The names have been changed to protect the innocent ......

Name
I'm Rick James
Re: The names have been changed to protect the innocent ....

Lee Stockwell said:
HM disty in AZ....connect the dots.

Can you help me connect the dots, I think if a company is going to basically scam people in our industry then we should know their names. The dude should get his $600 back or majority of it.

I say call them out so it can be avoided in the future with other cleaners.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Wile E. Coyote said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":2tr5y370]HM disty in AZ....connect the dots.

Can you help me connect the dots, I think if a company is going to basically scam people in our industry then we should know their names. The dude should get his $600 back or majority of it.

I say call them out so it can be avoided in the future with other cleaners.[/quote:2tr5y370]

although I am here to represent the cleaners...this is not my fight...if my friend wants to do something about it...that is up to him and no one else...

I was only wondering if there was something that I was missing ..because to me it just did not seem right....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

The problem Jim is we'll never know till we hear the other side of the story.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin

I wonder how much they would have charged to repair and install the part.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Seems extreme for not having it in inventory.

If they had it on the shelf it would make a little more sense in that they paid for it and it sits until purchased, therefore they rightly deserve to make a larger margin off of it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Richard C. said:
Seems extreme for not having it in inventory.

If they had it on the shelf it would make a little more sense in that they paid for it and it sits until purchased, therefore they rightly deserve to make a larger margin off of it.

no problem with that
But Jim said the "dude" ordered it, paid for it and the shipping too.

sounds like the dusty did NOTHING 'cept unload it off the truck ??

"if" the story can be taken at face value .
(I believe Jim is telling the whole story as he knows it)

..L.T.A.

Doug Rice

Supportive Member

It does sound as though HM tried to help out. They have always been very helpful when I call them. It seems as though you had done all the work and the dealer reaped the reward. What you are missing is VASELINE.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Doug :lol:

At least they could have kissed him first? A little foreplay? NAWWWW Raped! :shock:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Ken Snow said:
The problem Jim is we'll never know till we hear the other side of the story.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

it pretty simple..there was no other involvement...there is no other side to the story.....that was it...my friend paid for it...took care of all the leg work to find it and installed it...there only involvement was the receiving it......nothing more....

I helped him with this...the broken blower sat on my bench for over a week...Tia made calls..I made calls...he made calls...we exhausted every resource....He finally found one..( a used one ) but it could not be sold to him..it had to be sold to a distributor...

to be fair...if they wanted to charge $100 bucks for there small involvement...what ever..but $600...to me that is just way over the line...

but like I said..it is not my fight...or any one else's...I just have been stewing about it because it does not seem right and I just wanted to know if I was missing something...

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach

Jeez, we're not getting anywhere. Would you just tell us who the scumbag distributor is?

F

FB7777

It's strange that HM would tell your friend what he was going to charge the distributor

Stranger still that the distributor would charge so excessively especially if they knew your friend was aware of the cost.

Any Card processing charges and/ or minimal disty handling time may warrant a $100 bump but $600 is ridiculous

Name
Lee Stockwell

Dealer LocatorEnter your zip code below to find a HydraMaster Dealer near you.

From HM's website:

Interlink Supply by Bridgepoint240 South Mulberry Street
MESA, AZ 85202
(480)967-0982

TSI Supplies821 West Broadway
TEMPE, AZ 85282
(480)784-0400

TSI Sub-store-N Phoenix20802 North 19th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85027
(623)445-2000

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

It's strange that HM would tell your friend what he was going to charge the distributor

No that is not how it went...after we exhausted all our resources my friend was going to just bite the bullet and see if he could get a new one...so he called HM and they said that they are back ordered until the middle of January....
( mind you this was around Christmas).....my friend told him that he could not wait that long and that he was an O/O and needed a blower..HM told him that they had a used one in the back and the guy would check it out and give him a call...the guy called back and told my friend that the used blower seemed to be in pretty good shape and would sell it to him for X amount of dollars...so my friend said he would take it..But HM told him he could not sell it to him because it could only be sold to a distributor...so my friend got a hold of the distributor and asked them if they could receive the blower for him and they charged him $600 bucks..

Connor

Name
Connor

For that 600 bucks in markeup and handling, it better have a helluva warranty. :roll:

But I am sure it doesn't have anything but a hollow empty dead feeling inside.

PCCN

RGH269 said:
Sounds like Inter----

TOTALLY AGREE !!!!!!!

(These guys have forgotten why they are in business anyway. Recently was told they now have higher weekend equipment rental rates because they realized that the cleaner who rents the equipment from them for long periods of time doesn't give our customers a discount, so why should they [Inter....]. They used to tell customers that they succeeded by helping us to succeed, but they totally changed that game plan and now just want to make money off our hard work instead of customer support.)

PCCN

KevinL said:
Jeez, we're not getting anywhere. Would you just tell us who the scumbag distributor is?

Yep, tell us so we all can avoid adding to their bank account!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Did he know it was going to be $600.00 before he accepted the deal? Or did they suprise him with it after the fact? If he knew the price but needed it anyway but is now complaining then he really put it on himself. However if he didn't know until the end then that's wrong and hard to justify.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Richard C. said:
Did he know it was going to be $600.00 before he accepted the deal? Or did they suprise him with it after the fact? If he knew the price but needed it anyway but is now complaining then he really put it on himself. However if he didn't know until the end then that's wrong and hard to justify.

Yes he knew...he knew that they were going to charge him the $600..that was what they quoted him when he asked......but he was in a jamb and had no choice...he needed to get his equipment back on the asphalt making money....

He is not complaining....he paid the $600 and is happy to be back up and running....to be honest..I am probably stewing about more then him...that is why I keep saying this is not my fight..I did not ask this question to form a lynch mob and hang anyone...I have been stewing about this and wondering if there was something that I just did not understand.....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

From about ten people I spoke to, of which three were tuthill dealers , that tuthill is proprietary and can only be purchased by hydramister for distys only.

I also knew about the situation while it was happening and tried everything to locate the specific blower either used or knew and couldn't find anything.

I was very angered to here that after the buyer setup everything disty charged 600 for about ten minutes knowing full well they has the buyer by the balls.

Talk about kicking a guy when he is down.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Richard C. said:
Did he know it was going to be $600.00 before he accepted the deal?

Yes he knew...he knew that they were going to charge him the $600..that was what they quoted him when he asked

well that is a little different ...a little
he went into it eyes wide open

the dumbass in all this is the HM yokel that TOLD him what the dealer mark up was

I have been stewing about this and wondering if there was something that I just did not understand...

maybe the disty didn't know HM retard was sharing distributor pricing and mark-up info.
the disty was more than tickled to make $587.63 profit on the blower

that's "if' I finally have this all sorted out....

..l.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Yea that sucks they had him over a barrel but at least he knew what it was going to cost him up front. Was it a fair price? Doesn't sound like it, but then it was his choice ( even thought he had have it) he could have refused and waited for new or maybe taken to a certified rebuilder.

Bad deal for him but he had limited options. I don't know how they could ever justify the $600.00, somebody should feel bad about how they took advantage of the situation.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

the dumbass in all this is the HM yokel that TOLD him what the dealer mark up was

maybe the disty didn't know HM retard was sharing distributor pricing and mark-up info.
the disty was more than tickled to make $587.63 profit on the blower

HM had anything to do with this...once my friend found it and they told him it had to be sold to a distributor..he called the distributor...the $600 came from the distributor..HM had nothing to do with it...

caleb211

That is absolutely nuts, it is terrible when you are in a bind like that and there isn't a decent amount of competition to solicit your business.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member

From that day on I would never set foot in that distributor. I would drive to Phoenix from tucson to by my chems if I had to or order them online.

Isnt Interwhoever the only Distributor in Tucson?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner

Erskine Allin said:

That's for sure.

If I understand, he paid $1900 including shipping for the used blower, when he couldn't find one anywhere else. I checked, and a new one from Interlink is $2563.18 + $34.00 shipping (to me - I'm in Phoenix).

http://interlinksupply.com/index.html?i ... ++++++++++

So, forget for a moment you know the insider pricing details, and just consider that he got a used blower for about $697 cheaper than new, and he got it from the only supplier that could meet his schedule (supply and demand...) not a heck of a good deal, but is it highway robbery? I dunno, would you want your custy to know your markup on protector? Just sayin...

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Any PROPRIETARY parts purchased from an AUTHORIZED dealer are subject to a huge MARK-UP.
That's how the relationship between the manufacturer and authorized distributor is structured.

It's unfortunate that they did not do most of the leg work in finding the part, but under what circumstances should a distributor waive their AUTHORIZED RIGHT to profit on the selling of a part?
Isn't that really what they do with any part you special order from them?
Receive it, mark it up, and sell it to you??

Under what circumstances do any of you guys waive your mark-up?

Knowing the mark up before-hand definitely changes the appearance of things.

I'm not trying to defend these guys, just trying to look at it objectively. It does not look like they tried to "Do the right thing" in any way given the circumstances, but they are in business to turn a profit, and being an authorized dealer is part of their revenue stream.

Sucks either way.

I do applaud you Jim, in you effort to help out a friend.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Goomer said:
Any PROPRIETARY parts purchased from an AUTHORIZED dealer are subject to a huge MARK-UP.
That's how the relationship between the manufacturer and authorized distributor is structured.

It's unfortunate that they did not do most of the leg work in finding the part, but under what circumstances should a distributor waive their AUTHORIZED RIGHT to profit on the selling of a part?
Isn't that really what they do with any part you special order from them?
Receive it, mark it up, and sell it to you??

Under what circumstances do any of you guys waive your mark-up?

Knowing the mark up before-hand definitely changes the appearance of things.

I'm not trying to defend these guys, just trying to look at it objectively. It does not look like they tried to "Do the right thing" in any way given the circumstances, but they are in business to turn a profit, and being an authorized dealer is part of their revenue stream.

Sucks either way.

I do applaud you Jim, in you effort to help out a friend.

I understand what you are saying and under normal circumstances I could agree.....
but...THEY did not buy it...THEY did not sell it...THEY only received it...

Personally I think they took full advantage of the guy...what give them the right to mark up a PROPRIETARY part....that they did NOT buy...or re-sale it....

in my mind that is just wrong..and one of the reasons this industry and there distributors have the reputation that it
does.........

Bob Foster

If there wasn't much more to the situation than I've read I would say that for the sake of $600 this distributor screwed its chances of ever doing business with this customer again. Pretty shortsighted, especially in these times.

I think a $100 handling charge would be appropriate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom