Super Sticky, Nasty, Disgusting Golden Corral Job With Pics

bigchuckie

Re: Super Sticky, Nasty, Disgusting Golden Corral Job With P

Jeremy N said:
First, let me say, I don't do much carpet cleaning. We do mostly WD. We decided to give this Golden Corral a shot because the guy was desperate. This place opened up on the 11th of this month. It had been cleaned twice with a guy with a porty. The guy was desperate...very desperate.

I am amazed at how much work it took to clean this place. About half way through I started wondering how guy can stay up into the morning for what seemed like pennies. I must really suck at carpet cleaning...it took me and my wife almost 5 hours to get the stupid thing clean. If it got that nasty in 2 weeks I am wondering how I will be able to do this place every two weeks and make money.

We pre-vacuumed, hit it with Powermax, scrubbed with a shampoo brush and a 175. Hit it with Powermax again and then started sucking. We had to bring the 175 back a few times to cut through grease. Am I just slow or something?

One thing I noticed - we tried a red pad on the 175 just to see what it would do and the results were nothing compared to the brush. I always wondered how a pad could help scrub carpet. The brush did so much more to cut the grease out.

I will try to post pics from my iPhone in a sec.
Would a walk off mat from the kitchen to the dining area help? I noticed on of the pictures did not have one

Name
Nate W.

Jeremy N said:
Nate The Great":331unnm7][quote="Jeremy N":331unnm7]I am going back for round 2 armed Grease Eraser and an electric sprayer that was given to me. The HF is just annoying to me. I hate having to turn up and down me heat just so my HF doesn't choke up. Any idea if I can rob this sprayers parts to make into a Pepsi sprayer? [url="http://www.vacuumcleaners.net/vacuum_cleaners/products/sprayer_hf_115v_electric_1142.html said:
http://www.vacuumcleaners.net/vacuum_cl ... _1142.html[/url]

I highly doubt it. You're better off making it a rechargeable sprayer. !gotcha! Like uncle meAt (Larry C.) got.[/quote:331unnm7]

Wouldn't that be a rechargeable sprayer? The one I have a battery rechargeable.[/quote:331unnm7]

When you said you have a electric sprayer that was given to you, I thought you meant it was a corded sprayer, not cordless. I'd rather have a cordless sprayer then a pepsi type sprayer. A couple of people had the pepsi type sprayers blow on them. Where the hose connected to the tank, it blew and sprayed chems all over inside the house.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member

Wouldn't that be a rechargeable sprayer? The one I have a battery rechargeable.[/quote]

When you said you have a electric sprayer that was given to you, I thought you meant it was a corded sprayer, not cordless. I'd rather have a cordless sprayer then a pepsi type sprayer. A couple of people had the pepsi type sprayers blow on them. Where the hose connected to the tank, it blew and sprayed chems all over inside the house.[/quote]

Ah, I see. I have a battery operated sprayer. I thought I could use the sprayer part to convert the Pepsi keg.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

say it with me...

portable.....

sure its a little bulky...but if your doing commercial do you really give a piss???

take it out...50' spray hose, park it in one area and away you go....10-15 gallons, if empty un hook go fill up while your help is cleaning still...

about THEE most easy thing ever

Name
Nate W.

floorguy said:
say it with me...

portable.....

sure its a little bulky...but if your doing commercial do you really give a piss???

take it out...50' spray hose, park it in one area and away you go....10-15 gallons, if empty un hook go fill up while your help is cleaning still...

Seems like a on-demand pump is mandatory for a old porty sprayer...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Nate The Great said:
floorguy said:
say it with me...

portable.....

yeah the shur flo or flojet 100 psi works wonders......

Name
Nate W.

floorguy said:
Nate The Great said:
floorguy said:
say it with me...

portable.....

yeah the shur flo or flojet 100 psi works wonders......

Mytee would call it a Big Boss sprayer... I'd call it the Big Kahuna! :lol:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

i call it....recycling...lol

its the 1st porty my dad bought some......20 yrs ago...old aqua fresh...on its 3rd pump.....i stripped everything else out....pump only...

Name
Nate W.

floorguy said:
i call it....recycling...lol

its the 1st porty my dad bought some......20 yrs ago...old aqua fresh...on its 3rd pump.....i stripped everything else out....pump only...

I don't have any jobs big enough to use a old porty... thathurts

Jeremy N

Supportive Member

There is no way I am buying a big arse porty to lug around to prespray.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Jeremy N said:
There is no way I am buying a big arse porty to lug around to prespray.
lol....i was just saying if you had one, or see a cheapy one around...hell all you are using is the pump.....how long that 3 or 5 gallon one work for ya???

how tired is your arm from carrying it??

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

for large jobs that is a good idea as long as the porty manuevers easily.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member

If I get more serious about this stuff I might use a porty if I run across one.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker

I know one thing we dont bother moving or flipping tables. Just move all the chairs out and leave the tables right where they are, just tip them up and the other person -my wife- wands underneath, drop it down -done.

We tried moving and or flipping tables. I did it that way once. What a huge waste of time and effort. Maybe im missing something but i dont get it.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret

sam miller said:
I agree with Lee every week $400.00 thats a good acct. ,and You'll get the time down where it gets easier if not You could walk away or sub it out.
Id like to know where you guys live, but a restaurant in my area would never come close to paying 400 a week. As a matter of fact around here restaurants are some of the lowest paying jobs, even lower than rentals per square foot. I quit chasing restaurants , it just seems like the hours put on your tm aint worth what a resty is willing to pay

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom