Thanksgiving rush?

Walt

It's definitely picked up. Don't know if it has to do with turkeys or not.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, can you fit me in before Thanksgiving? Had three or so this week.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I had 3 or 4 I couldn't work in. I decided to put in a 6 day workweek and sqeeze in a few of my regulars. Decembers schedule is filling up too.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
for the last 2 weeks we have been working till about 8pm..i didnt get done today till 10pm and will be working sunday to halp with the overflow.
i am taking off thurs, fri, sat and sunday if i can..we will see.
dave

Cameron1

Over the years, we have lost tons of work cause we just couldn’t get to em all. Not this year though...we added the capabilities of having four lead techs so we rarely turn down any work. It is giving us a record year.

As a matter of fact, we are running three trucks today, which is the first time we have been able to do that on a Saturday.

My big concern though is the first quarter of 2009. I think the bottom is going to fall out.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have seen my sales pick up a bit over the past week, but nothing like it should be for this time of year. I'm concerned, as the Georgian Polishite is, for the first quarter of 09.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I Am so booked its not funny. next week i have 94 hours of work booked!!!!!!! Gotta love those last minute jobs.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Flatlined... Beep... beep... beep.. Beep... beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

John Watson

Helen and I are delivering 10 rugs (7 over9x12) between Ana's Basketball games today.

I used to do a tradeout with a body and paint guy, his family and rentals to keep the trucks dings and knicks in check espessalily when our son Jay worked for us. I haven't used him in 4 years, He sold all his rentals, and about 3 yrs ago said that was enough on his family. I still owe him about 5-600.

His ex wife just called, evidently he has illness that is questionable. 4 Beagles, 6-10 different litters and ducks live in and have had free range of the house last 3 years, He is in the Hosp. and due to get out on Wed. Does he have any credit left??? This will put 02 and quat a lot to the test. Oh by the way, before the divorce they still did the dogs and puppies and it was bad then. Can't wait to see the duck shit and smell.....

Rex Tyus

My owner occupied has been shitty all year. Now BAM, this will be the best week before thanksgiving I have ever had. Thank God!

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I was anticipating a holiday rush like last year, but...... I'm still waiting. Probably not going to happen in Maine. Too freakin' cold.. experiencing mid-January type weather right now, it sucks big. Maine economy is not helping... every day doom and gloom. I hate watching the tube or reading the paper, so damn depressing!

TimP

I've been slammed. I even have to work tomorrow.....all the way through Wed I'm booked full. I'm usually like a 4 grand a month guy....I know that's sad. But I'd say 4-5 grand in the 10 days before thanksgiving. I've already done well over 3 since last saturday...hell one job was right at 2 grand. I may even come near 6 grand but I somehow don't think so. Funny thing is last friday all the people who owed me money paid up too and had a 3 grand deposit that day.

I only hope it continues through december....oh and someone was rumored to be in my turf on friday. Rex????? Only reason I know is cause someone said they saw me somewhere I wasn't.....

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I worked today and am working sunday. The only difference I see this year is the wallet is a little tighter. Last year I had a ton of $250-300 jobs and this year they are more like $180-225 and a lot more minimums coming through

Mikey P

Administrator
My wifey scheduled me to fix her kitchen to day but I have a outside sealing job tomorrow.

One of those beauts where you pray down some solvent and walk to the tune of 3 a foot.

MTW are booked and I'll be in Dallas for Tofu Day.

Greg Loe

6:30pm and just got back from my 5th job today, 2 for Sunday. Monday and Tuesday booked solid. Leaving Wednesday for 6 days.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I have been working 6-7 days a week for the last month and a half just to keep up with things... I will be glad when the snow fly's so I can get some rest.

G

Resi is off , but picking up - commercial is right where it needs to be .

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The whole year has been a little flat, but the last week or so we have been cranking. We are packing the days and floating an extra 10-15 jobs a day to plug in as crews get done and cancels occur.

Mike Draper

awesome week! I put 43 hours on the truck. Worked monday through saturday! And I feel even better about it knowing I spent a way less on my fuel this week. $1.80 gal.

clean one

Yes have been very busy around here have 14 jobs for mon, tue, and wed, and 4 for friday so far

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom