The BDCC well has dried up from the looks of it.

Mikey P

Administrator
First Joe Polish abandoned us cleaners in pursuit of struggling business owners from other walks of life.

Dentists, Shoe shop owners,Plumbers, Fake Shakes and Natural Gas MLMS, real estate agents and more

Up until now ol' Howard P still had our backs and continued to care and nurture struggling carpet cleaners with frequent round tables and free live seminars on Pro Cleaners and his infamous ongoing Round Table membership program.

but alas....

I got an 8 page pamphlet in today's mail promoting an upcoming Zigler/Partridge Boost Yor Biz fest and NOT one single mention of the words "Carpet" or "Cleaning" are to been seen.

Who ever will we turn to now to slap our asses off the couch and into systematically ran businesses that allow us to live The Dream??

John Braun?

Rob Allen?

The Twins?

The Hanks?

Jeff Cross?

Eric Fish?

The Australian Bee Gees?

How will we ever survive without OUR two favorite gurus?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Like most of their devotees, the gurus are much better at churning new customers then retaining them. The Piranha Marketing guys thatI know have to work huge service areas to find the next chump. Contempt for your customers intelligence level is contagious.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Dont you worry, some screw up will come along and try to fill the hole.

I was curious what happened to lisa/joe have not seen them post in long time.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
When we get complacent, we slack off. And it depends on what is motivating you. I've several "bootcamps in a box" that I haven't even watched yet. Whenever I get the "urge" to go to one of these bootcamps I need to go back over all the information I already have. All one needs is 3 or 4 strategies that work and then just keep doing those. Steve Marsh gives some very simple strategies that will continue to bring in work, when applied.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
With so much love pouring from the BDCC niche, I'm shocked neither is sticking around!

Perhaps we need the Australian Joe Polish, or the Australian Howard...

Honestly, "marketing systems" that work in one service sector are easily translated into another. The challenge has never been not enough strategies, but simply not enough action. Whatever "guru" inspires you to act is the one to choose, because progress is made with even a crappy program as long as action is taken.

So perhaps the Australian Bee Gees "Staying Alive" will be your salvation.

Lisa

P.S. Mikey, I will let Joe know you miss him, and if he tears up. =)

Reactions: Ken Snow

duckster

While I am sure Polish's ideas have some merit (and I have his Piranha set of CDs) when they are a part of a comprehensive marketing plan, to rely on them for your business will make life easy on your competition.
The market itself is changing and there are so many new entries in the market including the new guy, some mop and clean methods, Bissell and Hoover machines, the list is endless. What you think of one over the other is not relevant to the consumer who is making the decision. Do you want to be known as just another cleaner or someone who provides solutions the consumer is looking for today? Me, I want to sell spark plugs, not buggy whips. Even if the buggy whips are the best mankind has seen. What need they fill is NOT the need the consumer wants filled. Learn from REAL marketing people who aren't trying to sell you one arrow when you need the whole quiver. My opinion, not looking for a fight or agreement. Who still insists on shampooing as the only method of cleaning carpets a pro would use? That is a rhetoric question, not one requiring an answer.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
While I am sure Polish's ideas have some merit (and I have his Piranha set of CDs) when they are a part of a comprehensive marketing plan, to rely on them for your business will make life easy on your competition.
The market itself is changing and there are so many new entries in the market including the new guy, some mop and clean methods, Bissell and Hoover machines, the list is endless. What you think of one over the other is not relevant to the consumer who is making the decision. Do you want to be known as just another cleaner or someone who provides solutions the consumer is looking for today? Me, I want to sell spark plugs, not buggy whips. Even if the buggy whips are the best mankind has seen. What need they fill is NOT the need the consumer wants filled. Learn from REAL marketing people who aren't trying to sell you one arrow when you need the whole quiver. My opinion, not looking for a fight or agreement. Who still insists on shampooing as the only method of cleaning carpets a pro would use? That is a rhetoric question, not one requiring an answer.
Sorry, though you stated that this is a rhetoric, I'd like to add my two cents.
The strength of a good marketing plan is its universal use of marketing principles. And the clear follow through steps.
I personally never used any of the "gurus" plans due to my personal preferences and dislikes. It does not however prevent me from seeing some of their merits.

Unlike you, (again, can't be too general, however it depends on the kind of market you're trying to appeal to) I would not look for a spark plug.
To my opinion (I interpret that to mean: something new, catchy, attention grabbing) it has a narrow appeal, that fades quickly and needs constant change.

I would try to appeal to the true and tried principles, such as:
Everybody wants to feel like they have gotten a good deal (price, quality, prestige, you name it.)
They want to feel that their money was well spent.
They want to be paid attention to and their isues addressed.

and so forth.

Most good gurus packages will do that, and than they may try to squeeze a little more extra money from you.

After all, nobody is perfect :winky:

Mikey P

Administrator
ship horn???

I would love to get Joe on here.

Having sat through his 3 day presentation I can confirm that he certainly does have nuggets worth paying attention to.:eekk:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
ship horn???

I would love to get Joe on here.

Having sat through his 3 day presentation I can confirm that he certainly does have nuggets worth paying attention to.:eekk:
I'm sure he does or he wouldn't have gotten to where he is. I also believe you have to have that type of persona to be able to make the kind of change, from who he was, to who he is. Congrats!

I just don't care for people with that persona......nothing personal! :very_drunk:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have been getting a lot of calls lately from Howard (I think, anyway). It's a advertisement for a cruise/make money for Howard event. The first thing I hear after saying hello is a ships horn blowing my left ear out. I always hang up about then, but I think a year or so ago I listened to the whole thing and it was Howard. Really annoying!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Circleoftrust.jpg

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
the ship horn is Partridge? we get it on both our cells and our home phone once a month. i'll have to listen next time. :angry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom