Take the load off your shoulders

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Time and time again, I hear cleaners state on the various boards, "I have this problem; or that problem".

Whenever I have an opportunity, I keep telling them that when something goes wrong and it can be solved or corrected, why would you say its a problem? It only becomes a problem when and if it can not be corrected or solved. Then, that's a real problem!

The reason I bring this topic to the surface is that as human beings, business owners, and operators, we have enough tension and worries in our lives and therefore, why compound it unnecessarily? There isn't anyone in the World who wakes up in the mornings and doesn't confront situations and/or hurdles that require their attention period.

So, next time something goes wrong and requires your attention, don't view it as a "problem", rather a situation that can (most likely) be solved.

Just a short reminder.

best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
So, next time something goes wrong and requires your attention, don't view it as a "problem", rather a situation that can (most likely) be solved.
Good reminders, Ed. Worry on it's own never fixed anything.

However, to defend this motley crew (can't believe I am doing this) this place is like a pub. What to you do in a pub you frequent often? Well, you vent, you complain, you "exaggerate" (the word "lying" just sounds so ugly) and ever so often you get an idea from one of the regulars to help you solve/avoid a problem.

So IMO, Ed, most of what these folks are calling "problems" is just venting and it is much cheaper than going to a therapist.

Steve

PS I still do what I call "Creative Procrastination". I simply do nothing (maybe the phrase "Engage in Watchful Waiting" sounds better) and many times the problem resolves itself! Even so, Ed, everything you state above is totally true.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
If we are in da pub......

Im at the point where Im ready to climb the bar and suk from the tap!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom