The Dwell ONE ultimate mobile carpet and tile cleaning unit

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
I do like the idea of constant water supply/apo. You can't do the bucket brigade on this one even if you wanted to!
For nearly 5 large I want chem metering....
A real 2hp motor draws nearly 20A, so that's one whole cord for the pump. That means both vacs and the APO are on the other cord. Wonder what vacs he uses?

Not sure how to define real for you. The Dwell#1 has a 2hp motor that draws less amps than a baldor 1.5. That is what I used to use. It's all about the copper. It is smaller by a hair too. It gets much better performance.
I know this because I switched 5 years ago. The 2hp motor is teamed with the discharge pump on one cord. The two three stage vac motors are on the other cord. Most of the time I unplug the garbage disposal for the vacs.
This is normally a designated 20amp breaker. So is the refrigerator. The 2 hp plugs in above counter. I plug the 2hp motor in almost everywhere. The dual 3 stage is where you need to be concerned.

Ametek 116765-13 are the 3 stage I am running. I'm looking to have a 6.6 two stage 110/230 volt Dwell#1 and Dwell#2 also. These new 6.6 motors are more powerful, less amp after 24 hour use and longer life.

The metering is so great on the Dwell#2. Today we cleaned a 10,000 sq. ft. ballroom in 8 hours with a Dwell#2 and a Roto-Vac XL

Reactions: Mikey P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Naw, you could still run the heater but you'd have to choke down the flow of the wand. Depending on the day, I run 4 cords with the worrier and kleenrite heater or 3 with the powr flite - too bad this unit couldn't be retrofitted with the vacuum heat exchangers- they're prettty fookin' hot with the 2000 watt kicker. I'm just curious of the amp draw for the pump. The pump-out shouldn't bring a vac cord above 15 amps.

I got a pump cart, but not a killer vac system to team up with it.Yet.

NewImage2_zps09ad06b6.jpg

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
hook up to the sink's hot water and nix the heater

I never use a heater. Only go the heater on board due to everyone being concerned about it. I did not invent the heater we assemble. Dwell Pro machines are insulated and indoors.
There is never an issue in a hotels. Prime your hot water and go. Condo's and homes are fine too. At what point do you fry the carpet? Water from your boiler is pretty hot. I know it can be limited but the Dwell#1 isn't
taking it in buckets.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Not sure how to define real for you......

Thats great info Mike!
The reference to a 'real' 2hp motor stems from some manufacturers (compressors come to mind) throwing out inflated numbers like 'peak hp'. My point was that an honest-to-goodness 2hp motor was going to take up a large part of a 20A circuit. Sounds like you were able to source a motor that was efficient enough to allow you to get the pump-out on the same cord, thats great.

I wasn't saying your motor wasn't a real 2 hp - quite the opposite.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Thats great info Mike!
The reference to a 'real' 2hp motor stems from some manufacturers (compressors come to mind) throwing out inflated numbers like 'peak hp'. My point was that an honest-to-goodness 2hp motor was going to take up a large part of a 20A circuit. Sounds like you were able to source a motor that was efficient enough to allow you to get the pump-out on the same cord, thats great.
I wasn't saying your motor wasn't a real 2 hp - quite the opposite.

Never a worry,. I'm always only answering questions. I'm no scientist. I just know I use it every day and it works really good in all the situations I put it in. With an SX-7 head I can run 1350psi. The discharge pump keeps up.

Reactions: dgardner

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Not to mention the heater plugs into the control box... So it must not use all the amps or another cord is required...

Yes, turn on the 2hp motor and your blowing a breaker. You get 80psi from your water source out of the wall.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
Then add in the inline heater, how do you supply that much power? And does the one being auctioned come with heat?

Good question: I think I will offer a heater to the winning bidder in due time when I have perfected it's housing. Give me a month or two

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
I like the idea of the unit....for certain circumstances where you have constant water in and water out possibilities.. BUT it would always bug me that those vac motors are so crammed in to such a small space. Premature failure can be expected from them cooking each other out.

Those vac motors are open to both ends. The previous inclosure was much tighter with no issue for several years. These 3 stage can be put through Hell and back. Dwell Pro goes in and cleans closed hotels during off season.
Two crews operating. One day and one night or sometimes one day and night. The machine always runs two shifts. 18 hours sometimes. Failure happens but not often.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
We didn't get to try the heater but we only had limited power outside at the experience and it had not power issues. It ran for almost 4 hours without an issue that I knew of and most who tried it liked the performance and overall setup of the unit that we were demoing.
Most portables have there vac motors crammed together it has to be a plus that these are not confined in a plastic shell and therefore will have less heat maybe affecting them.
Willy should get one of these and put it through its paces as I will defer to him as he uses portables daily.

It was 112 out there! The Dwell#1 ran non-stop. An hour in I realized there was no oil in the Cat Pump. I ran to Cat Pump and got there floor model qt. of oil. Thank God!
The vac motors and 2hp motor were both on 200 ft extension cords. No power outage or over heating.

dwellpro

Supportive Member
Name
m
'm counting 20 amps for the vacs if they're decent 3 stage motors. I checked today and my 2000 watt heater was 17.2 amps. The pump has to run at least 15 and as a 2 horse, likely 20. Where do you find the power to run all that, especially with the amp draw?

I'm Polish, we find away...

Willy P

Name
Willy P
cry babies who live in Vancouver

fit.

yeah, like the wiener who bought a propane tm , couldn't train his staff on how to light it,and whines about it still.........:winky:

(Glad I live in North Vancouver, otherwise I'd think it was me.)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Glad your here Mike. Lora pointed out I sure have a lot of Mike Friends., Mike,Mike, Mike, Mikey and Michael and Michael and I think I am forgetting a couple more LOL Mikeysboard is lucky to have Mike here. I know I am lucky to be his a friend.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Amp draw? The 2000 watt heater, as previously noted, is around 17 amps and can't keep up with decent flow, pump is at least 15, can't guess what the vacs are or the pump - out draw. Any rinse injection? Weight?
Port-A-Bill
Trying again to get some answers- Or were you warned about me?

Name
I'm Rick James
I love the No Quarter cover that tools does.. one of my favorite albums of all time.

To me your machine looks like a dolly with a pump and vac motors attached to it.. its harder to sell something when it looks like you can make it yourself. I would suggest working on the look of the machine to help sell it.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I think the point of his machine is that anyone can work on it as it has open design and everything is reachable/accessible easily. Why would you want to spend all of the time it take to r&d something to save a few hundred bucks, when you can buy one already done.

I am by no means a portable expert as we only own two, but I do think his unit is priced to sell at the price point he is selling them now.

Do you just want a shell or something around all of the components like all of the other portables?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
I'm Rick James
Go ahead and make your own than Brent.

Looks brilliant to those who dont second guess their whole lives.

Haha.. why would I want to make a portable..

To some it looks brilliant.. to others it looks like a dolly that was converted to hold a couple of vacs and pump. At that price, I would expect a little more to it.

Last edited:
Name
I'm Rick James
I think the point of his machine is that anyone can work on it as it has open design and everything is reachable/accessible easily. Why would you want to spend all of the time it take to r&d something to save a few hundred bucks, when you can buy one already done.

I am by no means a portable expert as we only own two, but I do think his unit is priced to sell at the price point he is selling them now.

Do you just want a shell or something around all of the components like all of the other portables?

That's what it is.. a portable.. for $4800. Is the machine suppose to break down a lot and that is why it needs to be an open design? For that price, I would like to get a little more with the product.

Name
I'm Rick James
A little more what housing to remove and cook your components?

Go buy a Mytee Escape Brent, it's perfect for you.

Something that doesn't look like you made it in your garage on a limited budget..

The escape is a beautiful looking machine.. but I am not a porty guy.

$4800 plus tax, you seriously think that is priced right for what you get? If so you must think John G machine is under priced.

You gonna ban me from this thread too Mike? If you ever wonder that's why I think what I think and seems dead on.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yeah, all those stupid hotels buying them...lol

I'm sure they are easier to work with than their previous portables.

If they didn't work, they wouldn't have bought more of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom