boazcan

Name
Bryan C
For the clear hose on the hoss :cool:

IMAG0908.jpg

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Just curious. Why the black tape or whatever that is around shroud?

It was originally a demo unit from Jon Don. Before I used it I put some painters tape and then black duct tape to protect it. Never took it off.

We were demo'ing the unit on 70k sq ft of cubicles. Figured it would get banged up. We actually did pretty well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Holy cow, Bryan! That's quite the set up! How much will that waste tank hold, it's huge! How many avg. jobs til full?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Holy cow, Bryan! That's quite the set up! How much will that waste tank hold, it's huge! How many avg. jobs til full?

I can't remember if it is 120 or 150, it is the standard AT waste tank. We can two whole houses of carpet in it. It has auto pump - so we don't worry on the big ones. We run high flow wands - 15 flow. With the hoss - we could easily run all day. Uses much less water.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Bryan how well did it do on the CGD? Production wise what kind of numbers per hour?

CGD is my favorite job with it. This is the main reason for buying. Good cleaning and good recovery - better than the RX that we dualled with on that job.

I think we had about 32-35 hours into it. We had to spread it over 4 days/nights because of the 20 hour operation and layout. So that includes 4 dual wand setups of 300 ft per set up. We had 3 guys - 2 cleaners and 1 gopher moving chairs, spotting, pulling hose. We may have had 4 one day.

This setup worked better for a couple of reasons: carpet tiles - our wand kept pulling the loose ones up and reduced fatigue based on wanding the first day. I think it cleaned a ton better also. The dump water was black each night.

hogjowl

Idiot™
A hole glide on a wand would have not pulled the carpet tiles up, but I understand why you didn't want to wand it. What I don't understand is why you used HWE when I see a cimex in that truck?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Actually the hole and hybrid pulled the loose ones up. The client liked to switch the tiles around a lot.

I gave them a quote for both and they picked the higher price. I kindly obliged. :D

We will probably follow up with some encap next year. It had been 5 years since install with no clean. It really needed hwe.

Bryan
SurfaceSolve Floor Care
www.tampatilecleaning.com

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
A hole glide on a wand would have not pulled the carpet tiles up, but I understand why you didn't want to wand it. What I don't understand is why you used HWE when I see a cimex in that truck?

I keep a cimex sitting right next to my Hoss..........there are some CGD that the cimex is just not going to clean..........

plus if I get the brushes ........good to scrub with.........

Reactions: boazcan

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Nice...let me know how it works out.....

The hose is too stiff. It has to be long enough so when the handle is lowered it still has play in it. The result is an ear punishing noise coming from the o-ring under the center plastic vac port. I had it working for a little while but the hose will move further on the two ports over time. Maybe needs another 3-5 inches to have some play - but this will cause the hose to stick out farther than it already does. Not as functional as it is pretty. It also may soften over time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
got the new generation Hoss in for the second truck....some good changes were made....

the handle bars are 2 inches narrower and are turned in some....I wish they would of turned the vacuum hose connection a little more inward so the hose did not stick out so much and have to maneuver it not to scrape the door jambs....

glad to see they took that trigger guard off and put a slider switch guard (?) on it...

PA200787.jpg

I had to unscrew the other one and bend/tape it out of the way because it would hit everything real easy.....

PA200788.jpg

also noticed that there was a grease fitting and a grease breather in the gear box....( the older mode did not have this )

PA200792.jpg

PA200793.jpg

they went ahead and wired the motor and put a twist lock on it...much better then having people try to wire it them self's....

PA200789.jpg

replaced the site glass with the blue one that is supposed to handle the chemicals better...but I am concerned about the rod..that did not change...broke 2 of those already....

PA200790.jpg

got the kit and went ahead and pimped out my older one....

PA200784.jpg

PA200785.jpg

PA200791.jpg

hose was stiff but the length was fine.....

Reactions: Mikey P

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Had a small issue yesterday. One of the large bars just broke off while cleaning. I have no idea why, was working on a thick short plush carpet. Then was trying to take another large bar off and it broke as well. I got the other ones out ok. I'm going to switch to all large spray bars and make sure to anti seize on the new ones. I would suggest others do as well. Scott was very helpful at Sapphire Scientific. He is replacing those rods with the new thicker ones. I will have an extra one around in case of

IMAG0925.jpg

IMAG0926.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

I had never used these type of easy outs before - they worked very well. Thought I would share in case any one is looking for a good set.

IMAG0929.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I pound mine...every day on every job..it has been on every type of carpet out there and no problems with a single bar.....the ones that broke on yours...were they the small ones or the longer ones.....I have all longer ones on mine....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom