The most powerful portable available?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Not the most powerful ever. Only an idiot or a cheater would leave it in his truck. Only has a 220 psi diaphragm pump, how much pressure or flow do you think you will get at over 100 feet? EDIC makes machines with 210 inches of lift with just 2 old fashioned 5.7 3 stage vacuums. It's a good portable machine for PORTABLE work. Lightweight and capable of autofill and dump. Why they feel the need to over sell is beyond me.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I hate the word "electric truckmount". Why do they feel the need to compare these machines to a truckmount? It has a purpose...To be PORTABLE with the convenience of going where tm hoses can't go. Just market it at that. I highly doubt it has the water pressure/flow and heat of a truckmount.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
If they used the same vacs in both machines series then parallel.

130 inch in parallel and over 200 in series.

We got over 200 with lamb 3 stage vacs in series in the 80's

130ish in parallel.

But we only plumbed 1 1/2 inch out let's.

I have to believe is they only got 80 inch on 2 vac that's parallel not series and they are the tiny 2 stage vacs that will only go to 150-160 in series.

Still the vacuum out of the cfx with 50 ft of 2 inch in Phoenix was insane.

If I were to get a porty I would want a 500 psi 2 three stage machine in case I wanted to light tile rinsing.

On anything I couldn't reach with my truckmount.

This thing would be beast with a 360i with flood jets where water pressure isn't always needed.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Maybe with a 500 psi pump it would matter that it has good vacuum.
220psi on that demo model is a mistake in my opinion.
For a restoration contractor it would probably be pretty good since it is 2 basic circuits to use...don't have to look for the 20 amp circuit.
Was the pump out optional?
What does that do to the 2 - 15 amp circuits if you are using the pump out I wonder...
My Ninja only has one vacuum motor so not sure about the comparison of the demo.
Electric Truckmount is BS.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I would mount a bigger pump on the outside of the machine somewhere.
Easy access with a dip hose in the solution tank

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would mount a bigger pump on the outside of the machine somewhere.
Easy access with a dip hose in the solution tank
That's what I do for hard surfaces. I have a 1200 psi pump that sits on top of my old ninja. Solution feed and bypass just drop into the existing solution tank.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Ill take the higher Vac Hg over PSI.
The lower psi can be compensated with a CRB.
My concern is the small waste tank with powerful vac combo. I would think waste water would be sucked through vacs often if not dumped frequently.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ill take the higher Vac Hg over PSI.
The lower psi can be compensated with a CRB.
My concern is the small waste tank with powerful vac combo. I would think waste water would be sucked through vacs often if not dumped frequently.
Depends on the filter set up and how the incoming water is diverted. The only problem I have with it is how they market it. At 87 lbs, it's probably one of the best machines in its class. Maybe they need to get their vac gauge recalibrated or something. Their comparative test is laughable. I have several portables and even my old beat up ninja with vac motors on their last legs pull 135 inches. Any machine pulling only 80 inches has something wrong with it, or the test.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It would work, but you would have to add another 15 amp circuit.

No mention of CFM, so that means to get the CFM the lift would drop dramatically, and vice versa.

Looks good as a portable though.
looking at the specs for the vacuum motors, I think the cfm is about 170. Not the most powerful but respectable. If they were to offer it with a 500 psi pump, they would probably have to have one power cord at 20 amps. As is, with 2 15 amp cords, using it as a portable with 2 inch hose, I think you will get pretty good dry times.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So Ron what is the best portable to buy off the shelf now?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So Ron what is the best portable to buy off the shelf now?
Depends on what you are cleaning. This monsoon would be great for condos and apartments. A little weak on pressure but you can make up for that with heavier prespray and scrubbing. I like the Mytee non-heated portables, particularly, the speedster line up. Most need at least one 20 amp circuit but they do have some that can operate on 2 15 amp circuits. Most of them are a parallel set up which gives you more airflow (CFM) and I believe, drier carpets. The larger Mytee machines can be awkward to work with because of the weight.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Did you test it yet ?
I haven't tested the Monsoon but I have the same vacuum set up in a new CFX machine. The vacuum is awesome, 20 inches mercury. I wouldn't use it as a truck mount but for portable work it probably doesn't get much better. I have a machine that has the same 220 psi pump and with a 3 flow wand it only gets 160 psi. I would like more pressure but on that machine it would probably need one power cord to be at 20 amps. I haven't seen the Monsoon in person yet but I like the weight and overall design. The only thing I dislike is their testing comparison. Doesn't make any sense. I usually have a 35-40 foot hose set up for my high performance portables. Sometimes with a 1.5 inch whip, sometimes 2 inch all the way, depending on which tool or wand I'm using. I think that would work great with the Monsoon.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
All that Vac power- at 88lbs and that price!
Its very tempting.

Guys- more PSI in a Porty increases, the weight, electrical needs and the price. This is a well balanced combo, IMO.
About another 35 lbs for proper 500 psi pump. Can't beat the price. If I needed another portable, I'd be tempted. With weak pressure you need to do a heavier prespray, use a hydra-force, scrub heavy traffic areas like you should be doing anyway, think about an inline heater with a separate cord.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
There's a competitor's "similar" porty available with heat and 500 psi at Twice the price and weight AND Needs Two 20 amp circuits!
I think Rotovac's less endowed porty would be less headache in the long run.

It's about trade-offs and what is important to the user.
The trick is to adapt your tool selection to the requirements of the job.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Early 1970s portables were very heavy, several had separate units for pressure and vacuum.

The trusty 175 was my friend from the very beginning, and still is. It levels the playing field when there is otherwise a shortage of any part of the cleaning pie.

scotty747

500 psi heated cobra. First job I went to do the pump had frozen overnight. Didn't clean another carpet for 2 years when I bought my friends electromount and built my own heater. Another 2 years till I bought a used hydracat which I still have.

Name
Jeff T
I did a VLM job one city over yesterday. It was in a section of the city I’m rarely in (downtown core).
I was surprised to see 9 new condo buildings at various degrees of completion.
All I could think was....
I need a porty.....

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom