The disco truck killer has arrived. (PICS)

Mike Draper

Johnny said:
Mike Draper said:
the deal with CNG gas is the price. $1.25 a gallon in Utah. however, if we dont get the grant for CNG conversion, we will run propane and I have an agreement with the local propane store for $2.00 a gallon propane. the little giant is a #4

Is more than a gallon of CNG or propane required to do the same work as a gallon of gasoline?

with my propane setup I should run a total of 1.7 gallons per hour of propane. This is under heavy usage.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
sorry I didn't say it but that is a great looking rig,

I have heard when you run propane you are down on power about 30%, with us being already higher altitude that could mean even less power but I am no expert.

the npr's with the exception of the diesel model has always been a GM powertrain, and that was one of the big problem areas. the motors were done at 100k and the trannies blew every 30k. we had 5 npr's 4 gas one diesel these were replaced about every 4-5 years during my time there I bet I drove 8 different npr's, the gas models got 7 mpg on a good day and the diesel got 16mpg most of the time. the one diesel we had was the most reliable and it didn't have trans problems either, good luck and don't get stuck in the snow because only one set of dual rear wheels will spin and unless you are extremely careful you will blow the spider gears out of the rear end, I personally grenaded 3 rear ends getting stuck up in park city in the winter, 2 grand a pop. I even had one catch fire while driving it, we put out the fire with a pump sprayer and microban.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Awesome truck- beautiful setup!

Mike Draper said:
I dont know who Bethel is.

I'm still trying to figure it out.. were you joking about not knowing the Bethels?

I mean they only make the best looking setups in the world- for our industry...

Jim Bethel said:
Great job Mike!!

Bet it is great to work out of 8)

Its classy that he didn't say anything about you not knowing who he was. somewhat amus

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Looks great. First time I've seen those fan cages.

Only question is how do you guys with carpet in the floor manage to keep it clean?. I have to scrub and hose down the stock rubber floor in the van just about every week.

Albert

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Good idea on the fan holders. I find that if I stack them wheels up they don't move around much.
Nice layout

Mikey P

Administrator
Loren Egland said:
Do you want to trade? Ivebeensold

Very nice!

A question that has been on my mind about the Judson though. How do you rinse the waste tank out. Seems like it would be almost impossible when viewing the pictures.

Ports on both ends Loren.

Mike Draper

Studebaker said:
Good idea on the fan holders. I find that if I stack them wheels up they don't move around much.
Nice layout

Why dont you send me a couple more studebakers so the fan holder is complete?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Looks great, hands should heal with only minor scarring!
If you are not planning on useing area above door, why not a full door? :?:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Albert Lazo said:
Looks great. First time I've seen those fan cages.

Only question is how do you guys with carpet in the floor manage to keep it clean?. I have to scrub and hose down the stock rubber floor in the van just about every week.

Albert

You know what he does for a living right? :mrgreen:

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Nice job! Where did you get the water tank? My water tanks are 500 gallon and take up to much room so I was thinking of switching them out for something like that.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
wow that is giving me wood.lol,very nice.love the fab work on the fan holders.the whole package

TimP

I have to agree with everyone, it's very nice looking.

But I'd like to hear more about the heat exchanger.

randy

Name
Randy
Great looking rig, Mike.

Now go soak your hands in peroxide or betadine for 3 minutes and get some neosporin on those wounds.
You don't need a blood infection, happens all the time from minor wounds and can kill you.
Be safe.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Mikey P said:
[quote="Loren Egland":2h5h3210]Do you want to trade? Ivebeensold

Very nice!

A question that has been on my mind about the Judson though. How do you rinse the waste tank out. Seems like it would be almost impossible when viewing the pictures.

Ports on both ends Loren.[/quote:2h5h3210]
I can see the port in the picture. It just looks very difficult to give a thorough rinsing. I am so used to the Powermatic. The whole top lifts off for great access. It drains dry also instead of leaving a couple inches in the bottom.

I take it you don't have any problem with flushing out the waste tank. I guess I will just have to take a closer look next time I get near a C-4.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I was feeling good about my set up until I saw that. WOW what a truck! My fav so far.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Loren Egland said:
[quote="Mikey P":217621xc][quote="Loren Egland":217621xc]Do you want to trade? Ivebeensold

Very nice!

Ports on both ends Loren.[/quote:217621xc]
I can see the port in the picture. It just looks very difficult to give a thorough rinsing. I am so used to the Powermatic. The whole top lifts off for great access. It drains dry also instead of leaving a couple inches in the bottom.

I take it you don't have any problem with flushing out the waste tank. I guess I will just have to take a closer look next time I get near a C-4.[/quote:217621xc]

I don't think I've ever rinsed the waste tank on the three TMs I've owned over 24 years including the '87 WM I still have. They're like a bath tub. You pull the dump valve and they empty. What am I missing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom