the water is too hot coming from your machine, it won't pick up the chemical out of your Hydroforce.

That's exactly what I was going to say...

I also have to turn down the heat on the diesel burner when I want to prespray- after its already been running full heat.

Name
Lee Stockwell

NobleCarpetCleaners said:
They will have to learn that carpet is the worst choice for flooring in their facility. I've had clients where they don't know how to process the professional advice that the carpet has to go. The only advice I could give would be the ultimate cocktail I use to mix for Chevy's Fresh Mex. It will help you with much less scrubbing and beating the carpet up. Email me and I'll help you. In the end, it's horrible work for little pay. Find some more residential work so you don't have to stay up all night working on shit like that.

Scott, with all due respect, that is HORRIBLE advice to give up carpet!!

That carpet is doing its job, contributing to a quieter and more pleasant dining experience. The fact that it gets dirty regularly points to the GREAT business the owner has at this location, a problem other owners would love to have.

Without carpet that restaurant would be a noisy greasy slippery rather unpleasant place...punctuated by the occasional crash of broken plates.

I love cleaning restaurant carpets like that because we know how to do it profitably and effectively. (Several others here agree and can do the same).

Please don't bad-mouth carpet.

Thanks,
Lee

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

To ps with the lg turn heat to big notch then when u clean turn it all the way up

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Jeremy N said:
We mixed up 2 full cups of powermax in the HF with hot. hot water. I don't have a metering thingy in the HF. So, the mixture is strong.

Cups?
About how many ounces?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

it may be 16 oz or 4 oz....

still...16 oz with tip out is still 16 oz for about 9 gallons of water :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

here is why a battery sprayer or my way (an old porty use for prespray)

it needs AT LEAST 4 oz per gallon...10 gallon tank 40 oz....

AND

if you scrub it should eat it like butter

Chinese place done every 2 mths....now down to 30 oz per 10 gallon tank....

2010-11-17230102.jpg

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill

i have a few nasty greasy wing joints i clean..i use restoration degreaser from cobb.
the stuff it crazy awesome!!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

meAt said:
cleaned twice with a porty, you were the third cleaning and open for two weeks :shock: ??

wonder what the porty dude used for soap??

donno how many square ft you cleaned in 5 hours , but efficient "team" work is critical to make any money on low profit margin jobs typical with restaurant work.

The way you set up the job (how tables/chairs are moved and replaced ) is where the lion's share of time is lost or gained

work area "sections" two at a time.
example; move things over in one area to clear a section for cleaning , clean that section while the wingman clears another area section and pre-sprays.
when done cleaning the cleared area you started, move to the other cleared and pre-sprayed area .

While you;re cleaning that area section , the wingman replaces and blocks/tabs tables in their correct position on the cleaned area section.
The tables that are left to be moved to clear the area , get turned over and stacked on the blocked/tabbed tables .
Now it's pre-sprayed and ready for you when you're done

wingman moves, blocks/tabs , clears and pre-sprays the next area section

Things can be modified to suit the layout of the joint .
But the idea is to choreograph the job to keep the wand moving

It can be the difference of taking 4 hours to clean 2000sf or getting it done in 2 to 2.5 hours

BTW, if booth tables aren't connected to wall, turn 'em over and set on the booth seat rather than pulling them out (which only adds more clutter to work areas)

..L.T.A.

You just were schooled using the "Meatology method".....Meats been around a few years....cleaned a few nasties.!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

I don't know about all that work, but I'm getting hungry for a big plate of Almond Chicken and Moo Shu Shrimp.

Mike Draper

I rarely use the 360i on commercial. However, when it comes to the carpet squares, the RV360i is awesome.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners

Well I believe my advise is quite correct. The re-soiling rate is due to a walk off from the back of the house (kitchen area) by none other then the staff. I've advised two national fortune 500 food chains on just this subject matter. They are not candidates for carpet because they won't change they hard surface cleaning procedures. Their carpet is simple a large walk off mat and not enhancing anything.

Name
Lee Stockwell

Scott why not go the other way with your thinking?

We clean tile in the lobbies and kitchens of several restaurants to alleviate just such tracking issues.

For example:a high-traffic Wendy's get carpets cleaned every two weeks and the tile monthly.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

The beauty of it is, once you've got it clean, all you need to do is maintain it.
Bonus if you can get the tile cleaning too! You can use the same prespray.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

Ron is completely correct.. The first few times will be a bear, then it will be easy as pie.

Your like the work better than sex............... haha.. maybe not lol

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

Call DEE DEE at magic wand and have her send you some free samples. or pm me your info and ill have her send u some

Jeremy N

Supportive Member

Thanks for all the good words, dudes.

I ordered some Grease Eraser today. I plan to stick with the account mostly for a learning experience. I'd like to see if I can make money at accounts like this and if it is worth it for my current business model.

I'd love to get some of the samples from magic wand.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey

You should get grease eater instead.. just call and she will send u some free samples. Grease eraser is ok but outdated technology.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

cobbs....and just make sure you mix it right....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

joeynbgky said:
You should get grease eater instead.. just call and she will send u some free samples. Grease eraser is ok but outdated technology.

That sound like something a chemical salesman told you. If they can't beat it, they bash it in an ignorant manner. Jeremy, just use the Grease Eraser full strength as per the directions, and have a trigger sprayer mixed up with double strength GE for the very greasy areas. Chemeisters also makes a tile cleaning powdered prespray with powdered peroxide (Floor Meister) that cleans as well as the Magic Wand's Oxyblaster at a more competitive price.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member

Art Kelley said:
joeynbgky said:

That sound like something a chemical salesman told you. If they can't beat it, they bash it in an ignorant manner. Jeremy, just use the Grease Eraser full strength as per the directions, and have a trigger sprayer mixed up with double strength GE for the very greasy areas. Chemeisters also makes a tile cleaning powdered prespray with powdered peroxide (Floor Meister) that cleans as well as the Magic Wand's Oxyblaster at a more competitive price.

That's good to know. I am looking for a good tile chem to put on the van.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners

Lee, Wendy's and a few other chains are an exception to my advise. Yes, here in Cali they too have carpet and are open to being cleaned by contractors. There are an exception. I would like nothing better to expand on what I was getting at but a few non disclosure agreements keep me from beating my chest. If you're cashing a few ck's cleaning for Wendy's or any other food chain then I encourage you to do so. There is a small % of chains that have the contractual freedom to maintain there facilities. I'm closing one particular chapter in my cleaning career with food service, I hope I didn't confuse anyone in my thread. If you can make a dollar with a food chain please, by all means, get it while you can I wish you all success.

Name
Lee Stockwell

We clean Applebees, Quincys, Ryans, Sirloin Stockade, Golden Corral, Pizza Hut, Mr Gattis, Culvers, Backyard Burgers, Wendys, Shoneys, and lots of locals.

They are happy, we are happy. Yes the economy has made it difficult but the sky isn't falling.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member

I am going back for round 2 armed Grease Eraser and an electric sprayer that was given to me. The HF is just annoying to me. I hate having to turn up and down me heat just so my HF doesn't choke up.

Any idea if I can rob this sprayers parts to make into a Pepsi sprayer?

http://www.vacuumcleaners.net/vacuum_cl ... _1142.html

Name
Nate W.

Jeremy N said:
I am going back for round 2 armed Grease Eraser and an electric sprayer that was given to me. The HF is just annoying to me. I hate having to turn up and down me heat just so my HF doesn't choke up.

Any idea if I can rob this sprayers parts to make into a Pepsi sprayer?

http://www.vacuumcleaners.net/vacuum_cl ... _1142.html

I highly doubt it. You're better off making it a rechargeable sprayer. !gotcha! Like uncle meAt (Larry C.) got.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member

Nate The Great said:
Jeremy N":1ubnhidk]I am going back for round 2 armed Grease Eraser and an electric sprayer that was given to me. The HF is just annoying to me. I hate having to turn up and down me heat just so my HF doesn't choke up. Any idea if I can rob this sprayers parts to make into a Pepsi sprayer? [url="http://www.vacuumcleaners.net/vacuum_cleaners/products/sprayer_hf_115v_electric_1142.html said:
http://www.vacuumcleaners.net/vacuum_cl ... _1142.html[/url]

I highly doubt it. You're better off making it a rechargeable sprayer. !gotcha! Like uncle meAt (Larry C.) got.[/quote:1ubnhidk]

Wouldn't that be a rechargeable sprayer? The one I have a battery rechargeable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom