Tampa Bay Pay Per Click

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ryan,
Sorry, I went to have something to eat and 10 posts later....

Greg uses unethical business practices: -"Whether I turn a profit for the next two years in Tampa isn't important. While I am optimistic- whether or not it does won't affect how I feed my family."

In other words he is willing to lose money, and offer services at a loss to take other cleaners out of business. Then his logic says he'll have the market all to himself. Unlikely, but that is another issue. That is clearly an unethical business practice. Companies on wall street that do that have been sued and lost big. Unless of course , they are Wallmart- the paragon of ethics.

In carpet cleaners world, however, everything is possible.

Here is more:
-"The higher the price- the less affordable it is for everyone else. My goal: to make it so that only the people with deep pockets can afford to advertise the keywords. once that has been achieved i will lower my spend on Google. That should leave my company and a few of the high $ O&O's using Google."

So yes his ego is as large as ..... however, I do consider it a threat to decent, hardworking carpet cleaners, you and me included. No, he is not coming to CA yet, but what if his kind of predatory business practices do work. There are many Greg Coles in every state and locale and our job is definitely not to help them succeed.

I was once taken to the cleaners by a dishonest graphic designer for a grand total of $750.00
Twenty one years ago and at the time it was a large sum for me. She got fully paid and never delivered the goods. I was foolish enough to pay it all in advance, silly me.
Well, I considered it a cheap business lesson and never (so far) made that mistake again.

Greg should consider this an even cheaper business lesson.

P.S. I took her to small claim court won and actually hounded her (actually her bank account) till I got every cent back. It was the sweetest money I ever made. That was also part of the lesson.

No offense Greg or anyone else but the links are there to be clicked not looked at. How many of Greg's local competitors do you think are clicking on the link? I have always realized that pay per click is nothing but the yellow pages all over and price dominates that arena. If you rely on that method to get customers then you have to live with people clicking the link. I clicked his link also not so he would be charged but because I was curious about his 34.95 tile special.

I guess I am not computer literate like some folks and this debate is the reason I will never do pay per click. I am smarter than that and know how to get clients the easy way. Little things like Jim Eckman's business card that read "referrals appreciated and welcome."

joe harper

Name
joe harper
FCC said:
and you couldn't just copy/ paste the link since you know he would be charged? Didn't have time to pick up that skill while using your customer's computers. :?: :wink: :lol:

"OuCh"..........NeVer....I repaeat NEVER..."Mess with FRED.... :!:

I would take 100 GC'S...in my backyard...over ONE FCC...in my STATE.... :wink:

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I was starting to think maybe I was the only person noticing the lovefest between Toburen and Cole. I have always held Steve in high regard and valued his advice, and while having a man crush on Greg doesn't make his advice any less valuable, his willingness to hold Greg up as the poster child for SFS has greatly reduced my desire to attend. Which I was going to do this year......Not that Jon Don will miss my $700. I think maybe Steve should have thought this one through a bit. Or maybe it was the plea bargin worked out for one of Jon Don's instructor showing the Saturday matinee of Greg's employee's on hidden camera....to his employees?!? :shock: :shock:

rick imby

Name
Rick
I don't do pay per click but I don't agree with anyone justifying their Malicious intent on clicking on Coles ppc ad.

Ethics are ethics. Just like your legistator justifying taking a bribe. It was only a little money to my campaign fund to vote for Free Health care.

When you are justifying something Mikey--Stockwell et all you are trying to say that it is ok to do the wrong thing.

When you can hide behind "He is a Dick anyway" then I guess it proves that you are a lowlife.

You must be a lowlife if you can Justify doing what you know is unethical.

Rick

Mikey P

Administrator
Who ever clicked on Greg's PPC was doing him a favor if you listen to his freakish reasoning on how he want's each click to cost $150 to drive out the competition.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think it is ratty to be clicking and asking others to click just to cost a guy money. I guess Greg will have to buy the wifey one less Fendi bag.

I am starting my implementation of some of the things I have learned at SFS but I did notice the butt kissing and that seemed to be the complete opposite of what the teachings were.

I may be setting up my company a little differently soon and when I do I may just implement my Joe Polish program and SFS at the same time. I bought the Joe program a few years ago and the only thing so far it has been good for is holding my monthly bills it is a great container.

I am waiting for Viking 101 "We are geats and we have come to clean you carpets, they say your carpets ave a monster"

k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPgVfaQCetQk]

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Lee Stockwell said:
Sorry Ryan, thought you were in Evansville IN. just across the Ohio river from KY. Are there two Rhino companies? I met the guy there at Mikeyfest, seemed level-headed, thus I was surprised he went ballistic over my googletagging Cole.

Lee, I was the Rhino you met at MF in Nashville, it was a pleasure meeting you. I don't care if you clicked on GC's ad 100 times a day. I don't have anything against him personally, but he talks about driving up the cost of PPC to run small guys out of it - so good for you, a $300 lesson I think he deserved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom