The EZ Tower Rug Drying Rack for Carpet Cleaners

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
100_0929.jpg

Here is one of our set ups that we built to hang rugs after fringe treatment, post washing. Rounded edges on the wood allow the rugs to slide off easy and don't require the use of round plastic hose that can cause rugs to roll off. We have 5 of these of various sizes, the largest of which is 12 ft wide, 7ft tall and has 12 poles.

Clark

If Ken wants an EZ Tower it will be my pleasure to send him one. His tower is the inspiration for the EZ Tower. If not I can send the hooks to be welded on his tower.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Ken

After you hang the rugs over the 2x4 when they dry do you have to stretch them to get the hump out from hanging like that?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ken, I second larry's question about getting the band out. I get it even when laying to dry on a rounded PVC pipe. So how do you get it out?
Also, how do you get the rugs to the top, just muscle lifting by hand? With the real heavy rugs it gets to be quite heavy.
Thanks
Ofer

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The ladder idea is interesting, but remember almost everything we hang is dry except for the fringe that is just damp. The wet rugs are in our 2nd story dry room on the automated hoist.

The heaviest rugs we hang on our tallest rack are 9 X 12, which when dry range from 50-120 lbs and we always use 2 people for large ones. the vast majority are 5 X 7 amd smaller so no problem for 1. Tthe pole is hung forist in front, filled up with rugs then shifted to the rear.

Because they are dry they do not get humps in them.

Ken

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
No Mike, we have a Moore system with 120 pole dry room. The slightly damp rugs hang vertically, but only from the very end, not in the middle. We wash and fill the room 4-5 days a week in the busy season.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Ken

Do you have any suggestions on how to use a system like the one in the video above?

It looks like on that ladder system they are using 5 or 6" drain pipe with wet rugs, we have a pulley system setup that uses 3" pipes and the bend in the rugs after drying is a pain.

Do you think using a larger drain pipe such as 6" would help cut down on the humping in the rug as it dries?

We are wanting to purchase a wringer system of some sort but at this time space is very limited so we just keep changing the system we use to dry at this time.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Larry~ I would imagine that the larger diameter would cut the lumping way down. I'd try it and see ad then if it does buy more.

Ken

harryhides

Name
Tony
Mike a Moore machine drying room has tons of beams carrying wet rugs that move slowly through a large drying room like this one.

DryingRm3.jpg

My own rug tower is much more modest but has an electric motor ( yellow - halfway down ) so that we can lift sopping wet rugs out of a submersion pit.
BTW we use 6" diameter drainage piping around the beams and so do not get any "humps or bumps" on our rugs.

RugBayOverview3.jpg

Clark

This is our 6 pole unit. It can be expanded to 26 poles. And can go over a pit.

Drytower07.jpg

Drytower01.jpg

Drytower08.jpg

Scott

Clark said:

Hi Clark. Nice to see you at SF.

Looks are probably deceiving but those links look awfully weak. You can use bigger links, can't you?

Scott

Clark

2200 pounds is the design weight for each side and 4400 pounds for each pole. Actual shear strenght is 3600 per cable. The weak link is the ring. All other parts will go to 7500 pounds each side. The cable is 1/4" 7x19. A 20 x 13 chinese full of water is 1000 pounds. 6000 pounds is not a real load for this tower.

Clark

The 6x13x10 Tower is $5300.00. This is with a 2000 pound winch as shown in the photo. Two men can install it. The EZ Tower is more mobil and storable the cost starts at $1495.00.

DUSTY

The pipe we are using is a 4"

If you are not using a centrifuge wringer then you most definitely need a pipe to prevent probs with a crease.

I am in turkey right now viewing a good number of rug cleaning operations and then ones that use a centrifuge wringer just hang on 2x4 or small diamerter 2" pipes.

Nathan Koets can even hang a tufted rug on his poles as he uses a very large cardboard concret form (wrapped in plastic) to spread out the load. These tufted rugs will streach severly so this is a good way to save your floor space.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What's the lead time on ordering the 6X13x10?
Do you offer on site construction?
or is it really simple?

Do you need to do any prep work to the floor prior to installation?

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
But of course I'm serious. I need one myowndamnself and thought that we could split the shipping cost. I'd assume that shipping would be on the high side due to the weight.

You got a problem with splitting shipping cost with someone from the "ShowMe State"?M

Ivan

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Can you cover your license plate? And don't ask about relative dating!

Absolutely no Croc's, not in Lawrence...unless you enjoy explaining that you already have a significant other.

We could have it shipped to the Lawrence building and you could pick it up there. It's just 20-minutes from KC on K-10.

Clark will we need a forklift to off load them?

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
That will work. I'm going to order one of his tillastrapping machines on the same load.

Will this rack fit into a WDR box truck?

Thanks,

Ivan

Let me know when you are ordering.

Scott

I saw the entire disassembled tower w/poles loaded into the back of Clark's pickup truck and it didn't take up much room at all.

Clark

A forklift makes it very easy. We stand them up with 3 people every day. I have done it with 2. You put it together on the floor and stand up one side at a time. I can put one together with 2 other people in 2 hours. I just completed new assembly drawing. I will post them later.

Assemby4PostCandD.jpg

Assemby3PostBandC.jpg

Assemby2PostAandC.jpg

Assemby1PostAandB.jpg

Check www.rugbadger.com under equipment and Towers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom