Tampa Bay Pay Per Click

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Lee Stockwell said:
Let me put it this way: I've already made my contribution. Please do your part too.

I would like to thank you for driving my clicks up by 27 just yesterday (obviously stood out over previous days clicks).
I indeed have gone out of my way to help people the best I can on this board. I have answered any and all questions even when they didn't paint me in a positive light. It's one thing to give me grief and talk shit about me - it's entirely another to cost me (and my family) money.
This move was pretty low and way out of line!

Rather than banter back and forth on this - I have decided that the costs just outweighed the benefit.
Best of luck to you all
I can be found in the future posting on ICS
-G

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
gregcole said:
Lee Stockwell said:
Let me put it this way: I've already made my contribution. Please do your part too.

I would like to thank you for driving my clicks up by 27 just yesterday (obviously stood out over previous days clicks).
I indeed have gone out of my way to help people the best I can on this board. I have answered any and all questions even when they didn't paint me in a positive light. It's one thing to give me grief and talk shit about me - it's entirely another to cost me (and my family) money.
This move was pretty low and way out of line!

Rather than banter back and forth on this - I have decided that the costs just outweighed the benefit.
Best of luck to you all
I can be found in the future posting on ICS
-G

Heaven forbid, you guys have chased Greg away..............................................again. :roll:

Apparently he wasn't smart enough to set his pay per click up geographically after all.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Perhaps I show my owner operator bias against a pseudo-cleaning company moving into a market with a deceptive premise and delivery.

The ads would lead a customer to believe this company had a track record in Tampa, it does not. The ad implies the techs used are the best in the industry, they are not.

The ad gives assurances that are empty and deceptive.

Greg Cole is a nice guy. I wouldn't recommend him to clean a friend's carpet. He doesn't clean carpet. In MMM fashion he contracts various individuals to do their best with minimal oversight and resources.

The ad is deceptive, and I was very open about clicking on it to see for myself. If in the course of his effort to perpetuate his deception he incurred unexpected costs, I am sorry for him.

Any chance in hades a Tampa customer will get that "since 1993" empl... er, "technician"?

ICS seems right for you.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Lee Stockwell said:
Perhaps I show my owner operator bias against a pseudo-cleaning company moving into a market with a deceptive premise and delivery.

The ads would lead a customer to believe this company had a track record in Tampa, it does not. The ad implies the techs used are the best in the industry, they are not.

The ad gives assurances that are empty and deceptive.

Greg Cole is a nice guy. I wouldn't recommend him to clean a friend's carpet. He doesn't clean carpet. In MMM fashion he contracts various individuals to do their best with minimal oversight and resources.

The ad is deceptive, and I was very open about clicking on it to see for myself. If in the course of his effort to perpetuate his deception he incurred unexpected costs, I am sorry for him.

Any chance in hades a Tampa customer will get that "since 1993" empl... er, "technician"?

ICS seems right for you.

Naw - Like most of us, you don't like pond scum.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Apology

I sent Greg an apology for any financial harm from my click on his google ad. I clicked on several of his competitors as well, so a good day for my friends at Google.

I hope this will serve as a reminder that if any of us brags of our predatory skills in taking over a market, the little guy can punch back in unexpected ways.

I wish he wouldn't speak so badly of the existing cleaners in the Tampa market, many of them hard working family businesses. He should make allies of many of them.

Thanks,
Lee

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
What Greg is doing is just further diminishing the whole industry. A clever marketer, he has found a new furtile market to exploit, full of old gomers and other unsophisticated clients. With a massive ad campaign he has been able grab a substantial amount of business to send his brand new (to him) subs to go out and do.
This morning I was talking to a friend of mine who recently moved to Florida. A 35 year veteran who just sold his business up here, he has just started working as a sub for a bait and switch company. They advertise 5 rooms for $39 and they end up with $3-500 after all the add-ons. My buddy said some people get mad and ask them to leave, but surprisingly most people go for it. He says he feels bad taking advantage of them, but he is being paid 32%. His boss told him he can't use his truck mount. Everything is done with portables. And they aren't allowed to spend much time on a job. These assholes are all over the country stinking up the business.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Re: Apology

Lee Stockwell said:
I sent Greg an apology for any financial harm from my click on his google ad. I clicked on several of his competitors as well, so a good day for my friends at Google.

I hope this will serve as a reminder that if any of us brags of our predatory skills in taking over a market, the little guy can punch back in unexpected ways.

I wish he wouldn't speak so badly of the existing cleaners in the Tampa market, many of them hard working family businesses. He should make allies of many of them.

Thanks,
Lee
I clicked on Mikey's board out of habit and couldn't let his response go without a response:

ROFL- an apology for your click but not for organzing a bunch of people to click on my site. A back handed apology if I ever heard one. Attempt to defend your behavior, posture, and try to defend your chick shit behavior. BUT be honest about it!- YOU INTENTIONALLY ATTEMPTED TO DO FINANCIAL HARM TO ME AND MY COMPANY WITH THAT POST! Don't be a wuss- tell the truth! Don't side step it! Admit it! You didn't apologize for it - so obviously you are proud of it!

Either way - it doesn't matter - clearly my success threatens you. It's ok. I am used to it. I was asked to answer questions by Mikey. He asked why I was bidding so much - I answered - and you attacked me financially! Well played Jackass. I wonder how anyone else here would feel if you decided you didn't like what they posted and decided to cost them Hundreds of dollars! Obviously the people that are rallying to support you think it is ok.
Best of luck -

Mikey P

Administrator
good lord Greg, do you make it a habit of over reacting to everything in life?

You should be mad at me for bring up the subject of your PPC.

So 30 guys went and looked at your link.

You're damn lucky 300 didn't go wild.

I have to ask, you're so proud of creating jobs for your chimps, what about all the "jobs' your taking from broke dicks in Tampa?

Are they suppose to give up and come slave for you?

ooh, there is that word again :shock:

Burtz

so what if some one whats to look at a web site

whats the big deal?

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Greg is confusing-he gives some good insight on here, seems pretty nice

but you look at his business practices and its obviously bait and switch, deceptive etc.

exploiting foolish people, pushing out legit businesses

im sure all the slave owners years ago thought they were good guys too just "feeding my family"

Harpers right -greed

morally challenged I think hes too far gone, he honestly thinks hes a good guy, doesnt matter what you tell him

The Preacher

and my pal Steve T is pimpin' this guy like he's a seasoned biz others could learn from. If Steve continues to drool over this guy i'm gonna turn in my SFS patch and suggest others not attend their seminar!!!

Jeff Bishop should have Mike Brumett following Gregs subs around documenting his practices and interviewing the "clients" who are still waiting for their carpets to dry and trying to figger out how to pay the electric bill since the $49 cleaning ended up $300!!!!!!!!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Greg's charisma may have expired recently.

NO Greg I'm NOT threatened by your "success". If you continue to make decisions like you have recently any predictions of success are perhaps premature.

Thanks,
Lee

ps. The profanity and name-calling reveals the real man.

Ryan

Lee Stockwell said:
ps. The profanity and name-calling reveals the real man.

Leading people people to damage someone else's business (even after I pointed out it was wrong) shows a lot more about your character then a little name calling shows about Gregs.

Your should feel lucky you did that to Greg and not me. I would have retaliated with more then words.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ryan:
If I may quote a great American currently riding his high horse:

"This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we're giving
Use them and let's start trying
To make it a place worth living in"

People thought that that was exactly what your credo suggested.
And when people meet as high riding charismatic cowboy as yourself, they will follow.
They were giving the hands and them fingers were clicking.

Ryan

kolfer1 said:
Ryan:
If I may quote a great American currently riding his high horse:

"This is the world we live in
And these are the hands we're giving
Use them and let's start trying
To make it a place worth living in"

People thought that that was exactly what your credo suggested.
And when people meet as high riding charismatic cowboy as yourself, they will follow.
They were giving the hands and them fingers were clicking.

So you thought what Stockwell did was ok? I'm not riding a high horse I'm calling a spade a spade. If anything my attitude right now fits my signature. That signature is talking about making a better society to live in. Not calling out people like Stockwell doesn't help society. Neither does not calling out Greg's business practices.

If you think me judging Stockwell for what he did was wrong, then why are you doing the same to me? Kinda makes your post a logical fallacy my friend. (btw its perfectly ok to judge. Keeps society in check.)

Ofer; Do you think its ok to cost someone $290 in ads just because you don't agree with their business practices?

This herd mentality on here is pissing me off. I can't believe 27 of you fookers took Lee's unethical suggestion.

P.S. I don't agree with Gregs business practices either. I just understand business ethics more then the rest of you guys. The fact that Stockwell apologized shows he knew it was wrong.

I'm really trying to cool off here, but every time I log back on there is more bs on this thread

Mikey P

Administrator
Ryan, dude...

If you and Stockwell were not fighting for the same market share would you feel this strongly about such a stupid issue?

Lee and I clicked Greg's PPC one time each.

BFD

Ryan

Mikey P said:
Ryan, dude...

If you and Stockwell were not fighting for the same market share would you feel this strongly about such a stupid issue?

We're like 300 miles apart. I'm confused here. Oh and I don't think business ethic's are a stupid issue, but that's just me.

The guy I am fighting very hard for market share is Matt Middleton. Great guy, I really couldn't say enough good about the man.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Henderson and Owensboro monthly, as well as Marion IL.

Look for the green trucks...

:-)Lee

ps. I really don't consider anyone to be a threat, except my own inertia at times. We have plenty of work.

Ryan

Lee I live in Arkansas. lol I think you have me confused with someone else. I have bought chemicals at Bridgepoint of Louisville before while passing through. Maybe that's it?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Ryan, I get what you're saying and agree to an extent but there are a couple of issues you need to take into consideration.

First and foremost, as someone who runs ppc ads on occasion myself believe me when I say you run with the full knowledge and EXPECTATION that competitors and other carpet cleaners are going to click on them, it's simply a cost of doing business. Some for the purpose of hurting you and some simply for curiosity. You simply have to hope that google does a good job of preventing people from clicking them over and over.

Secondly what I said about them being regional is true. When I run my google ppc ads they are not seen in areas outside of a 50 mile radius of my home. It would be silly for a local carpet cleaner in Florida to have ppc ads showing up in Cali.

Despite Greg trying to play the part of naive, scorned woman believe me he's not. He knows both of the above facts full good and well.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Sorry Ryan, thought you were in Evansville IN. just across the Ohio river from KY. Are there two Rhino companies? I met the guy there at Mikeyfest, seemed level-headed, thus I was surprised he went ballistic over my googletagging Cole.

Ryan

I'm not going ballistic I just don't think its right. And it just really surprised me you of all people where leading it, oh well.

Yeah I think there are like 5 or 6 company's named that, including a big multi trucker in Vegas. Who knew, I thought I was being totally original when I named mine.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ryan you have not been around long enough to really know Lee.

He is the last guy who would do something vindictive to anyone.

but he does have a fairly wicked sense of humor.

and Cole's a dick so who cares.

Ryan

I guess me and you have different views of vindictive lol. But oh well I'm over it.

Now lets go hammer Rob on the "dirt" thread :twisted: :lol: :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
gregcole said:
Lol- never saw this thread or I would have responded sooner. Simple reason for paying more per click: Drive the price up! The higher the price- the less affordable it is for everyone else. My goal: to make it so that only the people with deep pockets can afford to advertise the keywords. once that has been achieved i will lower my spend on Google. That should leave my companny and a few of the high $ O&O's using Google.

I have budgetted a large amount of money to invest in marketing. It is my goal to make it clear to the Tampa Bay market that they don't have to spend alot of money to get their carpets and tile cleaned. I am currently negotiating a billboard and a radio campaign for that market as well. Market share is key. Thanks to Harper's advice; I realized that I needed to come in hard and fast. Instead of creating a splash; I went for a tidal wave. Strangely- it is acting like a Tsunami !
Whether I turn a profit for the next two years in Tampa isn't important. While I am optomistic- whether or not it does won't affect how I feed my family.
What is important is that I provide more people in my organization with the opportunity to feed their familes. In october 2008, I changed our mission statement to simply this "Provide more jobs to the Atlanta market" opening Tampa allowed me to add two more employees here in Atlanta as support staff. Currently we have 14 full time employees, 2 part-timers, and our contractors complete well over 200 jobs per day. My goal is to get to over 500 jobs per day and 30 office employees before the economy begins to recover in 2013. We are 1/2 way there and with a little over 2 years to go! I am confident we can make it.
What are your goals? What are your doing to achieve them?

"Are you guys talking about this FELLOW".... :?

I am sure that $290.00.....is NOTHING to this "Big SHot"..... :cry:

He clearly states ...that He has ENOUGH money to "RULE THE WORLD"... :shock:

maybe his ideA of a "HUGE BUDGET"......is UN-FUNDED.... :oops:

Now---"Back to my mElTdOwN"........... :wink:

Ps..Can you IMAGINE..How he would "GO OFF"....If his sub..actually did a whole house for $79.00... :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom