Taking More Time For Jobs........

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Well, I got complacent with my Genesis utilizing the APO as a "right arm" to my daily cleaning. Well.....the APO system isn't functioning as of last week, mainly cause it keeps eating up impellers. And that is because the prime system, for some reason, has decided not to actuate ever time when the pump turns on. And without a water prime, it will not draw from the waste tank. It's a 10 year old TM, and I guess it's ready to take a break. so......

On ebery job, I have to arrive with an empty tank, pull out an extra 50 foot of 2" hose just for the waste drain, and hope I can find some place on every job to dump ........respectfully. I have to keep going out to the truck every 15 mins or so to check and drain the tank. It's adding 1/2 hour to every job.

I'm going to try a 12 volt impeller pump this weekend to see if it will draw from the tank. I guess a little slowing down is needed now and then.....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Jabsco bilge pump 12 volt..........upper and lower control limit switches...about a $200 job......Johnson limit controls are the best!

after two or three years....yank the rubber impeller out and turn it over

Last edited:

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i think its a macerator you are lookin for yes it is a 12 volt
they have a impeller
also you probley can get a impeller for the one you have if its a jabsco go to a boat store and look
a bilge pump looks a lot different not sure if they have an impeller or not

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Last week, the APO on my Hydramaster 421 stopped working. It is the external one and has been problem free until now. It looks like the wiring has melted. I'll try to figure that out one of these days.

I don't know how I ever worked without an APO. On the bigger jobs, I just clean until my TM shuts down when the tank is full. It has been a problem on a few jobs when I didn't have any place to dump. For the most part, I empty after each job and don't run into any problems.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Last week, the APO on my Hydramaster 421 stopped working. It is the external one and has been problem free until now. It looks like the wiring has melted. I'll try to figure that out one of these days.

I don't know how I ever worked without an APO. On the bigger jobs, I just clean until my TM shuts down when the tank is full. It has been a problem on a few jobs when I didn't have any place to dump. For the most part, I empty after each job and don't run into any problems.

I agree....how did I ever work without an APO? It's just a given, I guess. Makes the day a whole lot easier, without having to stop and dump. I don't like the TM shutting down at full power, so I check and dump every 15-30 minutes or so. I liked the Steamway Powermatic system......when the waste tank was full, it interrupted the pressure pump, and let you know that the tank was full and time to dump.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
i think its a macerator you are lookin for yes it is a 12 volt
they have a impeller
also you probley can get a impeller for the one you have if its a jabsco go to a boat store and look
a bilge pump looks a lot different not sure if they have an impeller or not

I have a 12 volt maceater in the shop. I will try it out this weekend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom