Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
image.jpeg

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I've been asking my customers if they use Angie's List for anything, and the majority have said no.
I had a guy who said he found a painter on there with a coupon so he had him come out, the guy did about 3/4 of the work and then just didn't come back. Of course he had been paid up front.
He said he would never use a company for anything anymore unless they were referred to him by a friend.
I just got a call the other day from Porch.com, they work with Lowes, and you pay them $200 a month to be a member. They have 4 companies per service industry and they refer you to the homeowners that have projects going on. They have a service booklet that they put an ad in to showcase your work and all that.
I'd try it, but you have to commit to 3 months and I'm uncomfortable with that. I could see one month but no way am I giving up $600 without knowing how well it would work.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
I've been asking my customers if they use Angie's List for anything, and the majority have said no.
I had a guy who said he found a painter on there with a coupon so he had him come out, the guy did about 3/4 of the work and then just didn't come back. Of course he had been paid up front.
He said he would never use a company for anything anymore unless they were referred to him by a friend.
I just got a call the other day from Porch.com, they work with Lowes, and you pay them $200 a month to be a member. They have 4 companies per service industry and they refer you to the homeowners that have projects going on. They have a service booklet that they put an ad in to showcase your work and all that.
I'd try it, but you have to commit to 3 months and I'm uncomfortable with that. I could see one month but no way am I giving up $600 without knowing how well it would work.
I wouldn't take one person's experience as the end all be all. I would check what your area looks like with companies that are paying to advertise and how many reviews those companies have. Angie's has been great to us.

Heard from porch as well. Can't find them anywhere online so it's hard to see how they can get us work. Have heard many other's blast them but we have no personal experience with them.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Yeah...I'm not taking his opinion as the end all, just kind of putting my feelers out for everyone's thoughts.
I just had my web guy add a link to my website that takes my customers to google reviews so I am going to see how that works out.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I have found that (just through general conversation) Angies list customers are pretty loyal to Angies list. Several customers have told me they find all their service providers through Angies, either big deals or just through reviews.
I have talked to porch as well in my area. The problem that I had with them was there is no guarantee that I will make any money. It seems like they are placing all the success of the program at the feet of their service providers (and taking their money) With a program like that I would be more comfortable with them taking a percentage or giving a refund if certain goals are not met. That way they have some skin in the game as well.
That is what I like about Angies list. They take a percentage so they have a vested interest in making sure I am getting work so they make their money too.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom