The Infamous Pink Flyer

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I have JP's original pink flyer and I think I've got some Piranha members versions somewhere on my
laptop. Question, does a good portion of the content rub you wrong? I'm trying to keep an open mind
but I keep coming back to it being a little f...... weird.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
If it's the same pink postcard I have scanned in and saved to my computer, you have good reason to be rubbed wrong.

Take care,
lisa

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
IT seemed to me like if the client doesn't react with a sale. Each sequential mailing intiminates the prospect more and more to goat them into a purchase.

Bully marketing?

I personally would never use it.

gregvice

Unless there is another JP Pink flyer, The replys above are not related to it. The one I have is not a post card, nor is it a sequential mailing piece. Its an 11 X 17 page, that folds into a booklet. I haven't used it yet, but I might give it a try.

Has any one used the 11 X 17 pink flyer with any success?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have seen it many times( And may have it somewhere) is a sequential mailing and it gets rougher with each mailing and at end is practically saying, What the hell is wrong with you for not acting on the mailing yet?"

It seems to me that it is a very abusive way to form a client relationship.

John Watson

If I may be so bold, I think they are talking about Big Jim Woverton's pink letter when he was writing and getting stuff copyrited for and with Joe P.

I have heard both good and bad on it.

gregvice

John, you are correct. Jim Wolverton is mentioned on ta JP audio I have regarding the pink flyer.

Dave, I believe what you are referring to is Joe's "3 step letter", which may or may not be pink, but he does call it the 3 step letter, which is a sequential mailing piece, which does kind of ask...."hey why haven't you called me yet, I sent you two other letters so far, don't you want your free cleaning " not is so many words, but it gets the message across. Any one using it?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
The "original" pink flyer is more than a dozen years old. It's since been morphed into dozens of variations, from postcards to letters to flyers to web copy. The content varies based on the type of method/message the member wants to promote. And actually, since all of this is electronically available in our library (there are more than 900 campaigns in the member library) - they can edit and enhance anything they want to.

Sometimes it's easier for people to take something proven to work and tweak it and roll out with it... other people want to craft something from scratch based on the direct response elements we teach - we have quite a few outstanding copywriters who love to design and test new campaigns.

So... if someone finds anything "pushy" - they can adjust it... but most purely find it entertaining, and educational. These days especially, you need to do something to grab attention, because the world is very distracted these days.

The Pink Flyer is typically used to canvass "cold lists" on a repeated quarterly cycle. Some members rotate the colors from pink to yellow to green to blue. They include it in newspapers, or they hand-deliver.

It has a high ROI... but is not my personal choice in generating new business for my company. I like direct referrals, so I do sequential mailing to a much more targeted list, using grabbers and headlines to add "theatre" to my campaigns... but... I have a much higher average invoice, and am much pickier about the clients I want than most in this business are.

Point is... there are hundreds of strategies to choose from - if you don't love one in particular - then pick another one.

But what you should NOT do, is make a decision without real data. If the flyer does not work for you, adjust it until it does, or try another campaign. I know some of the things I did not think would work well have... and others I thought would kick butt did not... so I try to get my head out of the mix and just focus on a market test to make my decisions.

None of us are our own clients - so it's dangerous to think you know what they will or won't respond to.

Lisa

Bob Foster

LisaWagnerCRS said:

None of us are our own clients - so it's dangerous to think you know what they will or won't respond to.

So true Lisa!

I wish I could have back the 50-75% of the dollars I have ever spent on advertising just because "I had it all figured out."

Bob Foster

The reality is advertising is not just an empirical discipline but also an art that goes far beyond sensing people's needs.

The most basic requirement of effective advertising expenditure is to first tracking its effectiveness and then count the return on money coming in.

craigholland

We use both the 'pink flyer' and the 3 step letter all the time. We get a decent ROI on them and we don't get any complaints from clients / prospects.

Craig Holland

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom