the customer still hasn't paid.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I've sent multiple emails and left a VM.
Today I had my son go to their home to collect payment. They didn't answer the door, and he thought they were ignoring him.
This lady is or was rich and was referred to us by a wealthy client of mine.

Should I complain about this deadbeat to the client who referred her or keep it private?
Or should sending a, filled out but not filed yet, Mechanic's Lein be the next step?

Reactions: SamIam
F

FB7777

How much are we talking about?

if you know the person who referred her, you could always inquire if everything is OK with the deadbeat

if they ask why, you could then disclose that they owe you money ( I’m assuming for over 30 days )

not familiar with the process off filing for a mechanics lien, but unless you have a signed invoice, I wonder if it would hold up … besides , there are reasonable excuses for non payment like failure to delivery services

FredC

Village Idiot
you might want to research collection laws before you blab...you might end up owing her money....

Not sure which collection laws ,if any,may or may not apply to you but I would be informed first....well I'd never actually say anything.............but if I were to

Last edited:
Reactions: aaronjumps

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
How much are we talking about?

if you know the person who referred her, you could always inquire if everything is OK with the deadbeat

if they ask why, you could then disclose that they owe you money ( I’m assuming for over 30 days )

not familiar with the process off filing for a mechanics lien, but unless you have a signed invoice, I wonder if it would hold up … besides , there are reasonable excuses for non payment like failure to delivery services
$586 is owed for over 30 days.
In the past, I have just filled out the lien paperwork but not filed it.
I would send a copy of the form with a letter stating that payment needed to be received by a specific date or the form would be filed.
I've only filed it once on a large apartment complex. They paid because they needed it removed to get financing.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you might want to research collection laws before you blab...you might end up owing her money....

Not sure which collection laws ,if any,may or may not apply to you but I would be informed first....well I'd never actually say anything.............but if I were to
"Blab".....lol !

steve_64

Well, that worked FAST!
The customer paid within hours of me threatening to place a lien on the property. I emailed her another invoice with the ability to pay online.
They probably forgot about it. You probably are not high on their priority list.
I usually forget who owes me money until I do monthlies.
I don't start threatening until it's 90 days out but I'm not a millionaire who needs the money I guess.

Name
Nate W.
:lol:

2781D01D-987C-4F27-8F8F-39A57BB88C65.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom