Thanks to All

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I posted a while back about losing my hearing and I never properly thanked everyone for the kind words and encouragement.
So THANK YOU!!!!

I did wind up with hearing aids which don't even come close to normal but I am able to talk one on one with people and am able to work. I also have Tinnitis in both ears hissing in one and humming in the other, so I still have plenty of issues in that department but better than not hearing which I can't with out the aids. I can't listen to music anymore cause it is just a jumble of noise and TV is difficult at best. Thank God for MB for entertainment.
I have Menieres Disease and the doctor tells me there will come a time when the aids wont work anymore and a Cochlear Implant will be my only option, I hope that's a while those things are EXPENSIVE.
Again Thanks everyone!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thank God you are able to still work. I'm sure that noise in each ear is driving you crazy, but I hear that becomes less of an issue as you get used to it. I hope that is the case for you.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Thanks guys
The tinnitus is a real pain I just try to ignore it as much as I can although the side with the hum has been more like a train a couple of times. The first time it happened it scared the crap outa me.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Bob,

Do you/they think it's carpet cleaning related?

If so I'm buying ear plugs tomorrow!

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
No Jerry it's not they don't know what causes it and there's no cure. I think having ear protection when you're near the TM running is a good idea though.

You know I think everyone has thought about losing sight or hearing at some point, but it's something we all sort of take for granted. You don't know how much it means till you loose it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wishing you nothing but the best, Bobby
praying that it will be a LOOOONNGG time (like never) before the Cochlear Implants are needed

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ruff Hewn said:
praying that it will be a LOOOONNGG time (like never) before the Cochlear Implants are needed

..L.T.A.
larr...ya want i should put him on the totum...?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dc klaatu said:
[quote="Ruff Hewn":2324ttzd]wishing you nothing but the best, Bobby

..L.T.A.
larr...ya want i should put him on the totum...?[/quote:2324ttzd]

hell yea.
My "Spidy Senses" are rarely wrong ..and my Spidy Senses tells me Bobby a good dude fo-sho

..l.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
so it is written....
so it's done............!

i got that line from the
Ten Commandments
i was watching this afternoon
between Hockey and the Masters!

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Ruff Hewn said:

..L.T.A.

Thanks Larry I pray and hope you are right.
I was talking to a guy last Monday who got one five years ago he said it cost $50,000. It is more than that now depending on what part of the country you're in, California I heard one lady paid $120,000 just for Dr and hospital fees plus the device which is abiut $20,000.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
A friend of Jessica's has an implant and it helps her to just know when someone is speaking to her.

She is on the Vikettes (drill team) and they dance to music.

She can hear it somewhat, the bass hits and the muffled music but can't make out words etc.

She is able to count (the whole team has too) and stay in time with the others.

If you could pick her out of this, I would be surprised.

b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbm4kCvyvM8b]

She starts out all the way to our right in the back.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Ron I don't know how much if any improvement there would be, I think it varies from one person to another. The guy I talked to with my condition it made a huge difference for him and I have talked to another person who had a friend that got one and it was about the same as what mine is now. I have some days it is pretty good as it is right now and some days it's not good at all and I'm constantly asking people to repeat things. There are no days when listening to music works, but even a bad day is better than not hearing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom