The Big Headed Stair Tool

maker

I visited Greenglides yesterday and got to see their new 14" Stair tool. Has a GreenHorn wand head on their stair tool body. I'm sure it'll make quick work of stairs. Cool Tool!

Greenie

This one? :wink:

Yea it's kind of a manly tool, built for sheer production, has most of the hardware of a full sized Greenhorn.

...and it takes the standard GG wand armor.

DSC02691.jpg

Dang, Greenie, why'd you go and do that? Now I "need" one of those, too :mrgreen: Any word on the heat shield for the original greenhorn stairtool?

Mike Draper

SHIT!!!! WHY!!! I just bought your other stair tool 4 weeks ago!!!! JEEEEEEZZZZZZ LOUIZZZZZZZZ!

Mike Draper

Heat Shield??? It's like a damn steam room lately. I can't even see the stairs when I'm cleanin. That's a good Idea. You have one?

Greenie

Heat shieled ain't ready yet.

Probably gonna make one for the 14" too....but that is a loooooong span to cover.

In time gents in time.

Heads up....you don't really want that wide body stairtool for day in and day out Residential, it's more for commercial and Apt. whores.

But all you Greenhorn guys can have some splashguard extenders that clip on to teh bottom of your splashguards to limit overspray...free of charge, just ask in a PM or email.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Greenie, What about your wide body stairtool isn't good for day in and out residential? I clean stairs with my 14X2 floor wand everyday. The only times its not great are when I really have to get after the risers and tight angled stairways. Seems to me your wide body stair tool would be the ticket?

maker

Shane T said:
Greenie, What about your wide body stairtool isn't good for day in and out residential? I clean stairs with my 14X2 floor wand everyday. The only times its not great are when I really have to get after the risers and tight angled stairways. Seems to me your wide body stair tool would be the ticket?

I agree, I'd use it for residential all day. Great for both res and comm.

Greenie

Well...u guys are manly men, that is who I made it for....remember we have some pansies in the ranks too.

lance

Would a 12 incher work better for resi?

And the 2.5 inch tube will be available when?

Greenie

You can choose from the 10" wide or the 14" wide, both have a 40" straight pipe, the benefit of the 14" and why I never bothered with a 12" is a step is only 3 passes wide with a 14, it's 4 with either a 12 or 10" tool....time is money.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Make one where I don't have to stand on my head to clean the bottom two steps, and I might be interested. There is absolutely no reason to produce a stair tool that will not allow you to stand upright the ENTIRE time you are cleaning the stairs! THINK man! You lemmings need to stop and think too before you give him more positive reinforcement.

You see, Greenie is a great guy who has a unique ability to take an idea and pace it through to a final product. If given correct information, his ideas a great. They really meet a need. However, since he doesn't actually clean carpets, he often gets things a bit out of wack. Like with this stair tool. Great idea ... love the wider head and having a glided stair tool is wonderful. Only thing is, having to bend over is just another irritation on an already overworked back. No matter how young you are, you really need to limit the amount of stress and bending you put on your backs. It WILL catch up to you! A simple S bend on both ends of that wand would make it a perfect tool ... well, except for the overspray problem that I'm SURE it has. That brings up another issue.

The overspray shields won't stay on the wand using a clip. You are either going to have to screw them on, or glue them. And, they really don't solve the overspray issue. They simply concentrate the overspray into a bold line that still falls outside the vacuum zone.

Mike Draper

admiralclean said:
Make one where I don't have to stand on my head to clean the bottom two steps, and I might be interested. There is absolutely no reason to produce a stair tool that will not allow you to stand upright the ENTIRE time you are cleaning the stairs! THINK man! You lemmings need to stop and think too before you give him more positive reinforcement.

You see, Greenie is a great guy who has a unique ability to take an idea and pace it through to a final product. If given correct information, his ideas a great. They really meet a need. However, since he doesn't actually clean carpets, he often gets things a bit out of wack. Like with this stair tool. Great idea ... love the wider head and having a glided stair tool is wonderful. Only thing is, having to bend over is just another irritation on an already overworked back. No matter how young you are, you really need to limit the amount of stress and bending you put on your backs. It WILL catch up to you! A simple S bend on both ends of that wand would make it a perfect tool ... well, except for the overspray problem that I'm SURE it has. That brings up another issue.

The overspray shields won't stay on the wand using a clip. You are either going to have to screw them on, or glue them. And, they really don't solve the overspray issue. They simply concentrate the overspray into a bold line that still falls outside the vacuum zone.

So what your saying is you have a stair tool that's easier to use? Greenie's is my 5th stair tool and the easiest to use and cleans the best, dries the fastest to. You will stand more upright with Greenie's than with any other stair tool on the market.

hogjowl

Idiot™
That is a stupid statement and completely illogical. Nothing about that design can possibly make you stand up any better than any other. The fact that I may not have one any better is another illogical argument, as well.

Making improvements on tools is no different than supporting an argument.

If you're not going to give it your best, then just don't bother.

Idiot.

PS Once the new wears off, and you start to see your purchase rationally, you'll see what I mean. By that time, Greenie will have the improved tool out and you'll have to buy another.

PPS Notice who started this thread? The tit's on a bore hog, wand bra dude.

lance

The problem is you can't clean the top, middle, and bottom stairs all the same. If you want to stand up when doing the middle, don't you have to stand on the lower steps to clean the middle?

When you are cleaning the bottom ones you can stand on the floor with the wand, but you are probably standing a few feet away on a level surface. You can't do that while standing in the middle of the staircase cleaning the middle part of stairs. You would loose your balance and fall backwards, wouldn't you?

Most back problems occur because of weak lumbar and core muscles, combined with tight hamstrings and quick awkward movements. There are ways to strengthen back muscles so that you don't have to reduce your activities in order to "save" it.

It's kind of like saying I need to drive in reverse more to balance out all the forward driving I have done. That way I will "save" the transmission.

Use it or lose it....and then use it somemore.

maker

admiralclean said:
That is a stupid statement and completely illogical. Nothing about that design can possibly make you stand up any better than any other. The fact that I may not have one any better is another illogical argument, as well.

Making improvements on tools is no different than supporting an argument.

If you're not going to give it your best, then just don't bother.

Idiot.

PS Once the new wears off, and you start to see your purchase rationally, you'll see what I mean. By that time, Greenie will have the improved tool out and you'll have to buy another.

PPS Notice who started this thread? The tit's on a bore hog, wand bra dude.

I used the original version of that stair tool for many years. I used it because it was the only one that I could stand up straight with while cleaning stairs. I have used many others and none of them compared to that long straight design. Good design to build off of.

hogjowl

Idiot™
lance said:
The problem is you can't clean the top, middle, and bottom stairs all the same. If you want to stand up when doing the middle, don't you have to stand on the lower steps to clean the middle?

AdmiralClean's response: Well, duh ... yeah, of course

When you are cleaning the bottom ones you can stand on the floor with the wand, but you are probably standing a few feet away on a level surface. You can't do that while standing in the middle of the staircase cleaning the middle part of stairs. You would loose your balance and fall backwards, wouldn't you?

AdmiralClean's response: You don't stand in the middle of the staircase while cleaning the middle of the stairs. You stand on the lower steps. I think I may understand how you ended up cleaning carpets for a living ...

Most back problems occur because of weak lumbar and core muscles, combined with tight hamstrings and quick awkward movements. There are ways to strengthen back muscles so that you don't have to reduce your activities in order to "save" it.

AdmiralClean's response: And you can prevent heart attacks by watching your diet and having regular doctor visits ... but that doesn't mean Micky Dee's shouldn't improve the health of their menu, any more than Maker and Greenie need to improve the design of this tool.

It's kind of like saying I need to drive in reverse more to balance out all the forward driving I have done. That way I will "save" the transmission.

AdmiralClean's response: Making a ridiculous comparison doesn't make the initial point ridiculous. It simply makes a ridiculous comparison.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Maker wrote: I used the original version of that stair tool for many years. I used it because it was the only one that I could stand up straight with while cleaning stairs. I have used many others and none of them compared to that long straight design. Good design to build off of.

AdmiralClean's response: Then you are either 4 inches tall, or you didn't clean the bottom 2 or 3 stairs.

maker

admiralclean said:
AdmiralClean's response: Then you are either 4 inches tall, or you didn't clean the bottom 2 or 3 stairs.

The bottom 2 stairs I usually got down on one knee for.

Every other tool I've used I had to stay partially bent over while cleaning, some more then others. Either way it was extremely uncomfortable and always a pain in my back.

Have you ever used this style stair tool?

Name
Lee Stockwell
I can clean a complete set of 13 steps with my floor tool in less time than it took to read this whiney thread....and do a great job.

Thanks,
Lee

Name
Lee Stockwell
I can clean you under the table youn'un. How many have a stair nose tool? Usually don't use it unless very soiled or interested in putting on a complete dog and pony show. Always carry a white towel to detail.

lance

Hey everybody, step up to the window and buy a ticket....Marty's on a roll.

If you clean the top stairs by standing up on the middle stairs, and you clean the middle stairs by standing up on the lower stairs, then maybe cleaning the lower stairs is the problem......not all the stairs.

In 20 years, haven't you come up with a design of your own? It is a lot easier to design something on paper than to face the reality of actually building it. I'm sure with all the wisdom that you possess Greenie would somehow come to his senses and build the perfect stair wand for you......but he might need A DESIGN !!!!

Come on, it's just a wand head and some tubing. Surely, you could enlighten us as to your ideas as opposed to "that don't work, this don't work" etc, etc.

By the way, I have a middle finger pointed at the screen.......compare that!!!

All of the above is for Marty.....or his given name "too much smarty for ya'all Marty"

Lee, you seem like a nice guy.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Are you just NOW figuring out that I've been talking about the bottom section of steps?

Surely you jest.

I mean ... any idiot can figure out how to stand up and clean the top steps.

Lance ... come play with me when you can intelligently form an argument.

PS And Lee probably can out clean me.

On he days when his old ass can get out of bed.

G

I too use a hand tool; with enclosed sprayer; a stair tool would make too much sense; especially with degenerative spinal stenosis. Kinda got a thing for up close and personal with stairs; must be some sort sick golden shellback oddity. 22 years in the Navy does stuff to people. :twisted: :roll:

Greenie

I think the only difference between Bman and Marty is Bman actually cleans with the tool, and not judges by pictures.

and logically the last step or two would require a little one knee or crouching action....and no a "double bend" is not the answer here, I specifically did not choose a double bend cause it a terrible design for a stair tool that is flipped.

I will make "one" of either the 10" or 14" with a 15º bend so that Marty can have his stand and finish the last step approach...but i still think it's unecessary.

Marty, what do you use for stairs now? pic?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom