The Man, the Myth, the Legend..

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I just saw the thread title. Man, you're alright mate. My own thread.

I'd like to thank my mum, my - er - ah - we'll... Me.

Grant

Reactions: Mikey P

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Boy, there is a lot of anxious energy on mb today I see.

I will say sometimes it is fun to crack a smart one but I would never crack one if it could possibly have a negative effect on my biz or bottom line.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
All that technology, and you still gotta change out washers for flow restrictors???

before I went with the high flow kit....I never changed mine...I found the one that worked with my machine and the way I cleaned and that's the one I stayed with.....

Mikey P

Administrator
good lord Cobb, for a guy who wanted to blow stanky moist waste tank air back into homes so you and Ken Harris could make a buck off idiots, you got some nerve to pick on the world's greatest rotary extractor.

Mike Draper

I love my hoss so much I now have 2 of them.
On a different note, each August I have an apartment complex with 30, 6 bedroom units. They all range in size from 750-950 sq ft of cleanable carpet. This guy has used pretty much all the carpet cleaners in town for the last 20 years. I was cleaning next complex over from his ( lots of apartments at the university) and he came over to see my work. He told me he was going to replpace all the carpet in his apartments because it doesn't clean up well and is trashed. I knew it was because guys go in there with a wand only and hack it up for .6 cents a foot. I went over a put my hoss to work on his apartment living room, being a college apratment complex it was really trashed, on the plus side it was a really quality cut pile nylon. It looked like new carpet when I was done. I ran the HOSS on all his apartments and will this year as well. I really like the machine and it is really built to last. Its a money maker for sure.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
good lord Cobb, for a guy who wanted to blow stanky moist waste tank air back into homes so you and Ken Harris could make a buck off idiots, you got some nerve to pick on the world's greatest rotary extractor.

Mikey, ease up on the controversy on the topic. At least until the current patent lawsuit settles whether the idea belongs to Kenada or Texas.

Reactions: GeeeAus

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Very cool meeting Keith at MF10. He stayed up way late with us hacks and was a great sport when guys were giving him a hard time about that Stryker wand.

The Hoss seemed like a great tool when I swung it around a little at the Fest.

The Clean Machine

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Please tell us did you get more cash for the job or just six cents
I love my hoss so much I now have 2 of them.
On a different note, each August I have an apartment complex with 30, 6 bedroom units. They all range in size from 750-950 sq ft of cleanable carpet. This guy has used pretty much all the carpet cleaners in town for the last 20 years. I was cleaning next complex over from his ( lots of apartments at the university) and he came over to see my work. He told me he was going to replpace all the carpet in his apartments because it doesn't clean up well and is trashed. I knew it was because guys go in there with a wand only and hack it up for .6 cents a foot. I went over a put my hoss to work on his apartment living room, being a college apratment complex it was really trashed, on the plus side it was a really quality cut pile nylon. It looked like new carpet when I was done. I ran the HOSS on all his apartments and will this year as well. I really like the machine and it is really built to last. Its a money maker for sure.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
So, how long before we're not allowed to mention C**b either? :winky:

Charles Barkley don't care what you say about him....

Stud's the real deal.
I had the pleasure of meeting him in Nashville(?)
We were talking about tools when I discovered and then commented ,

"so, you're the guy that designed that POS tool?"

yea I said it just like that
(for those that don't know me in real life, I'm the same azzhole face to face as on here)

His reaction and further conversation demonstrated clearly to me there's nothing phoney or FOS about the guy.
That alone makes a man al'ite in my book...add his good sense of humor and easy going nature makes him a guy that's good to be around

on top of that, anyone that can get guys to stand in line to spend $700 on a barn fan with mAgic lOOvers is "da man" in book

pee-ess...
Just a quick mention on the Stryke-out wand...a few mods/tweeks here and there, and it "might" of been a great tool.
I don't think it was Stud's doing to manufacture it as CHEAP as possible with plastic parts and marketing it at a stupid price (based on construction) ...which IMO was the wand's undoing from the start

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
pee-ess...
Just a quick mention on the Stryke-out wand...a few mods/tweeks here and there, and it "might" of been a great tool.
I don't think it was Stud's doing to manufacture it as CHEAP as possible with plastic parts and marketing it at a stupid price (based on construction) ...which IMO was the wand's undoing from the start

I played around with that wand for awhile...tested a few things on it...but the one I used had the conventional handle and trigger...not the big blue thingy........used the same orifice disk technology as the hoss with allowing you high flow flush...but still maintaining great heat.....once it got dialed in...it was a great wand...If I did not have to give it back it would of been my everyday wand..............

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
How's the Hoss vs Zipper?

You've asked to compare two tools that couldn't be more different than each other.

Zipper = Ultra fast, Mega flushing, Fast drying. I own 2, and couldn't operate my business without them.

Hoss 700 = Ultra Slow, Insane restorative cleaning ability, Smooths and Blends worn traffic lanes. I sold mine to Billy Lewis, It just didn't fit into my business model, as I don't do allot of trashed resi carpet, when I do, I use a combo of Insane flow (24) and a post padding with an Orbot or Trinity to bring the nap back to life and remove any remaining stains.

View attachment 4617View attachment 4618

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I'v met Keith a few times, great guy! He even picked up the tab at MF Nashville, very cool:icon_cool:
Mike tried to stir the pot between the two of us (all in fun) he didn't even flinch.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom