The Man, the Myth, the Legend..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Everybody knows that Keith is a class act.
And somebody that always tries to think out of the box and produce something that is better.

It is people like him, who always try to come up with something new and better that improve this industry. So though I did not find the Stryker to be to my liking, I still appreciate the attempt. Not to talk about all the other great stuff he came up with.

Keep on the good work, Keith.

Name
I'm Rick James
You've asked to compare two tools that couldn't be more different than each other.

Zipper = Ultra fast, Mega flushing, Fast drying. I own 2, and couldn't operate my business without them.

Hoss 700 = Ultra Slow, Insane restorative cleaning ability, Smooths and Blends worn traffic lanes. I sold mine to Billy Lewis, It just didn't fit into my business model, as I don't do allot of trashed resi carpet, when I do, I use a combo of Insane flow (24) and a post padding with an Orbot or Trinity to bring the nap back to life and remove any remaining stains.

View attachment 4617View attachment 4618

I am looking at getting a new cleaning tool.. the zipper looks like its a great tool and like you I don't do a lot of nasty carpets. is there any downside to the zipper?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
For me, there have been no downsides, and I use the shit out of them. They aren't for homes full of furniture, but large empty houses they are a dream

Name
I'm Rick James
For me, there have been no downsides, and I use the shit out of them. They aren't for homes full of furniture, but large empty houses they are a dream

Most of my houses are furnished.. so probably about the same maneuverability as a rotary in a furnished house?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I would say the 13" with dual hole glides and the new wand style handle will be your best bet, insane dry times and mega flush action. I will be upgrading my 13" head to a wand style, keeping my 15" the T handle

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have bit my tongue long enough......

I have been testing the square polymer vacuum shoes on my Hoss since just after MF in February......what a difference that it made on this machine.......and just like a glide on a wand.....they brought this machine to another level of clean...I did a number of side by side comparisons with the metal and the polymer... it was already smooth with a great recovery with the metal ones...the square polymer made it feel like it was just hovering over the carpet....but still standing the pile up and giving me better recovery and dry times...

P5090244_zps966e726e.jpg

Not to long ago I installed the round polymer vacuum shoes on my other Hoss...Got a great clean...but my dry times were not as good...If you are running a real high flow truck mount...then you will need the square ones...If you are going to run the Hoss with a portable........then you will need the round ones.....

P5090245_zpsb6c78056.jpg

IMO...you are not going to find a better rotary out there.........from flow to recovery...this thing is made to cater to every applacation out there from portables to high performance truck mounts.....It will flush everything out of the carpets..hold the heat in the fibers and still give you the best dry times of any one of them out there.....Polymer vacuum shoes..was just the icing on the cake.....

P5090242_zpsbd9a010b.jpg

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
It looks like the spray bars do not line up with the vacuum slots. It seems to me that they could be aligned better, resulting in better cleaning and drying.

The first thing I did with my 4 jet Rotovac was to remove the 2 short nipples and replace with 2 longer ones to match the jet position of the other 2. Now all 4 jets have a vacuum pick up and I don't have to worry about over wetting in the center if I want to move slow.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jim, thanks for the review, just curious:

1. Were the end results significantly better with the square glide than the metal glides?
  2. How long, assuming 5 full days a week. Do the square glides last, before they flatten out?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim, thanks for the review, just curious:

1. Were the end results significantly better with the square glide than the metal glides?
  2. How long, assuming 5 full days a week. Do the square glides last, before they flatten out?

side by side the carpets were drier with the polymer square ones....in the time that I have used them I have put them on just about every carpet out there including some wool area rugs.......

I have had them on my Hoss since around the end of February....I use my Hoss...5 to 6 days a week...3 to 4 jobs a day...
aside from a few scratches from going over a tack strip...they are not showing any type of wear.....

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

Looking at photo of all three extraction heads ;
View attachment 4628
It's pretty obvious that they shortened the actual length of each vac slot on the polymer versions.

It looks like at least a 33% decrease in slot length on the polymer designs.

Do you think that higher airspeed in the shorter slot,

accounted for the increased recovery ??

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim;

Looking at photo of all three extraction heads ;
View attachment 4628
It's pretty obvious that they shortened the actual length of each vac slot on the polymer versions.

It looks like at least a 33% decrease in slot length on the polymer designs.

Do you think that higher airspeed in the shorter slot,

accounted for the increased recovery ??

Larry

I do not know......

Reactions: dealtimeman

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

Looking at the two TM extraction heads:

1. They look to have roughly the same surface area for contact with the carpet.

2. They both have leading slots

3. Slots are only about two-thirds the length on the polymer TM design.

Decreasing the slot length on an identical blower system,

should increase the lift generated at the carpet interface.

And consequently, the slot air velocity.

Same principle as Hydramaster did on the RX-20 HE.

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim;

Looking at the two TM extraction heads:

1. They look to have roughly the same surface area for contact with the carpet.

2. They both have leading slots

3. Slots are only about two-thirds the length on the polymer TM design.

Decreasing the slot length on an identical blower system,

should increase the lift generated at the carpet interface.

And consequently, the slot air velocity.

Same principle as Hydramaster did on the RX-20 HE.

Larry

If you are referring to the half slot...cone jet head....then I don't think we are comparing apples to apples.......but this is pretty standard across the board when it comes to comparing the Hoss with any rotary out there......

On the RX you have metal vacuum shoes that planted them self's down on the carpet and locked on...just like a UN-glided wand..loss of air flow..so then..RX came out with the half slot vacuum shoes.....we already had a full slot planted down onto the carpet...and now we have a half slot locked down...most people did not really like them and went back to there full slots because the dry times with the half slots were honorably bad...........Finally...someone came out with a glide for the RX ..( just like our wands )and it brought this rotary to a entire different level.....

Hoss has there metal vacuum shoes...but they are entirely different from any other.....out of the gate you are already getting better recovery and dry times because they are not thin like all the others..they are wide and rounded.. and they have a grove cut into them and allow the air to flow...so they are not locked down to the carpet...square polymer...same theory from what I see.....not quite as rounded and groves cut into the leading edge......the rounded polymer for portables is not grooved...but when I put them on my Hoss..it was like the machine was on a smooth sheet of ice.....it got away from me a few times because it moved so easy.....but with a high flow..my recovery was not as good....with a lower flow....like portables..it will work great...this could also explane why some people liked the half slots and found they worked better for them....(?)..

then add in the way the water is delivered.....all others are lifted and they spray...........the hoss uses flow bars and everything is low to the fibers and has a very fast flush and recovery..........

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
How much do you think the metal Hoss vacuum shoes make a difference In drying? The video claims a squeegee effect from one side of the shoe being deeper than the other side.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Everybody knows that Keith is a class act.
And somebody that always tries to think out of the box and produce something that is better.

It is people like him, who always try to come up with something new and better that improve this industry. So though I did not find the Stryker to be to my liking, I still appreciate the attempt. Not to talk about all the other great stuff he came up with.

Keep on the good work, Keith.
In lab testing the air volume and lift through the Stryker/Evolution wands was far better than any other wand tested. Like a good intake runner, the absence of angles produced the smoothest airflow. The next best were the wands with the tube coming into the top of the head, the worst were the ones with a tube coming into the back of the head - lots of turbulance to overcome. If all wands followed the smooth flow design maybe we wouldn't need big blowers.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
In lab testing the air volume and lift through the Stryker/Evolution wands was far better than any other wand tested. Like a good intake runner, the absence of angles produced the smoothest airflow. The next best were the wands with the tube coming into the top of the head, the worst were the ones with a tube coming into the back of the head - lots of turbulance to overcome. If all wands followed the smooth flow design maybe we wouldn't need big blowers.

Bryan;

Having worked on many auto cylinder heads, I am in favor of any lab airflow testing.

The Stryker was sapphir_ design, and Evolution was U.S. products design.

Who tested all of these wand designs together ?

Is the actual flow data available ?

Larry

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bryan, with all due respect for lab testing. (Regardless of who sponsored them.) The reality was that most cleaners in the field did not like these wands.

If they're that great, they should fix the flaws, straighten the kinks and come up with a great wand. Most cleaners will switch in a heartbeat, if these wands offered a serious advantage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T. and JS41035

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
PTL testing. Wands are a part of every equipment test, and every manufacturer specifies the wand they want use, so it's easy to make observations. There were 20+ wands in the lab when I was there. I don't know if wands by themselves were a part of the SoA protocol, so a comparative listing of wand by wand data may not have been recorded.

From the US Products website:
...By having our extractors re-tested at Professional Testing Laboratory using the Evolution, all of our extractors that were previously Bronze certified, moved up to GOLD certified...

Ofer,
The feel of the wand doesn't matter to the test protocol, but obviously the wands haven't had mass acceptance so there's work to be done to make them more user friendly. Sort of like driving a race car on the street; capable but not comfortable.

Last edited:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
What were the issues with these wands? Was lack of acceptance a poor performance issue or was it a difficulty in handling issue?

Grant

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom