The Big Headed Stair Tool

hogjowl

Idiot™
No pics.

I use a straight tool, exactly like the one you are pushing, but without the 14 inch head, glide, or 2 inch tube. It's a pain in the lower back, and completely useless on any step lower than 3 or 4 feet.

I want one with a 2 inch tube (probably with no more working length than the straight one you're making now), s-bend tube, 14 inch wide glided head.

And I want it tomorrow.

Name
George Valliant
The stubby S-bend stair tool is my favorite. It’s equally ergonomic when you flip it over to catch the face of the steps.

To do the step faces, I place my left foot on the 2nd step below the face I'm cleaning and my right foot on the 3rd step, I grasp the stair tool handle with my left hand, flip the tool so the lips are facing the front of the step, rest my left forearm on my left knee/shin, and use my right hand to operate the trigger. It feels ergonomically correct to until you get down to the last two steps which require both feet to be on the floor and a little stooping.

do you make glides that fit this stair tool? I have no idea who makes it or if it came from China or what.

I like the S-bend so much I bought two because I was afraid the distributor would discontinue them.

Thanx,

Name
George Valliant
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
I like the S-bend so much I bought two because I was afraid the distributor would discontinue them.

A 2" inch stair tool with a 14" glided cleaning head? S-bend or not is sure sounds good...

Greenie

Yes, we make glides for that, it's a WestPak 10" stair tool.

It's not that hard to add a bend to a 2" tube, I'm just not gonna buy it back if the guy discovers it's lame...lol

When you flip a double bend tool to do the riser, the hoses are pointed away from u in an awkward manner, on a straight pipe it's all balanced and universal.

I really don't think crouching to do the last two steps or even last step is that big of a deal, the trade off of cleaning 12 steps standing, and cleaning them fast and thoroughly, and with ease is worht the effort.

Good splainin' on the elbow knee thing, that is exactly what i do, use leverage.

Name
George Valliant
Who carez about the S-bend! I want a 14" Greenhorn stair tool the way you designed it. Does come with a 2" pipe right?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I care about the S-bend.

However, Beany brings up some good points in defense of the straight tool. That extra bit of bend on the hoses when you flip the wand over can be a pain, but the bending on the bottom steps (for me) is also a pain. So, I have to decide which is the bigger pain.

I don't clean the risers all that often, and I always clean the bottom steps, so Greenies point has little bearing with me; however, just today, I experenced something that had me thinking I could seriously use the wand the way Greenie designed it. (Straight) I was cleaning a ton of church pews (like all freakin day) with my upholstery tool. I though how nice it would be to be able to use a wide, glided tool on them. It would be faster and the glide would actually make it better, in terms of the extraction effiency. However, thnk about another scenario we all encounter frequently. Cleaning that odd bathroom with carpet, and getting the area around the toilet. The straight tool would be inconvenient, when compared to the s-bend, and the 14 inch head would prevent you from getting between the toilet and the wall,or tub.

So, I guess it just depends on personal preference, and if I thought about it long enough, I might convince myself that the straight tool is the best.

But I would never publically admit it ...

Greenie

Who carez about the S-bend! I want a 14" Greenhorn stair tool the way you designed it. Does come with a 2" pipe right?

well of course. :wink:

That carpeted bathroom scenario was almost a daily encounter here in Sun City retirementville, if you wouldn't use you Titanium wand on a bath, why would you even think of a 14" wide utility tool?

Uph. tools have their place.

The 10" wide GGUT40 would be sweet for pews, and cut some of your uph. time in half, not to mention be great on stairs, not everyone needs a 14" wide tool for sure, but everyone can use a 10" wide tool with a 2" tube.

commercial over.

DSC02691.jpg

GG40UT009.jpg

Name
George Valliant
I'm sure I could manage without the S-bend but I'm afraid 40" is about 11" too long. I like a stubby stair tool. Doesn't everyone?

maker

I'm sure I could manage without the S-bend but I'm afraid 40" is about 11" too long. I like a stubby stair tool. Doesn't everyone?

If you haven't tried the 40" straight design, do your self a favor and try it. As I said in previous post, You can stand straight up when cleaning the tops and the risers. As porky pointed out you can't stand up on the last couple but you still get to stand while doing all the risers. When I switched to this style tool I did stairs twice as fast and never had a sore back.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
marty..all this crying about over spray?
are you a premature ejaculatory as well? not even my helpers have over spray issues..well we also do a dry pass.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You have no idea if your helpers have overspray issues. The subject has never come up. And, the drying passes may, or may not be being done.

But you will be the last person to know.

The preejaculation comment was just stupid ...

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
actually yoy are wrong..i do know if my guys are doing dry passes and i do know about over spray issues..see my guys are not chimps, i train them well work with them pay them well and do spot checks on them as well as follow up with the customers about dry times and and several other things about the jobs..my repeat business is in the 86% range and most of my customers have already booked when we go to mail out our 6 month reminders..so your comment about me not knowing what my guys are doing is wrong..
but with all your crying and issues with over spray maybe you should go see a doctor or just go work with someone that know what they are doing..not saying that you dont but you do have issues that no one else seems to be having.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
following..who needs a following?
i just work my ass off and do my best..the rest falls in place..i also limit the crying and bothering people about my inabilities, no one can fix your problem about the over spraying issues except you..
give me a ring if you need some help, i will send ya a video.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I bet you could wine for a year and Greenie wouldn't take you seriously enough to attempt to fix the problem.

He's working on a fix for the problem I have been complaining about.

Being an irrelevant poster is sometime you can fix over time.

Work on it.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yes sir..keep on crying about the over spray because everyone on the board gives a shit and it is really important to all of us that you dont do a dry pass, or the back of steps..
man that is what is really important..and you call me irrelevant?
at least i ask questions and help others out when i can but who is your over spray issue helping? you need help, you are only about 6 hrs or so away..you can ride along with one of my guys any time you want..they will help you make some adjustments and you will be good to go, all for free....i am that kind of guy.
greenie can only fix the tools, he cant fix the person working the tool.

Greenie

I pretty much try to fix anything I can for anybody, but i stop at psychology, can't fix my own, how can I help another?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ya know if you had come down for a ride along i may have been able to save your service master franchise (or whatever it WAS) for ya..all you have to do is ask nicely. i dont know if i could have done anything about the retail store though that was all you undoing..

hogjowl

Idiot™
Since I left my first franchiseer 5 years prior to you starting your business, I'm not certain how you could have "helped me" with a ride along.

And, selling my retail business does not indicate to a normally rational person any need for help.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
admiralclean said:
Since I left my first franchiseer 5 years prior to you starting your business, I'm not certain how you could have "helped me" with a ride along.

And, selling my retail business does not indicate to a normally rational person any need for help.

people dont sell businesses and leave franchisees if they are successful, they continue to make money..you must not have been??

admiralclean said:
OK, lets discuss it.

Why did I do that?

that is the question you need to answer so i can start to get you back on track.
i cant help you if you wont help me help you

hogjowl

Idiot™
davegill said:
people dont sell businesses and leave franchisees if they are successful, they continue to make money..you must not have been??

That is just about the stupidist thing I have ever read here, outside of a Todd post.

Are you saying Steve Toburen sold his business and Steve Smith left ChemDry because they were both business failures?

You truly ARE an idiot! I just though people said that because you weren't real bright.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i am pretty sure you are not living the life style of any one of those you mentioned.
if you were i would not be offering to help..only a complete moron would be on here crying about over spray if he had a few million in the bank..
so remind me of who the idiot is?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think that still is you.

You didn't mention any financial parameters (look that up) when you made the bone-head statement about only failures selling businesses, so don't try to change your intent in mid argument.

It's up to Steve Smith and Island Boy to tell us how much money they have in the bank, and since you could not have any idea what my life style is, I have to assume you like to argue pointlessly about things you couldn't have any understanding of ... not to mention making up things as you go along.

So have fun all by yourself.

Mikey has started a much more interesting thread elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom