The drying game

Mikey P

Administrator
Choosing right chemicals, equipment should help cleaners dry carpet more quickly. By Taf Baig After the price question, “How long will it take to dry?” is the question customers ask us the most. Customers want to be inconvenienced as little as possible. They pretty much want their carpet to dry before you leave. So, how [...]

More...

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Not sure about cleaning at 200 psi, seems like you would be "misting" more than "flushing"
As far as dry times we have really low humidity this time of year.
Our rh drops significantly so dry times are never an issue. Just turned on my hygrometer 26% humidity at 69 degrees. Furnace running at least once every 15 minutes.
Cleaned a 2 bedroom apartment (those places get bone dry) in the winter with a Ninga, the first bedroom felt dry when the job was getting wrapped up.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
we run at 600 psi and with dry strokes the carpet is dry within two hours. for some reason when we use cobbs solvent protector and a studebaker fan, carpets are dry within one hour or less.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
balance.......balance........balance........that's the whole key...........to the best dry times........

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I fear Fire!
Other than that, very interesting concept.

So it can be mixed with rinse agents? Nah

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Ron,
You said 600psi up there.

I have to admit guys I feel kind of dumb right now and really wish we could be attending MF this year.
(Hopefully this case of Dumb is only a temporary moment in time) :lol:

Chris

Please don't send me to Ken, I confuse him, lol

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
My question is: If you rinse out the pre-spray that uses alcohol, Then how does it help dry faster? I do think that O2 rinse dries faster.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
We do not generally use airmovers after carpet cleaning.
I think airmovers make the process more invasive than it already is. Lowering RH by using HVAC and increasing circulation is all that is usually necessary to achieve respectable dry times.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Ron,
You said 600psi up there.

I have to admit guys I feel kind of dumb right now and really wish we could be attending MF this year.
(Hopefully this case of Dumb is only a temporary moment in time) :lol:

Chris

Please don't send me to Ken, I confuse him, lol
Yep, set it at 500- 600psi, normally, drops to about 400keyed. I bumped it a little over 6 yesterday cleaning a commercial berber, wanted to flush it out well. It was in a seniors complex suite. I never would have tried that with my old AW29 wand, even with a glide, 300 tops!

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Yep, set it at 500- 600psi, normally, drops to about 400keyed. I bumped it a little over 6 yesterday cleaning a commercial berber, wanted to flush it out well. It was in a seniors complex suite. I never would have tried that with my old AW29 wand, even with a glide, 300 tops!

Thanks for the clarification, now I know not to run out and crank er up. If I aint sure you can bet I will question it to death. Not much into lighting short fuses anymore, lol.

Chris
230-250's

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have an old Dir-Eaz Sahara that bounces around in the back of my van and occasionally comes out on shitty Berbers

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Thanks for the clarification, now I know not to run out and crank er up. If I aint sure you can bet I will question it to death. Not much into lighting short fuses anymore, lol.

Chris
230-250's

Thats what this board is for. When I started back in 92 my only source was a couple good cleaners, lots of bad cleaners, and the local suppliers. I sure bugged the crap out of them....
what about this, what about this, what about this, what about this, what about this, what about this, what about this, what about this. Then sort through the good and bad. Sure glad the suppliers knew what they were talking about. Biggest challenge with local suppliers is that they are not keeping up to date on what's happening. Their maintenance tech knows about Greenhorns and angled jets and glides but he thought I was nuts for running 15 flow. Very few cleaners here, most likely all over, are aware of the benefits of 2.5"hose. Its like moving your truck to within 50ft or whatever length of your 2" whip.

Reactions: GCCLee

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Putting rubbing alcohol in fresh water tank? if so is this safe to run threw the system? How many ounces in a 65 gallon fresh water tank?

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom