The names have been changed to protect the innocent ......

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Re: The names have been changed to protect the innocent ....

If the distributor was handed the money, and they handed him the goods, the yes, he bought it from them, at least it was structured as such, of course, so a profit can be made.
The only reason the manufacture will only ship to a distributor, is so the distributor can profit from being a distributor, otherwise they would have shipped it to him.
What do you think the AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR would say if they were shipping direct to any customer that called?

Unfortunately they did not do the legwork in acquiring it, which may or may not justify a 600 dollar markup.

Again, just being objective here, but I would hope that if there was a prior relationship, maybe the deal would be sweeter, but if your buddy is not a regular customer supporting his local distributors, and ordering his chems and supplies online to save money, then what would motivate them to give him a break?

Just sayin'.......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

I would have paid $250.00 without cussing them............to their face any way. :twisted:

They deserve to make a profit on the sale, two fidddy seems reasonable.

Name
I'm Rick James

Isn't there someone who posts here that works for Interlink?

Maybe we should ask him??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Goomer said:
If the distributor was handed the money, and they handed him the goods, the yes, he bought it from them, at least it was structured as such, of course, so a profit can be made.
The only reason the manufacture will only ship to a distributor, is so the distributor can profit from being a distributor, otherwise they would have shipped it to him.
What do you think the AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR would say if they were shipping direct to any customer that called?

Unfortunately they did not do the legwork in acquiring it, which may or may not justify a 600 dollar markup.

Again, just being objective here , but I would hope that if there was a prior relationship, maybe the deal would be sweater, but if your buddy is not a regular customer supporting his local distributors, and ordering his chems and supplies online to save money, then what would motivate them to give him a break?

Just sayin'.......

the very industry that expects us to represent and support them is always the first ones to screw us over and take advantage of us......

Connor

Name
Connor

Jim Martin said:
the very industry that expects us to represent and support them is always the first ones to screw us over and take advantage of us......

Bow down and while you're bent over........

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Jim- we are the industry and we don't even know if this one distributor screwed anybody cause A) it is hearesay B) They are un named and not being allowed to defend themselves and C) Even if they did your comment lumps everyone together. We have a lot of great people with high integrity throughout the industry and like the world in general, probably some shady and small minded ones.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Ken Snow said:
Jim- we are the industry and we don't even know if this one distributor screwed anybody cause A) it is hearesay B) They are un named and not being allowed to defend themselves and C) Even if they did your comment lumps everyone together. We have a lot of great people with high integrity throughout the industry and like the world in general, probably some shady and small minded ones.

defend what Ken...it is a pretty simple question across the board to anyone...should the guy been charged $600...Yes or No...and why...

as far as lumping everyone together..you seem to be the only one who reads into this way to much....read my post..everyone knows who I am talking about...and/or what I am saying....simple question...I did not think it was far and was wondering if I was missing something...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Jim I don't question your belief about the specific situation but it is only that- your belief. No one really knows all the facts or sides of it except the 2 parties in question, both unnamed. I have no idea who the supplier is or specifically the person within the supplier company who did this. There are almost always multiple sides to issues and we have heard no ones except yours and it isn't even truly first hand from you- only your understanding of it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Ps- the supplier company may well be idiots, douchebags etc., or possibly only the employee that made the decision or there may be something you don't know that might change your perception.

PCCN

Wile E. Coyote said:
Isn't there someone who posts here that works for Interlink?

Maybe we should ask him??

Don't think it would do any good. My local IS store is full of the nicest people you ever want to meet, but that niceness ends when you either stop buying from them, or you turn and walk out the door so they can deposit your check. Two faced would be a "nice' term. I'm sure that ole Mr. Karma will rear his ugly head someday though.

Name
Lee Stockwell

I'm gun shy of that dist because they told a local competitor inside info on an account we were working on. The boys and I have learned to not share some info if we HAVE to go there for something...beware of "talking shop".

We now order almost everything on-line.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Jim Martin said:
it is a pretty simple question across the board to anyone...should the guy been charged $600...Yes or No...and why...

Well.......regardless if they are a bunch of scumbags or not...........they were the only ones able to acquire the part in such short time............and believe it or not, 600 bucks is most likely their normal mark up on a part costing that much...............and they let him know the price before hand, so, should he have been charged that much???
I don't think anyone can say but the distributor.
Does anyone think that is the only piece of equipment anyone has purchased at a 50% markup?
I wonder what the markup is on a 600 dollar cleaning job by a lot of you guys is?????????
Anyone???????

Also, has this guy ever bought anything from them before???
Does he have a long term relationship with them, is he dropping coin with them on a regular basis, where they value his long term business, and would not mind doing the right thing, or is he just some bloke who blew in they don't know, who is obviously a one time customer that all of a sudden has to do business with them because he must??

Again, it does not seem they did him any favors at 600 bucks, but no offense, why should they have??

Name
Lee Stockwell

It's very interesting to see the muscle flexed behind the scenes to make bad reviews "go away quietly". I hope we are better than that.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: The names have been changed to protect the innocent

Lee Stockwell said:
It's very interesting to see the muscle flexed behind the scenes to make bad reviews "go away quietly". I hope we are better than that.
???

F

FB7777

X2

????

Name
Lee Stockwell

A whole thread went away that appeared to diss one of our advertisers.

Mikey P

Administrator

The thread was removed in an attempt to help the poster not the advertiser.

Could be too late but perhaps you should have asked me before posting this Lee.

Name
Lee Stockwell

I don't think I crossed the line with what I posted. I'm sure others wondered the same thing. But if the person who started that thread later wanted to take it back, I understand.

So it's gone, per HIS wishes and not pressure from the advertiser.

Thanks,
Lee

My supplier would have marked it up 500 or so, but they would have installed it.

Mikey P

Administrator

I honestly can not think of one occasion where an Advertiser asked me to remove a comment, post or thread.

The contract they sign is very clear that they will be ragged on and I will not help them if the ragging is just.

F

FB7777

I read that thread and figured that the poster was done with the manufacturer as a result of their actions.

Able 1

Name
Keith

Goomer said:
and they let him know the price before hand, so, should he have been charged that much???As long as THEY don't want his business in the future, he got screwed he knows it and will only go back if he absolutely needs to(like this time)

Does anyone think that is the only piece of equipment anyone has purchased at a 50% markup? Most of the stuff we all buy is over 50% markup... Best thing to do is buy truck mounts that have NO proprietary parts from companies like Judson. I really think things like this open alot of cleaners eyes to what they will have to deal with in the future if they buy said equipment.

I wonder what the markup is on a 600 dollar cleaning job by a lot of you guys is?????????
Anyone??????? Apple to oranges.. A service is way different then retail and they didn't do any work in this case beside receive said product.

Also, has this guy ever bought anything from them before??? Yeah, and if he hasn't.. What a great way to start a relationship!!!

Does he have a long term relationship with them, is he dropping coin with them on a regular basis, where they value his long term business, and would not mind doing the right thing..
WOW really!! I treat my 2 room and a hall custy's the same way I treat my million dollar one's, if they are a first time custy or one that has been around for a while. I can't believe you rip off the custy's you have that don't spend enough with you(kind of messed up)!?

or is he just some bloke who blew in they don't know, who is obviously a one time customer that all of a sudden has to do business with them because he must??And after ripping him off that is the only time they will see him again.... because he must.

Again, it does not seem they did him any favors at 600 bucks, but no offense, why should they have??
[/quote]Because they want to stay in business, maybe?? Through the years the more and more I got ripped off the more and more I bought on line. I like to pop into the local disty and just shoot the breeze and buy stuff, but at this point I have had enough.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Able 1 said:
Goomer said:
and they let him know the price before hand, so, should he have been charged that much???As long as THEY don't want his business in the future, he got screwed he knows it and will only go back if he absolutely needs to(like this time)

Does anyone think that is the only piece of equipment anyone has purchased at a 50% markup? Most of the stuff we all buy is over 50% markup... Best thing to do is buy truck mounts that have NO proprietary parts from companies like Judson. I really think things like this open alot of cleaners eyes to what they will have to deal with in the future if they buy said equipment.

Anyone??????? Apple to oranges.. A service is way different then retail and they didn't do any work in this case beside receive said product.

Also, has this guy ever bought anything from them before??? Yeah, and if he hasn't.. What a great way to start a relationship!!!

Does he have a long term relationship with them, is he dropping coin with them on a regular basis, where they value his long term business, and would not mind doing the right thing..
WOW really!! I treat my 2 room and a hall custy's the same way I treat my million dollar one's, if they are a first time custy or one that has been around for a while. I can't believe you rip off the custy's you have that don't spend enough with you(kind of messed up)!?

or is he just some bloke who blew in they don't know, who is obviously a one time customer that all of a sudden has to do business with them because he must??And after ripping him off that is the only time they will see him again.... because he must.

Because they want to stay in business, maybe?? Through the years the more and more I got ripped off the more and more I bought on line. I like to pop into the local disty and just shoot the breeze and buy stuff, but at this point I have had enough.
[/quote]

Your assuming I am defending them when I am not, and I am in no way saying that I agree with their actions, or that I run my business as such, it's more from the perspective of someone saying they are not allowed to charge 600 bucks when the bottom line is that they can charge whatever they want to.
I'm just stating the reality of what might have went through their minds, which is unfortunate, and probably the reason local distributors get a lot of shit.
I doubt they thought for a second they had any chance at gaining any of his future business, do you? He's obviously a local cleaner who doesn't use them as it is.

And as far as not being able to charge a certain amount because all they didn't do anything but receive the product, isn't that the case with most of their items??
Isn't that how it works??

Authorized distributorship agreements do sometimes involve minimum inventory levels, mandatory service, training and education which sometimes makes it more complex than just simply receiving an item, but I am not saying that is the case here.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I didn't go back and proof read everything ...e.g. whether or not the blower came from another HM disty or HM disty support outfit....but the whole damn thing hinges on whatever dumbass sold him the blower .

if he "knew" he could only ship to a disty...he should of got them involved and shouldn't of "sold" the blower to the dude

He put the local disty in a position to look like a chump that was gouging/profiteering .
and maybe they were ...six hunnert bones for NOTHING but 1/2 cent of propane or battery juice for the forklift and 5 bukz in labor for the 10 minutes of work for the fork driver ...sure looks like a hosing on the surface

BUT....If the dude hadn't sold the blower directly, it would of been "business as usual" and he'd of been none the wiser

..L.T.A.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

Lee Stockwell said:

i was wondering where my post went.

that is the first time i have seen posts just dissapear.

Willy P

Name
Willy P

dealtimeman said:
Lee Stockwell said:

i was wondering where my post went.

that is the first time i have seen posts just dissapear.

And I thought I was having an acid flashback......

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen

Mikey P said:
The thread was removed in an attempt to help the poster not the advertiser.

Could be too late but perhaps you should have asked me before posting this Lee.

I had the other thread removed, for now. We will see how the rest of the situation plays out. It might be back up. I appreciate the help Mike but we are fully aware of what could happen here and are prepared for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom