The disco truck killer has arrived. (PICS)

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
joeynbgky said:
Looks good! maybe you should start doing installs instead of cleaning!!!

Look at the picture of his hands, I don't think Mike would survive more than a couple installs...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Nice job Mike. That's a sweet set up. If you're planning on closing the doors when cleaning, install two fans, on in and one out, Need to vent towards the engine to cool it. Also if you vent the 4HT out of the truck it will reduce the heat dramatically.

I can relate to the hand injuries.
When I was putting mine together I got a little cut on my index finger, dang thing swelled up twice the size in 24hrs, hurt like a bugger. Took a week for the antibiotics to kick it. It was almost a year before it was the same size.

Shane T said:
[quote="Leslie Judson Jones":m8bkgiq6]we will have a c-4 at MikeFest that is a Roots blower Prototype with a show special price.
Why are you trying the Roots?[/quote:m8bkgiq6]
Shane,
We have been using Roots blowers since 1972. We also use Sutorbilt. We really have no preference of the two. Each blower has its advantages. The blower on the prototype is a 47J special built blower for sound suppression.

0_3c11c_323e8.jpg

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Leslie Judson Jones said:
[quote="Shane T":yskk72kb][quote="Leslie Judson Jones":yskk72kb]we will have a c-4 at MikeFest that is a Roots blower Prototype with a show special price.
Why are you trying the Roots?[/quote:yskk72kb]
Shane,
We have been using Roots blowers since 1972. We also use Sutorbilt. We really have no preference of the two. Each blower has its advantages. The blower on the prototype is a 47J special built blower for sound suppression.

0_3c11c_323e8.jpg
[/quote:yskk72kb]
So is this Roots 47J better for noise than the Sutorbuilt? My Roots 47DSL is terrible loud.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ill take some when i am up there next week...

you all know how good my cinematography skills are Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold

lance

Hey Les, has anyone ordered one of your machines with the sutorbilt heliflow blower? How do you think that one would compare to the proto-type 47 that you will have at MF?

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
ill take some when i am up there next week...

you all know how good my cinematography skills are Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold

No sh!t... Even Wally Waldo's video was better.... blowme

Draper's rig is a sweet @ss setup!!! The ultimate truck...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok so here it is.....it doesnt like the "lower" light in the rig, because it goes a little hazy...i tried moving it as slow as i could...

Mike didnt want to narrate it sooo its kinda quiet...I asked if there was anything he want to point out, but he said no....

turns out to be a "little" less space then i thought there was....non the less it was VERY nice setup indeed
i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFa6qIwnrY8i]

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
ok so here it is.....it doesnt like the "lower" light in the rig, because it goes a little hazy...i tried moving it as slow as i could...

Mike didnt want to narrate it sooo its kinda quiet...I asked if there was anything he want to point out, but he said no....

turns out to be a "little" less space then i thought there was....non the less it was VERY nice setup indeed
6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFa6qIwnrY86]

Thanks Douglas... shiteatinggrin

lance said:
Hey Les, has anyone ordered one of your machines with the sutorbilt heliflow blower? How do you think that one would compare to the proto-type 47 that you will have at MF?
Lance,

I like the Heliflow blower. The only reason we haven’t really used any is the cost. We have no problem using the if anyone wants one. It would just cost a little more. The main reason for that blower is sound suppression. We’ve been working on sound suppression on more common, standard blowers. The Sutorbilt Triflow is very quiet in and of itself and so is the 47J Roots. I’ve had Cowl Silencers manufacture a custom silencer for us. These silencers are working so well that when you listen to the air exiting them, you can not hear the blower. When dealing with sound suppression you reach a point when the sound from the blower is less than the engine noise. We feel that we have reached this point with these new silencers. So there may not be a need for the Heliflow Blower.

2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT9KcFWcjGU2]

Mike Draper said:
Both the HX and the vent less heater are safe. they dont put any heat on the wall at all. As far as dependability with the GMC w3500. I chose the 6.0 gas motor for its reliability and proven track record. The rest is Isuzu. the deal with CNG gas is the price. $1.25 a gallon in Utah. however, if we dont get the grant for CNG conversion, we will run propane and I have an agreement with the local propane store for $2.00 a gallon propane. the little giant is a #4

The deal with CNG gas

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1 ... PSTM323/PR

Name
I'm Rick James
Great looking truck.

I was curious if you worry about the rain making a mess of the inside because the side door exposes half of your set up?

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Nero said:
Great looking truck.

I was curious if you worry about the rain making a mess of the inside because the side door exposes half of your set up?
Maybe a small awning could roll out. Even give you a little shade.
Outstanding set up. Me jealous.

Mike Draper

It doesnt really get wet in there. We cleaned a lot in the rain and snow this last month and only had 1 day when the snow was blowing that it got in. I took the stair tool and cleaned it off before I shut the truck off. The carpet is rubber backed. I love running this machine, its like driving a Ferrari on a race track every day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom