Tech Training

Willy P

Name
Willy P
No techs for me at this point in time but they would need at least 3 years before I would let them out on their own.
They usually hit the best before date wwaaayyyy before 3 years, especially if they don't see any forward motion in a year or so. You might want to rethink that because nobody will put up with being a lackey for 3 years - and we're not rocket scientists.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
3 years? wowzers....if they aren't on the right path in a couple weeks and my guys that have been around for multiple years that do the training say he isn't a good fit, he will never go out...it only takes a short while to determine if he is a good fit. Send him out and and go check on him, it doesn't take 1,2,3 years or even months in my opinion. My two Orlando guys trained for about 12 days and they both are phenomenal, one has been around for lil over a year, the other two years plus..... its more about the systems and procedures you have in place.

Reactions: Art Kelley

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya they either get or they don't. The ones that don't alway ask "Did I do good? Did I? Did I?

UMMM yaa I'll tell you, don't ask.

Name
Todd
In others word he's very protective of his customers and doesn't trust chimps.

No, Not really, There is plenty of work out there. My customers can use whoever they want. It doesn't bother me one bit. I don't even do anything to retain them. No thank you cards , holiday cards, news letters None of that. I tell them to call me if there is a problem or if they need service. It has worked good so far

But you are right Sam. I don't want to have to worry about employees

I guess if you find the right guy/gal then It could be way less than 3 years.

At this point I just plan on staying Owner/Op.

Yes the trade is not rocket science but I am still learning ways to be better and more efficient.

Last edited:
Reactions: rjwood

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom