Tablets.......

Becker

Name
Becker
I have an Ipod, works awesome for the QB , with app limitations, processing CC payments, and a few other on site uses.

Was able to play with a Dell Latitude win pro a bit the last couple of days, and also the win pro surface.

I see one of these in my future, or a convertible touch screen laptop.

A tablet with win pro will allow you a full install of QB or other programs.

Last edited:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'm all eyes and ears as I want to downsize from laptop to i Pad with Quicken.

Problem is, your technology is always two years ahead of us.

Another problem is that I don't like the Apple system, so what comes out in that other form, (Clone/Tablet/whatever it's called), then at least I hope I'll have a little idea of what I'm talking about when that time comes.

Carry on..... please.

:very_drunk:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I just bought my wife the iPad mini. She love it and I can't touch it with programs I want to see. Oh well have to get my own.
I am happy with my air mac for now anyway.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
We have the iPad2, 3, mini and the mini is my favorite, easier to hold and type with. Just wish it had the retina display like my the 3.
we are going to buy another mini for the truck, it will be the GPS, Credit card processing, invoicing, marketing tool to show potential comm. clients before and afters etc.

Tried a bunch of win8 tablets, and it was the most frustrating experience I've ever had.

Becker

Name
Becker
Keep in mind. I'm talking tablets using windows 8 pro. Most tablets are apps only. I think they call or windows 8 rt.
I'd not buy a tablet running windows rt.
but a tablet running pro so software can be installed and used big difference.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I was referring to win8 in general, I've used tablets/PCs running several versions and absolutley hate it, and its fisher-price interface.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I don't think any of the phone carriers have a LTE win8 yet either. If tour going to process cc on it I would wait for one to come out first.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
gotta ipad 3 with a zagg keyboard case its like a mini laptop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Becker

Name
Becker
Do any of you run a printer in your rigs?

Something I'm looking at now. But instantly emailing the invoice or receipt along with a cc receipt of that is how they payed from their kitchen table works perfectly fine so far.

I tether my iPad or computer for intronet. If I used something other than my iPad then for cc processing I'd just use my iPhone. Or see if they have a swiper for a computer for qb.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Fujitsu convertible Tablet PC's are all i'll ever buy. they've got the pen enabled Tablet PC mastered, after 20 years of building them. the best pen accuracy i've found in my limited experience (the only other TPC manufacturer i've tried was an HP --- terrible.)

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Do any of you run a printer in your rigs?

I've been running a laptop (Toshiba at present) with a Canon iP100 portable printer for a few years now.

On my 2nd laptop & printer.

Also have a separate eftpos machine for credit card transactions.

It's all worked well, albeit a bit bulky now, and looking to downsize ( & down weight):biggrin:

:very_drunk:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My wife has an iPad 2 and I just got the mini for myself for Christmas ;). They work great with Service Monster mobile. I tether mine to my iPhone when im out in the van. it does seem to lose the connection to my phone if im not on it for longer than a few minutes. Customers seem to think its pretty slick, especially when i combine it with Square payment system. I'm finally about to get quickbooks pro. I have been kickin' it old school for too long and it's stressing me out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You might find it a lot less expensive to skip the cellular pad and just use your phone as a hotspot. Looking forward to convertables coming down in price as more clones appear. I-pad is too expensive, limited and fragile for everyday use with techs.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
If price is a big factor, use your phone as a hotspot and get the galaxy Nexus 7 direct from Google for 199. If you want the best tablet(IMO), get iPad mini for 329 and tether that to your phone. Either one would benefit from an Otterbox Defender to protect it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom