The ART of drying carpets.. Is it a concern for you?

Name
I'm Rick James
Besides cleaning, i focus a lot on drying the carpets to the point it almost cost me my ass a couple of weeks ago.

A couple of questions...

At what temp and humidity does carpets best dry at?

During the winter I usually crack a window less than an inch, use air movers and have the customer keep the temp around 70 degrees. A lot of the carpet is dry to the touch and I realize it doesnt mean its 100% dry.

Is this a concern for you and what are you steps for drying carpets.. do you have the one hour guarantee?

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
The greater the separation in degrees (higher), between the dew point temperature above the carpet and surface temperature of the carpet (add air movement) the better the evaporation potential.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
How could you offer a 1 hour guarantee, or for that matter, any time guarantee unless you live in a desert? or use LMC?

I would think there would be too many variables to consider. Would you not clean on days it rained? Have a waiver for heavy soiled carpets? What about under furniture, where there is little air movement?

IF you could truly guarantee a 1 hour dry time, everytime, and use HWE, and get the carpets clean - that would be pretty impressive.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You can have a 'guarantee', it's still not gonna dry in an hour.

Not with a good flush and with the current laws of physics :p

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I rarely use air movers. Manipulating relative humidity with the customers HVAC system is faster (for Me) and less invasive. The use of air movers is a nice touch but with my pricing in need to focus on cleaning not drying to hit a good production rate and make money. The only customers that complain about dry times are the ones to fooking cheep to crank up the heat or AC.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I use an airmover if it is a big residential . I will set them up in the rooms I just cleaned or let one run in key areas while I pack up.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I say nobody is getting carpets dry in an hour or 2, if they are really using high flow and extracting properly, especially in cold and damp climates like NE Ohio. Maybe on those hot Summer days you can get really quick dry times. I pull a high cfm with the Genesis, and use an extra dry stroke, and cannot achieve 1 hour dry times. (Possible with an air mover).

Back
Top Bottom