The Future of the Carpet Cleaning Industry is Getting Closer

DSC00023.jpg

I had a visit today from Tom with Manchester Tanks. He is their OEM representative. We are designing custom high-volume propane tanks for regular sized vans and specially-designed high-volume tanks for sprinter vans.

Another issue that I am addressing with the use of an propane system is the convenience of refilling your tank. We are having a custom propane tank designed that will hold 100 gallons of propane. You will be able to fill your own tanks on site. This will make keeping your tanks full very convenient. Your local propane supply company will simply top off the tank every 30 days just like if you were heating your home with propane. When you buy propane this way, it is a lot less expensive at a cost of around $1.90 to $2.25 per gallon.

The truckmount in the photograph is a propane-powered TNT. This unit has a factory propane 25 HP Kohler engine and with the use of the #4 Little Giant heater, this unit will consume 2 gallons of propane per hour with the performance of sustained 240 degrees on a high-flow wand under commercial carpet cleaning conditions.

DSC00026.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Re: The Future of the Carpet Cleaning Industry is Getting Cl

Sounds great. This could make you very rich!

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

harryhides

Name
Tony

It is easy to convert from Propane to Natural gas or the other way around.
Big advantage of both sources of fuel is that there is no pollution and both are legal to run indoors.
Fork lifts for example.

The next big change in our energy will be the switch from oil to shale gas. Large truck fuel suppliers ( truck stops ) like Pilot and trucking companies will soon be switching to shale gas.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners

Wow, some of you folks have access to some cheap propane. $2.25/gal in bulk?

And how many gallons of fantasy priced propane does a cleaner have to consume to offset the cost of this custom designed 100 gal tank?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

trucksnow.jpg

The 100-gallon propane tanks we bought to use with our TES trailer were in the $150.00 range, but they were not custom.

We have a 1000 gallon tank at home and we do buy in that price range, it varies with the season. We bought 300 gallons in March @ $2.09 a gallon.

My wife said the delivery truck just pulled away, 300 gallons @ $2.19 with a $30.00 discount if we pay before the 10th.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

sounds like i BETTER get wit the program....
how does proOgenie sound??? !gotcha!

John Olson

Name
John Olson

2glx2.25=4.5 per hour for Propane

or .75glx3.59=2.69 per hour for gas

Just doing the math :)

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

i'm thinking of a propane powered truck Direct Drive......
how many gal tank would that require to be realistic.......counting the heater?

Walt

Which tm only burns .75 gallon per hour? What kind of heat will it hold?

John Olson

Name
John Olson

The Prochem Peak GTX and the Legend GTX and both will hold 220 no problem.The 650 only burns 1gl per hour and 1.25 gallons on dual wand and will hold 230+

John

call joe harper A.S.A.P. he is running a prochem with a big motor like the 650, and he is spending $90.00 to $100.00 a day in gas.

he needs some help

thanks

les

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Because his big ass truck gets 7 miles to the gallon Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold

Bob Foster

Tell Joe his employees are putting lunch sodas and cigs on the gas card...every day. They love "filling up" every day. :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper

BINGO....!.... :oops:

The last 4 days it has been 77.00 a day average....!
That is on the GAS Isuzu & the MONSTER 805...fully loaded with equipment....!
This basically my son's UNIT.. He has been paying fuel...!

Our other DEISEL Isuzu..with the EVEREST 650 HP.....is 1/2 that of the GAS Isuzu... :shock:

With that being said....Fuel is still less than 5% of the GROSS....daily tickets .... :idea:

"Fuel & Chemicals"....are NOT a major concern with our production rates...!

ps KEN, I am sure you know your #'s...But I find it hard to believe that your BUTLER'S
can run all day...."On 10 gallons of FUEL".... :shock:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

not sure how many gallon Bob, but they had propane direct drives up here years ago when propane was 1/3 the price of gasoline.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Les not everything is an attack at you :p You posted numbers as if they where some how LESS then a standard gas driven HX machine which was WRONG as I very gently pointed out. Don't take being WRONG personal :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator

How many gallons per hour would that propane engine use minus the heater?

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Mikey P said:
How many gallons per hour would that propane engine use minus the heater?

You in the market for a Propane flood sucker?

Walt

John,

I went to the Prochem website to take a look at the Peak. Looks like a very nice unit. I have a buddy who is pleased with his - it's been very reliable.

Anyway, I noticed that it has a 25 hp Kohler - which is similar to the engine on Les's machine. I'm curious why there would be a discrepancy in fuel economy. At first I thought it might be the Little Giant heater, but it presumably uses .5 gallons per hour at full throttle.

So my question is, does Prochem use a modified Kohler engine? A blower that requires less hp? Are the numbers calculated with the engine under load? If so, what hg? Am I missing something.

Real world numbers become very important as fuel prices go up. A savings of just 2k year is a nice little vacation to Hawaii.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders

Les you kill me shiteatinggrin

Claiming that propane powered units with seperate burners are the future of the Carpet cleaning industry is like claiming a 65 Mustang is the future of the automotive industry. :lol: Sure it looks good and you can change the spark plugs etc. real easy, but drive one and compare it to todays vehicles. Oh and while I'm on a roll your 15 minutes of warm up time on slide in machines that you use in your fuel cost comparisons isn't even close to accurate with todays heat exchange tech.

and John O your fuel usage info is a bit off as an example the 650 uses 1.5 GPH single wand unless of course there is no load on the vacuum this is directly from Prochem. :p

Ok now that I've gotten all that off my chest I'd like to wish everyone a safe, sane and glorious 4th of July holiday weekend :!:

Bill

Mikey P

Administrator

You just wont find this kind interaction on any other Board.

God bless all of youz. :lol:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

Bill Bruders said:

Claiming that propane powered units with seperate burners are the future of the Carpet cleaning industry is like claiming a 65 Mustang is the future of the automotive industry. :lol: Sure it looks good and you can change the spark plugs etc. real easy, but drive one and compare it to todays vehicles. Oh and while I'm on a roll your 15 minutes of warm up time on slide in machines that you use in your fuel cost comparisons isn't even close to accurate with todays heat exchange tech.

and John O your fuel usage info is a bit off as an example the 650 uses 1.5 GPH single wand unless of course there is no load on the vacuum this is directly from Prochem. :p

Ok now that I've gotten all that off my chest I'd like to wish everyone a safe, sane and glorious 4th of July holiday weekend :!:

Hey Bill
I know what you mean. The newest vehicle I've been driving was an 89 Mazda B2200. Good little truck, reliable, and I could work on it.
NOW, I've 07 Ford Freestyle. Scares me to check the oil! let alone do any repairs. Dang thing is all computerized.
I had a Big Red and that Perkins I think only burned a gallon/hr, an 8gal tank sure went a long way. And it was fairly easy to work on. But it was heavy on maintenance.
I've seen the new slideins, really slick in their ingenuity, they look really efficient, small footprint, just looking like a 2011 tm would look like. But if anything went wrong, what are they like to work on.
And Les' units, cant get much simpler. Really easy to work on the rare time its needed.

A tm for everyone.

Bill

THIS POST IS FOR DIRECT DRIVE UNITS:

Ok, guys lets get down to some real world numbers.

You have a van that gets 15 mpg at 60 mph, you drive 1 hr!

How much gas did it take to drive 1 hr?

What rpm is the motor running when driving 60 mph?

What rpm is the motor running when cleaning carpet?

Bill Bruders said:

Bill

Bill,

Propane and Compressed Natural Gas are the future of the carpet cleaning industry. It won't be long until there is a Sapphire propane or compressed natural gas truckmount.

Out of all the truckmount mfg. in the world, we build the most proven system that's ever been built and ever will.
Your analogy of the '65' Mustang car versus a new car is a great analogy if we are riding in a car.
But lets take this concept into the carpet cleaning industry, lets say you take a 28 year old Judson TNT like Mike Ramsey has in Spartanburg. This unit will produce 400 cfm 240 degree's sustained highflow on commercial applications, and we connect this truckmount to a wand.

Now we get a brand new heat exchange machine that has 400 cfm and a claimed 240 degrees sustained temperature and connect it to the same wand. What is going to happen differently at the wand? The wand does not know what truckmount that it is connected too!

The difference is that the Judson truckmount has a proven record of being the simplest to operate, the simplest to repair, not requiring any special mechanics. Judson purposefully uses common parts. We absolutely do not custom any proprietary parts, apparatus's, mechanisms or devices.

When it gets down to what it's all about. It's all about making money with a truckmount, and when a truckmount is not running, it's a very serious problem, because you are out of business. With a Judson unit, this situation is minimized as much as possible. 95% of the time we can have our customer's back up and running in just a few hours. One example of this is a customer will call me and say hey Les my engine is not running. I will tell him to try a few things over the phone and if that doesn't work, I send him to a local lawn mower shop, because we use common engines. There is only about 80,0000 lawn mower shops in america.

There is one thing that I do not understand, why don't all truckmount mfg. just post what the performance actually is for their truckmount, like Judson does.
If a 50+ HP motor running at the rpm needed to produce heat, which is what would have to be done to come even close to the Little Giant #4 heater. It's going to burn more than 1.5 gallons of gas per hour.

Joe Harper and lots of other carpet cleaners that I know running big engine slide-in's say when they run their unit's at the highest rpm, which is needed to produce heat, their truckmount consumes a tremendous amount of fuel.
I'm going to give an guesstimate until I get more engine spec's, but I would say a fair guess would be 2.5 - 3.0 gallons of gas per hour.

I really don't see any problem with this number. If someone wants the convenience of not buying propane, and is willing to give up longevity and reliability and simplicity and give up the use of common parts and not being able to repair the unit themselves and having to use proprietary parts, just to have this convenience.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

I posted the numbers. The 650 runs at the same RPM's of the Hyundai Elantra at around 50mph. Hyundai claims 40mpg on the highway which works out to 1.25gph which is the numbers I have on my spec sheet. The Prochem Peak runs at .75-1gph which most closely matches what your machines are. Les I think you make a great entry level machine I really do. Sapphire makes a good machine, Prochem makes good machines and even HydraMaster gets a good machine to come out of the factory every once in awhile.

Point is if your going to throw figures out don't get pissy if someone points out your wrong and the same goes for me. Bill said I was wrong and if I am I will stand corrected and ask for an explantion why Bill has different documents from Prochem then I have Ivebeensold :shock: :lol:

There are more then enough folks that like Kmart to keep you in buisness for a very long time so don't get worried or angry...wait maybe you better be worried .... LOL I crack myself up... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just having fun Les you know I love you likle a brother!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom