Supporting manufacturers that participate on threads

Bob Foster

A manufacturer that has the intestinal fortitude to willingly come to us with products that are early in their product development cycle because they value our input has my respect and gratitude. Its about the equivalent of having a root canal without local anesthesia; highly painful yet very beneficial. Those manufacturers that don't participate on the boards are doing a disservice to themselves and us.

In spite of a few people that should have been told to F off for being childishly unreasonable, supplier and manufacturer interaction with end users issues are one of the most valuable things on these boards. That is, next to the latest drama and bitch fight.

If you want to be critical of some of the manufacturers that deserve it look at the arrogant insecure company product managers, service managers, sales managers and CEOs who deliberately avoid the bulletin boards, particularly Mikey's Board. Look around at some of the most major manufacturers in the business and see if you can find even one of their corporate people (not their distributors) that posts on the boards. Many of them are expressly prohibited to participate by the highest management in their companies. Now that's chickenshit and their loss. The forward companies in this business have chosen to do the exact opposite in spite of it being an unpleasant and frustrating experience at times in what initially appear to be no-win and unreasonable exchanges with people.

And to be clear this business does not revolve around bulletin boards. And for those that think that manufacturers have survived quite will without them so far, you might want to look around and see who's not manufacturing any more or who's brands are losing market share. I'm not saying their lack of customer interaction on boards is the reason but its interesting that there appears to be a correlation.

I'm more than willing to accept a product flaw from a manufacturer that shows sincerity in improving the product and admit their mistakes. I don't really have any use for a manufacturer who wont interact with their end user with honest open discussion on the boards. However in all fairness, the first place to resolve an issue is with the company that you bought the item or service from and not the president of the manufacturing company by calling him names. Sometimes you have to take an issue public and that's OK too.

Often the discussion on the boards is very stacked against manufacturers but its their loss in not making the effort to overcome this. This can be accomplished by demonstrating their honesty and sincerity to the people who should be the most important people to them, the guys using the products and services.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Wow- where did that come from Bob?

I would imagine that most don't come because they don't see the time worthy of the effort of having 30-40 people (very active users) bitch at them for things on a public forum, which I personally see as classless.

I believe the ones that do come here are doing so because they like the banter, comraderie etc., and not necc for marketing purposes. The ones that don't may or may not have policies about it, but I know there are posters from every manufacturer I can think of.

I most like about this place is that it is a board of cleaners for cleaners to talk and trash each other a bit and would rather see less, not more participation from vendors that isn't specifially what you said, looking for feedback vs touting themselves all the time.

John Olsen is a great example of someone who I think brings a lot to the board without tooting his horn all the time and Jim Pemberton is in a class all by himself in this manner.

Ken

Bob Foster

It pisses me off to see certain individuals who go to a lot of effort to help us being treated in a manner I personally feel is undeserved in balance for their reputation and demonstrated commitment to us as a whole. That is where this came from.

I agree with a lot of what you said Ken. The people you mentioned earned our respect through their actions and thoughtfulness and they really don't need to be here. At the same time they might also think that it's been very beneficial to their business to be here.

I know for a fact some manufactures are expressly prohibited from participating on the boards and that's a shame.

Like I clearly stated in my post above, the boards are not the be all end all but I wouldn't underestimate the ideas and allegiances built towards their brands by their participation on the boards.

But this place is about the fun as much or more than the stuff. Maybe look back a thread or two and see all the good stuff YOU provided everyone and that was appreciated. You were an example of a good attitude. You could just as well said none of your bee's wax when it came to discussing what many would think are competitively sensitive aspects of your company.

So I guess the question might remain is how do you get a bunch of suppliers who's shit is wound too tight to get down and play in the dirt in our biker bar?

Bob Foster

30 or 40 yahoos babbling and HUNDREDS lurking weekly BTW.

Top50.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
Often the discussion on the boards is very stacked against manufacturers

and also the opposite effect is seen when/if a manufacture can attain "good ole boy" board status here.

it's not by "design" either.(for the "most" part anyway)
It's human nature to "like to like" the products/services from the people we like in general and/or have good biz relations with.

if some of the products, chems and services that get highly touted here were from someone you have NO relationship with, they'd be treated with the same candid (and often cutting) scrutiny like the beating Ed V or Nick regularly gets/got

we're more wiling to "overlook" the glaring faults of our friends and likable folks compared to non friends/associates

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
For sure Larry and Bob those numbers are right I am sure but if are anything like me they probably don't look at 90-95% of the stuff, only what tweaks their interest

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Bob, you may well be correct but I don't believe that anyone can know anything for a fact about any other person and certainly not a business. There could be lots of reasons why someone or some businesses people may not post (again I don't know of any that don't) but if they don't or are not allowed maybe a useful thing to do would be to ask them privately why and maybe learn from it rather than assume it is for negative reasons. Maybe even invite them personally as you did me for the hotseat a few years ago.

This can be a dirty playground, like any playground but I enjoy it for the most part. The people here seem to be real and have passion and while none of us will ever agree all the time for the most part people here seem honorable.

Ken

Bob Foster

That's a great idea Ken. It could be a soft way of introducing them to the Fight Club.

fcs.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Recently i was talking to the owner of the largest CC company in the Detroit area......
and i asked him why no interaction on the various internet sites.....
he kinna made a face of disdain and gave me a look of utter comtemp.......
perhaps owners of large companys don't WANT their employees socializing with other workers in the same field....

jus saying....

F

FB7777

Foster, I hope I'm wrong , but it sounds like you're heading in the direction of Mikeys sphincter again

big deal if manufacturers come here and get their feeling hurt or if others don't see a financial advantage to spending 3 hours a day here like yourself

IMO there are some good guys here and some small time dropship garage supply houses here

Mikeysboard for me has ALWAYS been about the experienced cleaners and managers NOT the guys selling stuff

I'll take 1 Ken SNow and Chavez over 2 dozen Judsons or Olsen's

joe harper

Name
joe harper
pfred said:
Foster, I hope I'm wrong , but it sounds like you're heading in the direction of Mikeys sphincter again

big deal if manufacturers come here and get their feeling hurt or if others don't see a financial advantage to spending 3 hours a day here like yourself

IMO there are some good guys here and some small time dropship garage supply houses here

Mikeysboard for me has ALWAYS been about the experienced cleaners and managers NOT the guys selling stuff

HEEyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!......"ChoPPed lIvEr"....HERE.. thathurts

F

FB7777

absolutely you as well Harp

MeAt, Mikey, xtreme1, even Foster and a dozen or so more

sorry bro, you know how it is... once you name names there's always some faggot that gets his vag all hurt :twisted:

Bob Foster

Nope Fred, Mike's ass is just fine without my nose up it. In difference to some others I don't watch TV much and I often have the board running in the background on one of my monitors and I am usually working on the other. Currently I'm enrolled in two continuing education programs one of which is in this industry. But I do spend a lot of time here because I enjoy it.

My thread was started because I felt the need to say something. Others have every right have their own opinion about this but I believe this board and Mike Fest wouldn't have gone as far as it has without good suppliers and manufacturers feeling welcome here. And don't get me wrong some times they need a kick in the ass too.

To varying degrees some people and company owners both big and small do take some of these comments personally. I don't give a rats ass if they make products for us in their living rooms or have plants all over the world. They each bring something worthwhile here.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
pfred said:

sorry bro, you know how it is... once you name names there's always some faggot that gets his vag all hurt :twisted:

I have a very LARGE "V"..... :oops:

image0182.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HARPER said:
pfred said:

I have a very LARGE "V"..... :oops:

image0182.jpg

AND it's upside down........
!gotcha!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
R LeRoy Parker said:
[quote="Ken Snow":2kcius47]Lol- Perfect description Bob.

Ahh the name's LeRoy..however
you may call me Butch......... :lol:[/quote:2kcius47]

Just bit of trivia "Butch" is a realitive of mine and you don't look like anyone in my family tree :p :mrgreen:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: Supporting manufacturers that participate on threads

R LeRoy Parker said:
Recently i was talking to the owner of the largest CC company in the Detroit area......
perhaps owners of large companys don't WANT their employees socializing with other workers in the same field....

jus saying....

We have emailed but not talked recently Bob, so you may have been talking the owner of a company in Detroit area but definitely not the largest :-)

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
hi Ken, R LeRoy Parker is Bob Vawter not Richard Chavez but with the way they're changing names on a daily basis it's heard to know who's who :lol:

lance

I am going to buy a Lint Hog from John B. because he spent so much money Harris in court. And I like Lisa so I will buy a glide for my Ti from her.....I mean her company.....I mean the company that she works for.

I know it's not much, but a little from a lot of people will add up.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Ken Snow said:
[quote="R LeRoy Parker":i7ok6ei0]Recently i was talking to the owner of the largest CC company in the Detroit area......

jus saying....

We have emailed but not talked recently Bob, so you may have been talking the owner of a company in Detroit area but definitely not the largest :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/quote:i7ok6ei0]

bahahahahahahha

i was thinking just that when i read his post... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Speaking of manufacturers what happened to the greenguy green gurl that started out coming on here threatening to kick everyone's asses and then trying to sell their crap?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Larry B said:
Speaking of manufacturers what happened to the greenguy green gurl that started out coming on here threatening to kick everyone's asses and then trying to sell their crap?
What the heck were they selling? Amway or Marykay?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell

Ken Snow said:
[quote="Larry B":1ce2x5cq]Speaking of manufacturers what happened to the greenguy green gurl that started out coming on here threatening to kick everyone's asses and then trying to sell their crap?
What the heck were they selling? Amway or Marykay?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/quote:1ce2x5cq]

I think it was some green EnCap crap or something "green" that was going to change the world.. lmao

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Ross Buettner said:
Yeah, she seemed to be an attention.......you know what I mean.

She's been busy ya know. :roll:

Maybe she just didnt get the attention she wanted from her old man :)

village_people_1.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
pfred said:
Foster, big deal if manufacturers come here and get their feeling hurt or if others don't see a financial advantage to spending 3 hours a day here like yourself

I mostly agree with Fred, off course after cleaning his post a little. (No need to send any money for that hard, hard work Fred :p )

Yes, some suppliers and manufacturers get extra points (some the opposite) due to the way they handle complaints and or resolve issues. Some are class acts and some are not.
Personally, I will only do business with the class acts.

However, by far the most important is the invaluable info, help and opinions we share and get from experienced cleaners (not limited to old timers only.)
The people that through many posts we've learned to respect and appreciate.

These people are by far Mikey's Board most valuable asset.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom