The disco truck killer has arrived. (PICS)

Mike Draper

I have been working on this project for about 6-7 weeks now. Aside from welding for the side door, I installed, designed and built most everything by myself. I have probably worked around 100 installation hours to complete this project. I have a new appreciation for the truck mount manufactures and engineers. It looks simple, but its not. trust me. As you can see by my hand, I've busted my knuckles a few times.
016-1.jpg

Here it is before anything has been done. Its a 2006 GMC W3500 with a 6.0 gas engine. Out plan is to convert the engine and all carpet cleaning equipment over to CNG (compressed natural gas)
002.jpg

Inside of truck.
insidetruck.jpg

Side door installed. Inside is now framed and insulated.
010.jpg

Here it is all finished
018-1.jpg

I designed these fan holders and then had a local fabrication shop make them. Had them powder coated as well.
019-1.jpg

I built these racks out of uni-strut and then put hooks on them. ATech manufacturing does something similar.
020.jpg

This rack here is actually a support for the side roll-up door. As you can see I use it for hanging all my stuff on as well.
022.jpg

Here is a wand holder I had designed and made up.
023.jpg

It has velcro to secure wand to wall. There is a wand stop on the floor as well.
024.jpg

These uni-strut brackets go along the wall are secured into about 1" of hard wood. You can see the little giant #4 heat exchanger on the base I had made. This makes it easier to get to for lighting and such.
025.jpg

This is my fresh water reel. It has 200' of hose on it. I can hang from this reel, its secured extremely well. You can also see my vent less propane heater. This is for use during the day when we are driving around.
026.jpg

200 gallon fresh water tank. :shock:
027.jpg

This is a flojet fresh water pump. It allows me to have something to fill up my chemical jugs with and rinse off my tools with. I made the bracket to secure the fresh water tank and hold the pump.
030.jpg

This hose goes directly in to the Judson C4 Truckmount, and has a quick disconnect.
031-1.jpg

And of course. The Judson C4. The longest lasting in the universe!!!! This truck mount is unique. Currently, it runs off of propane, as well as the HX. We have an 85 GALLON :shock: :shock: propane tank below the truck so I wont have to fill up very often. As well you can see the Aero Tech hose reel. 300' of 2.5" hose on board, with a 25 foot 2' whip of course. Nothing but power and tons of heat here.
032-1.jpg

The Judson C4 has a Gardner Denver 408 Tri-Lobe blower. Everything about this truck is made with reliability and simplicity in mind. I will never have to take this machine to any dealer to have it repaired. I'll do it in my driveway.
033-1.jpg

Here is the back of The Judson c4. See how simple it is. Thanks Les for all your help.
029.jpg

I called Shawn York and asked him if he would mind if I had some gauges made that are like the V gauges. They are bad ass and the nicest gauges on the market hands down. they are easy to read from inside a house or even at night. Thanks Shawn.
034-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

Here is one last pic. Notice the red sticker? 8)
036.jpg

Attachments

• 033-1.jpg
    033-1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 97

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hummm...good thing its winter eh??

lol....now I know I HAVE to drive up there and looksee for myself...

good job

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Look at you. It's like that scene in Rainman when Tom Cruise sees Dustin Hoffman wearing that $3000 suit in the hotel room. The guy may have been a gork but he was looking good.

033-1.jpg
[/quote]

steve g

Name
steve garrett
that as alot of work, I moved my unit into a new trailer back in august and while looking at it, it doesn't really look like it was that much work, but pulling the machine out of the old setup and moving it over, not to mention fabbing things and modding them to make them work as well as all the things that are a problem that you can't know until you get doing it. took forever. I think I worked on it for a month in my spare time finally getting it the way I wanted.

I hope that isuzu works good for you, they were very very problematic when I worked for UDK before starting my business. and you being a local guy it will see similar conditions to what those trucks saw.

also why the CNG conversion what is the benefit to it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Being the box is tall, do you have plans for the space above the door?

How big is the dump valve? Don't know why more mfgs don't use the RV industry standard 3" dump valve and hose.

Seems like a Bethel-inspired install for sure, very nice!!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Looks good! maybe you should start doing installs instead of cleaning!!! Is that a number 3 LG? I thought the c4 came with a #4.

Mike Draper

Both the HX and the vent less heater are safe. they dont put any heat on the wall at all. As far as dependability with the GMC w3500. I chose the 6.0 gas motor for its reliability and proven track record. The rest is Isuzu. the deal with CNG gas is the price. $1.25 a gallon in Utah. however, if we dont get the grant for CNG conversion, we will run propane and I have an agreement with the local propane store for $2.00 a gallon propane. the little giant is a #4

Mike Draper

Lee Stockwell said:
Being the box is tall, do you have plans for the space above the door?

How big is the dump valve? Don't know why more mfgs don't use the RV industry standard 3" dump valve and hose.

Seems like a Bethel-inspired install for sure, very nice!!

I dont know who Bethel is. I dont plan on doing anything with the space above the door at this time.

fresh1

Very well done!
What are the small green things hanging on the rack (just curious)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
fresh1 said:
Very well done!
What are the small green things hanging on the rack (just curious)

the coolest door stops you have ever had.....works on hinges or on the ground.....I have lost all mine and have been meaning to get a few more..........

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Do you want to trade? Ivebeensold

Very nice!

A question that has been on my mind about the Judson though. How do you rinse the waste tank out. Seems like it would be almost impossible when viewing the pictures.

sam gm

Man that is a bad ass set up, did u do all that fab work yourself. Looks like u used some aero tech stuff and I like that you used the speedhut guages . Its nice to see all the tools to do a job right.
Where did you get the green vac hoses?

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
Very nice mike
I have 1800 hrs on mine no problems so far
Couple of sets of belts is all can think of
Good luck

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Mike Draper said:
the deal with CNG gas is the price. $1.25 a gallon in Utah. however, if we dont get the grant for CNG conversion, we will run propane and I have an agreement with the local propane store for $2.00 a gallon propane. the little giant is a #4

Is more than a gallon of CNG or propane required to do the same work as a gallon of gasoline?

Bjorn

Ok break out the Jerkins Kleenex and hand sanitizer

e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7evC55NU8Ie]

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kick ass, Drapes

and all this time I thought you was just a cocky smart mouth punk
seems you actually DO have sum skill and abilities :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, great job, Dude

..l.T.A.