supermedia!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I've been with Verizon aka supermedia for along time have a full page ad and a lot of internet ads on supermedia , I spend about $590.00 a month, I got my website away from them and was looking to stay in the book only for about half $300.00 a month, it doesnt pull like it used to.

The guy today tells my I've gotten 650 clicks to my site from supermedia and 360. clicks to call.

I get a lot off the internet Yelp, google. I don't believe I'm getting that much pull from supermedia. People always say the internet or yelp, never superpages.

http://www.superpages.com/yellowpages/C-Carpet Cleaners/S-CA/T-Lancaster/

on mobile device and tablets they show up on searches on the 2nd page!

I cutting them completely I'm wondering if my website will lose any ranking for making this decision????

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=carpet+cleaning+palmdale+ca&start=10

2ND PAGE in palmdale and lancaster Ca my 2 biggest areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I cutting them completely I'm wondering if my website will lose any ranking for making this decision????

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...le+ca&start=10

Doubtful, your on the second page.

2ND PAGE in palmdale and lancaster Ca my 2 biggest areas.

I'd focus more on my/your local listing(google) page https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=carpet+cleaning+palmdale+ca

Do whatever you have to to get in the first seven. Lots of tricks you can try, before and afters, get reviews(10 is great!) etc.

Try moving your location indicator(whatever it's called) more to the center of town. All sorts of stuff you can try.

Your website is nice, just need to get in that top seven!

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Actually my website is #1 in lancaster on maps and also yelp on both lancaster, palmdale

Thats why I see redundancy in having superpages especially ranked so low.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: jcooper

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
You only lose Google Places rankings I've noticed for cutting out social/directory type sites. Your on the first page, 2nd listing as a link, not as a "Google Place" so you won't lose ranking because of cutting out supermedia. You or your SEO person must be doing something else right though, blog/article posts through out the internet or other links on high Google PR sites. Do you do the SEO yourself? Cause damn that's a nice place to be on Google. We are 3rd on Google Places under the "carpet cleaning city,state" listing. It drives over 75% of our traffic, social media drives the rest almost. Yet, for our link listing on google searches we are on page 8.

Cooper is right on focusing on the Google + page. For "Carpet Cleaning Palmdale" with out the ca you are on the second page of Google Search Results. I've noticed higher traffic from the keyword "Carpet Cleaning Las Vegas" than "Carpet Cleaning Las Vegas NV." Google + has helped us place in the top 5 "Google Places" under all keywords, carpet - upholstery - rug cleaning in our area. Basically post pictures/posts at least once a day. Getting reviews, etc.

Any social media will actually help boost your Google Places. Because we list our address on our Facebook, Google Places recognizes it more and I think pulls from there. Since we use the heck out of facebook the page likes/shares help increase our visibility.

Google PageRank for
sammillerscarpetcare.net: 3/10

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
When YP was king it was easy, pay them for the biggest ad you could afford. The game did not change for 1 year.
Now it seems to change daily.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom