Taking bets on P-Lime Zyme

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Local pal called me and brought over an Indian hand knotted rug. Wool. Thin, like a super heavy blanket. Belonged to his late mother.
His Dad rolled it up and put it in the garage, where cats have been pissing on it for about two years.

I rolled and placed it in two contractor bags, then into a trash can. I also stuffed in that rubber bumpy mat that acts as nonskid. Dumped half a gallon of P-Lime Zyme, filled the bag with enough water to saturate and cover the rug and left out on the driveway until tomorrow when I’ve had my coffee.

Who thinks this will decontaminate that rug?
Who thinks it will bleed and self destruct? And so on.

Name
Steve Lawrence
With that kind of abuse I give it no hope. Option 2. I don't know if it will bleed or self destruct but I will be surprised if odor is gone.

I would have tossed that rubber mat--easy to replace and it was adding to the contamination load.

Last edited:

steve_64

I clean them outside but put them in the basement to dry.

I usually have to do the bad ones twice to get all the odor out.

If this works I may give it a try.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Wand Slinger

Name
Christopher Paulhamus
I think the rubber non skid will begin to disintegrate, rug odor will be eliminated, but the stain from the urine will have altered the color or still be present.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'll say it depends on the severity of contamination and amount of it's dirty bath water it's laying in

Pacman eating enzymes can only eat so much before being overwhelmed and dED
(same oxi , acid or any chem) ...the reaction only lasts so long and "game over" til refresh

giphy.gif

..L.T.A.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Bob. If the rug is delicate and if you have worries about the plyme peroxide damaging the hand knotted rug, I would look into using UTurn by centrumforce. Its made for treating urine on delicate rugs. Mikey turned me onto it and ever since I carry a gallon with me for when I run into delicate urine contaminated textiles. Mixes at 1-oz per gallon and is odorless.

Also, look at it this way. The rug is already damaged. Long term exposure to cat urine with it’s high pH and alkalinity can cause damage. So hell, just nuke it with PLyme. Most likely you’ll be okay.

Last edited:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Bob. If the rug is delicate and if you have worries about the plyme peroxide damaging the hand knotted rug, I would look into using UTurn by centrumforce.
Color bleeding would be the issue when over wetting. Wool, Indian, old...thin... Other issues if not blocked when dried..etc.
I was just giving my guess on what will happen...we don't know until Old Coastie tells us. I hope it is like new and good to go. Finish your coffee already Coastie.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Bob. If the rug is delicate and if you have worries about the plyme peroxide damaging the hand knotted rug, I would look into using UTurn by centrumforce. Its made for treating urine on delicate rugs. Mikey turned me onto it and ever since I carry a gallon with me for when I run into delicate urine contaminated textiles. Mixes at 1-oz per gallon and is odorless.

Also, look at it this way. The rug is already damaged. Long term exposure to cat urine with it’s high pH and alkalinity can cause damage. So hell, just nuke it with PLyme. Most likely you’ll be okay.

I considered U-turn, I like the stuff. Yes we figured it is already toast. He is too cheap to go buy another rubber mat but I get to drink his beer and eat his garden veggies so whatever, hahaha!
It is still simmering out in the container, in the sun. The mother in law did something creative and we are scraping, sandblasting, pressure washing and recoating her with the aid of a Marine battalion.

I need a sort of mini-Zipper for this...
Then out to the dhurrie!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had one on Thursday that irked me. The lady had three dogs and a UV light inspection showed almost total coverage in the kids room. She was complaining about the smell. I told her it would be more cost effective to replace the carpet than to have me flood and helix the entire room. I soaked down the entire room with PLyme and let dwell. I also mixed in a dose of PureForce EOC X2 because of its heavy fragrance. When I was done the lady still complained about the smell in that room. At this point I was starting to fear I was dealing with a mental odor, which is almost impossible to treat.

In an additional effort to make her happy, I mixed up some Raw Urine/deodorizer treatment and a splash of EPA Quaternary Ammonia in my 5 gallon bucket and post applied with my Worx sprayer, then raked it in.

So, on this job I used PLyme, PureForce, Raw, and Quat. I may have also thrown in a kitchen sink.

Sorry, I don’t mean to derail this thread. It just bugs me when people let their carpets be used as a toilet then expect miracles.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Time for a Kenny Loggins quote: "Ya gotta know when to hold 'em, when to fold em, when to walk away, when to run. You don't count your money while you're sittin' at the table, there'll be time for countin' when the dealin's done".

Oh yeah, thanks, Damon. (Kenny Rogers--I really liked "Just Dropped In....") Getting old is quite an adventure! Memory constantly failing. At least I got the Kenny part.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think you should have flushed it first, than soaked it in the Zyme.

A incline drive way, a Prochem Ti wand, a garden hose and water and laststep, pre spray last step and soak sit for 10 minute.

Then take wand out running garden hose in wand and let water flood out the glide.

And squeegee with the wand head flush flush flush.

Then treat with enzymes.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had one on Thursday that irked me. The lady had three dogs and a UV light inspection showed almost total coverage in the kids room. She was complaining about the smell. I told her it would be more cost effective to replace the carpet than to have me flood and helix the entire room. I soaked down the entire room with PLyme and let dwell. I also mixed in a dose of PureForce EOC X2 because of its heavy fragrance. When I was done the lady still complained about the smell in that room. At this point I was starting to fear I was dealing with a mental odor, which is almost impossible to treat.

In an additional effort to make her happy, I mixed up some Raw Urine/deodorizer treatment and a splash of EPA Quaternary Ammonia in my 5 gallon bucket and post applied with my Worx sprayer, then raked it in.

So, on this job I used PLyme, PureForce, Raw, and Quat. I may have also thrown in a kitchen sink.

Sorry, I don’t mean to derail this thread. It just bugs me when people let their carpets be used as a toilet then expect miracles.
Sub floor contamination

Name
Scott Turknett
Careful leaving behind quat.

Reactions: Nomad74

Mikey P

Administrator

I think we found our key note speaker for Phoenix.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Progress: Took it out of the bag and rinsed it until it ran clean. Then I applied 4-1 mixture P-Lime Zyme and brushed it in, timed 30 minutes, flipped it and repeated. Rinsed until it ran clean. Then I put it up on sawhorses, rinsed it top and bottom and applied P-LimeZyme top and bottom with the Worx Sprayer.

The mat I bagged and tossed; screw his cheap ways.
The rug is nearly piss odor free, but rather than use a combination of other products I intend to rinse and apply P-Lime one more time and see how it smells afterwards.

6510942F-BCFD-4057-B51C-9B967E2B7904.jpeg 9976F565-759C-4273-A6FA-DD51DDCAAE2B.jpeg BF893FDB-170E-49A3-BDAA-3495B32CF4C9.jpeg

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
You got lots of rusty equipment in your yard...are you one of them people that place value on rusty stuff and hold on to them for saving out in the open for years?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok. I wanna Play “clean the pissy rug” also. I got a pissy rug in my garage I need to clean. I’m planning on also soaking it with PLyme. I’ll just piggyback on your thread here when i get my garage organized.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom