Tech Comish

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I am thinking of implementing a tech comish for add ons. I currently dont and was wondering what you guys would consider. Currently he is at the greater of 20% or 100.00/day. I obviously don't want him to start trying to bang people out..but I would like for him to have the opportunity to tack on an extra 20 or 40 bucks per day. Opinion ?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Several questions?

Does this tech work alone?

What is your monthly and annual goal for him to earn?

How much opportunity is there for add on services?

This is what we do

Base hourly rate that all employees start at $

$1.00 per hour for the first 3 IICRC certifications successfully completed with 80% or higher

This becomes the base everyone goes to with in 6-9 months. After that hourly rates are determined by what the individual brings to the team.

Our techs get a percentage of all add on sales.

We are moving to have daily and weekly add on goals.

We are also moving towards a personal responsibility to understand the profitability of earnings for each day.

Call backs, bad addition, double couponing and free areas will start hitting the commissions in a negative this next quarter.

Hope this helps.

The hourly and % is really a regional thing.
I would look at household incomes and similar jobs to help set you rates.

Would be nice if you could include some information about yourself in your profile. You might get more details. Just a thought.

Some of us don't score the board like it's the Cubbies or Reds.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Most recommendations I have seen over the years, and what was taught in business school is that good general rule is that your payroll expense should not exceed 25%. With that in mind, I currently pay 15% to my helper and 20% when he works alone. Once I get my business to the point I need it to be, he'll be able to make a good living wage at those rates.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Thanks for the help guys. He is out there on his own. There is opportunities at every stop to clean more things, there are chairs and rugs everywhere and my operation is NYC metro. Example would be..we do L shape sectional 250.00. There is a side chair sitting there and he gets the lady to do it at 45.00. It will probably take 10 minutes to do and its like gravy money. I would honestly give him 20 bucks for that..no ?

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I am sorry I am confused..how does that work ? If youre guy is getting 15% he would make more than the extra 10 if he just added it to the bill straight up no ?

hogjowl

Idiot™
He's my Son, so I doubt it.

However, in the past, I have had that happen on one occasion with another employee. He eventually wound up in prison on drug distribution charges in Florida. He had a gambling problem too. I was young and did not know how to pre-qualify employees properly. I was also paying minimum wage, or slightly above it.

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom