Tax season

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Feb was our bad month.

We're busy, going in all directions. Water, fire, sewage, mold, air ducts and carpet all busy right now. Could have used some of this, any of this in February when it was painfully slow. Feast or famine..........right now its feast, and feast is a beast! :neutral:

Reactions: Russ T.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
This week is busy.
Next week schedule still looks like a Swiss cheese :winky:

Yey. Family time.

Anybody think we can sue the IRS for behavior detrimental to our business' well being. Got to damage the economy.

Though supposedly I am getting my new van, that has been held hostage due to the GMC recall.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
It snowed yesterday.... :errf:.
This week did perk up though, about a dozen t/g estimates and a couple commercial.

I'm out of action though with a respiratory infection, this year just blows so far.
Total grind...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The whole month of March sucked. Which is actually good because usually Dec to mid April sucks. Now it is balls to the wall. Did hate having to pony up an extra 6k for taxes.Hang in there Shane. I've been going through with cancer treatments along with working this year. Hopefully done by mid May. Over 30 doctor appointment so far this year. Sucks.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The whole month of March sucked. Which is actually good because usually Dec to mid April sucks. Now it is balls to the wall. Did hate having to pony up an extra 6k for taxes.Hang in there Shane. I've been going through with cancer treatments along with working this year. Hopefully done by mid May. Over 30 doctor appointment so far this year. Sucks.

You have a real fight on your hands dave, this is just my body sending me a message ...
old.gif

Keep up the good fight !

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
What was interesting as far as taxes is that I wasn't able to take all the tax exemptions I qualified for so I could hit the sweet spot for Obama care. It made my tax bill much higher but it is the games we are forced to play. With a LOWER income my healthcare would of been $1200 a month and a $ 12 k deductible. ( So much for afordable) Just a heads up of changes we are forced into. The policy they eliminated was $300 per month.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Ron K

What was interesting as far as taxes is that I wasn't able to take all the tax exemptions I qualified for so I could hit the sweet spot for Obama care. It made my tax bill much higher but it is the games we are forced to play. With a LOWER income my healthcare would of been $1200 a month and a $ 12 k deductible. ( So much for afordable) Just a heads up of changes we are forced into. The policy they eliminated was $300 per month.

So the policy they eliminated was better coverage or a piece of shit that was illegal to sell anymore like the one we had, which was "elimintaed" too ?

Reactions: FredC

Becker

Name
Becker
Week prior to Easter is always busy.

This year is fails during tax week.. So this week has been busy busy.. Next week is looking slower so far.

Spring breaks slow things down.

By this time of the year not many refund spenders left.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm interested to see what my taxes turn out to be this year.. My tax lady said that I can write off my detached garage and my attached garage and the square footage is 1,965. The square footage of the house is 2,015. Do I get to write off half my mortgage? I'm thinking NOT.:evil:

We slowed down with spring break, but the beginning of the month was rocking!:rockon:

Sorry to hear that Dave, prayers with you! Hopefully Obamacare will just fall apart like most liberal feel good ideas.. Is paying $1,200 a month with a $12,000 deductible even considered insurance? I thought they were trying to get rid of junk plans not create them.. WHAT A JOKE!

Able 1

Name
Keith
No, I don't have the money to pay them now anyway.. I am a year behind,and pay the penalty:mad:.. The biggest mistake I made was not paying quarterly. My big goal this year is to get on top of it.. Filed an extension this year, well and every year for that matter.:hopeless: The interest sucks, but what you going to do?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I had my taxes to my accountant before MF 10 and my accountant emailed me with the results (got a refund this year).

As far as business, it has been a slow time since the middle of January. We have done work, but getting paid for it has been terrible (water damage work).

Our brutal cold winter had people not moving and spending twice as much to heat their homes.

Everytime we get some warm weather, business picks up. Soon as we get MORE snow (like last night again :angry: ) the phone just tanks.

Had a great start to the week and then it came to a screeching halt for today (people busy shoveling again) and yet work for Friday and even Saturday which we typically take off.

Have a bad feeling as soon as it gets nice for good, we are going to be over booked and lose jobs trying to get to them again.

We did well getting to just about everyone last year (similar weather) but it was crazy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom