The NEW Everest 870 reveal

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I think im in love, it Sure is pretty.
When i saw the price, sure i thought it was high, but i also thought-- good for the builder. I often felt the prices were too low on the higher end TMs.
The truth IS-- the builders and distributors need to make a decent profit if we want them there in the future.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I think im in love, it Sure is pretty.
When i saw the price, sure i thought it was high, but i also thought-- good for the builder. I often felt the prices were too low on the higher end TMs.
The truth IS-- the builders and distributors need to make a decent profit if we want them there in the future.
And you bought a V?

Name
Steve Lawrence
I sometimes listen to NPR
Since the car guys died off, it’s become sorta bleh
I stopped listening to NPR when they went totally corporate and the news is bullshit (during the Bush admin I think.)

Yeah, Click and Clack are the best!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Not only do people buy expensive cars to be seen at stop lights but now they make "Vanity" truck mounts so all of the other carpet cleaners at those dist BBQ's envy you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: SamIam and FB7777

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
@Papa John imagine this unit in a 10 ft box can over with a larger waste tank.
In the video the Everest looks compact for the size of its components. Due to the parking challenges in SF, I would rather install this TM in "3500" van with short WB n low roof if possible.

But im only blowing smoke. Im too close to retiring to need a new TM.

• Haha
Reactions: SamIam
F

FB7777

Jimmy....

why not buy nice things like expensive cars when you become financially successful? Should they just pay a much higher percentage in taxes to distribute our wealth?

On large residential jobs, Matt and I pull up in 2 trucks , as well as many of our commercial jobs

Nothing wrong with having a true dual wand unit if you put it to work

Reactions: steve_64

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Im too close to retiring to need a new TM

🆒🆒🆒👍👍

lta

SamIam

Name
sam miller
38k you better need a lot of machine to support that price tag!

The other peak/570 replacement when used at Mikey's fest Vegas the 4-5 570 guys said the vacuum wasn’t comparable it had good heat.

I hear hydramaster still has 575 with new engines that are California compliant.

Pretty sure that got to run in $27-$29 k areas like the apex/570.

These damn machine are too expensive.

Hell I got my 570 for 22k 4 years ago?

It’s a good thing I probably won’t need to buy another machine again.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Some people prefer a true manufacturer over a garage build. I'm not saying it's not a valid statement but I'd never buy a garage build.
Do you consider Judson a garage build?

Apart from Mikey’s complaint, who else had problem with theirs?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
There in lies the major flaw in these NEW 'product reveals'

Manufacturers spend more time on shiny bling and re-branding

And almost every truckmount salesman I've spoken with bags on their competitors truck mounts....

and then ends up working for them down the road

They're all whores.....

That can't sing worth shit

I didn’t see you try!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you consider Judson a garage build?

Apart from Mikey’s complaint, who else had problem with theirs?
Yes but a top end one.

I could be wrong but is there a production line of machines being built daily? I am assuming its build as orders come in, just like the big guys except their is a constant flow with them.

If it were not propane I would buy a Judson any day over a Cobb.

Reactions: SamIam

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
If you get the right propane heater it is the greatest source of constant heat with about zero breakdowns, which includes an auto light-light system (not a Little Giant).
Nope, sorry, not going to agree with this in a million years. TM's with two fuel sources are a huge pain in the rear. I would go nuts if I had to deal with filling up with propane all the time. The stations here are a joke. I was considering a Judson C4 for a time. I was going to have a propane filling tank installed at my house for the TM. But the entire process was a hassle. The propane filling process is retarded. You need to drive up to the special propane tank, walk into the store and tell the guy to come out and fill your tank. Wait for him to finish whatever is going on in the store. Then he comes out and spends 5 minutes searching for the manufacturer dates on your tanks. Then you need to wait for him to fill, fill out the tag, then go back into the store to pay for it. IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!!! I won't even bring up if farmer Joe is at the propane first trying to fill up his meth making tanks.

I have an Amtex with a diesel burner. Even that refueling process is a hassle. I will never go duel fuel again. NEVER!
Get a good TM that makes the heat with a simple single fuel fuel-tap, don't be fooled into the "wasted horsepower" argument, and be happy.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Nope, sorry, not going to agree with this in a million years. TM's with two fuel sources are a huge pain in the rear. I would go nuts if I had to deal with filling up with propane all the time. The stations here are a joke. I was considering a Judson C4 for a time. I was going to have a propane filling tank installed at my house for the TM. But the entire process was a hassle. The propane filling process is retarded. you need to drive up to the special propane tank, walk into the store and tell the guy to come out and fill your tank. Wait for him to finish whatever is going on in the store. Then he comes out and spends 5 minutes searching for the manufacturer dates on your tanks. Then you need to wait for him to fill, fill out the tag, then go back into the store to pay for it. IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!!! I won't even bring up if farmer Joe is at the propane first trying to fill up his meth making tanks.

I have an Amtex with a diesel burner. Even that refueling process is a hassle. I will never go dual fuel again. NEVER!
Get a good TM that makes the heat with a simple single fuel fuel-tap, don't be fooled into the "wasted horsepower" argument, and be happy.
The main problem with propane here is that we are losing our filling stations. Everyone and his dog has the cylinder exchange system but currently, I have only 2 filling stations within 3 miles of me. Used to have at least 4 others a few years ago. Propane and natural gas powered vehicles seem to be on the decline. I do like my lg heater, would love to have one like Bob's.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You need to drive up to the special propane tank, walk into the store and tell the guy to come out and fill your tank.

I had gate code that let me in the commercial propane dealer .
key and code to the bottle fill cage .
Set the scale, punched in the code, and fill my own tanks

night or day, 24/7 I could fill.
Bill came in the mail every month

it was STILL a PITA

ran kero heat 20 out of 25 years.
It was a PITA too, but much less so, as nearly all the Sheet's gas stations sell K1 year rnd

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

Old technology ... propane is for grills and homes that don't have natural gas lines running down their street

Anyone who tells you otherwise has a home and assets that could be used on the set of Sanford and Son

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Old technology ... propane is for grills and homes that don't have natural gas lines running down their street

Anyone who tells you otherwise has a home and assets that could be used on the set of Sanford and Son
You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, and that's what we all have, our opinions, which is no more than what we believe to be true. So no one is wrong.

I like LP heat, and many don't. :biggrin:

I believe I heard that Sanford and Son comment at Mikeyfest in Nashville.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom