The next Fest

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
What would you like to see at the next Mikeys Fest?

What would make you want to set $100 aside every month for the next year so you for sure can go?

Is there something different that Mike could do to make sure you would never want to miss MF11?

What did you see/do at past fests that you want repeated?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It needs to come to utah. We can set up a tour of hydroforce and interlink. Talk zerorez into letting us visit them and maybe even aero tech. Set up classes at our location and spend a day skiing,snowboarding or fishing. The river is amazing in the winter.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'll try to make it, wherever it is. Utah is beautiful and I'd love to spend at least a day or two skiing. I'm not sure how far Olsen, HM, Aerotech are from Park City but that place is AWESOME! I'm pretty sure Salt Lake City is milder than what most might think. I could get pretty excited about UT.

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Church going folks just thrrew up in their mouths................

Not so much Adam!

Actually you help those of us who have issues telling their story, tell it. Not many can do that. I have a best friend that has similar stories as yours. Wish I could get him to hear you too!

With that being said. I will rub the magic bottle and see what happens for next year.
Took a 28k income loss to do this gig then my wife was fired because another carpet cleaner called corporate and said she was invoicing stuff for me that I hadn't done. Big Ol Mess! 40k poof gone....it's a struggle all out.

Anywhere is awesome, but some of us are not so well off in our journey at this point.
I think ya'll know how much I want to go. Big goals this year ladies n gents!

Good news is the knowledge i learned at my first one is paying off, especially social media : ) other things are improving as well.

Little steps in the big journey
Chris

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Would you consider relocating Chris? Really sorry to hear about what you guys have been through. I'm here for you brother.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: GCCLee

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I love to ski, so Utah is fine. Just make it vacation worthy wherever you place it. Aptos was awesome and I would love to go back (hint).

Anywhere but here (Wilbarger Co, Texas), is fine with me.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
That's awful Chris. Hang in there hopefully with her experience she finds something even better.

She has, went back to the Student housing market for about 15k less, drop back an punt type deal and theres not really a chance we could ever get the contract on it due to it's size and short total flip time. Good news is she was just recognized by the State of TN's Apt Association. And our local Apt Association has really taken a liking to me for some reason.

Karma will always come around, I kept my head down and focused on what we have. Hardest thing ever in my life has not been a forced retaliation, stupit stunt set us back yrs. It's a problem and we will solve it, jus makes life more interesting at this point. Being younger and a million times more enthusiastic has it's perks at times.

If ya pray, pray for the kid its her future here. I do : )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We all have setbacks in our life time, you sound like you are handling it well. Look at it for what it is and use it as motivation to push harder and you'll come out ahead. As amazing as it sounds you control how much you make in this business.

How hard are you willing to work? Whether its marketing or delivering service, you control your ultimate success or failure.

As you mentioned MF gave you a lot of timely info and it sounds like you're putting it to good use. We're all here to help if you need it.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
I only worked for a small company a short amount of time before I made the jump to my own business. I never got to see how a thriving carpet biz runs, how it makes mistakes, and how they handle mistakes. I am hesitant to try new stuff such as rug washing, stone polishing and carpet repairs because I don't want to make a mistake. I have taken these classes but without real life experience, two days of classes can only take you so far. There is an art to many facets of the services we provide. It would be great to have ride alongs with some of these "masters". For example, the tour of artisan was my first rug tour and it took away some of the fear that teachers and classes have pounded in me about rug cleaning.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Next time it's in Santa Cruz I'm there

I would come back to Aptos!

Was a great Fest!

Chris, you let me know anytime you might need some help I can assist with. I'm serious. You call me anytime!

218-259-9099 my cell phone and it is also listed on my website.

Hope to hear great things about an awesome year for you!

Mark

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I only worked for a small company a short amount of time before I made the jump to my own business. I never got to see how a thriving carpet biz runs, how it makes mistakes, and how they handle mistakes. I am hesitant to try new stuff such as rug washing, stone polishing and carpet repairs because I don't want to make a mistake. I have taken these classes but without real life experience, two days of classes can only take you so far. There is an art to many facets of the services we provide. It would be great to have ride alongs with some of these "masters". For example, the tour of artisan was my first rug tour and it took away some of the fear that teachers and classes have pounded in me about rug cleaning.

Get a big scrap of carpet and buy a cheap Oriental off craigslist. Go to town with what you know and don't be afraid to try something new. 2 1/2yrs ago I knew we had the truck and was scared to death cleaning my first one, Used to think w drove the neighbors nutz w it but they love us and we clean dang near our whole 30 house sub division.
Carpet repairs ain't all that hard. Good Iron, Sharp Blades and Glue Paper, you learn real quick to cut straight n move fast it's Hot potatoes. Use a Toilet lid upside down for your Iron to set n slide around in while working, every house has one.
I so would like to add;
Hardwoods
Stone work
More intensive rugs
Ricks VLM Machine ( Its useable on teh Wood an da sprayer jugs cool stuff)
Misc tools like a real stair wand, one a dem edgin tools, QC's, Triggers a looooong list.

Anyone offer sponsorships : )

Right Chems n Aggitate like crazy if you really want clean!

"Mikey says: If your Boosting your detergent your using the wrong detergent"
Being on teh Outlaw bandwagon I feel there are some exceptions like Salon Developer and Oxy Clean type additives teh industry don;t want ya to know about or use : )

Reactions: Wing It

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

If I call ya screaming like a lil girl, will ya fix me some cocoa Uncle Mark have one a dem pep talks wit me : )

Much Appreciated Sir!
That Is Why I Love http://www.mikeysboard.com it's all Real!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If I call ya screaming like a lil girl, will ya fix me some cocoa Uncle Mark have one a dem pep talks wit me : )

Much Appreciated Sir!
That Is Why I Love http://www.mikeysboard.com it's all Real!

Just bought a new hot cocoa mix and the extra large Gold Fish container, and Fruit Gushers. Never do anything small around here!

I am ready for the call....and our grandson :)

2014-03-07144511_zpse09af2b6.jpg

Reactions: GCCLee

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
anywhere cold is going to just make it difficult for your venders that have to set up outside..who is going to want to go out in the cold and look at the machines and things....are your venders going to want to sit and hang out in the cold all day....??

look how many people were happy to get out of the cold into sunny California....
Sacramento.....old town......that's my vote.......

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
anywhere cold is going to just make it difficult for your venders that have to set up outside..who is going to want to go out in the cold and look at the machines and things....are your venders going to want to sit and hang out in the cold all day....??

look how many people were happy to get out of the cold into sunny California....
Sacramento.....old town......that's my vote.......

Can I hit "Thanks" more than once? :clap::smile:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'm down for California again.

California, Florida, Hawaii, Maybe Texas...

Austin and San Antonio are awesome for events.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Then Austin it is! Where do I sign?

Austin is a really fun town.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If and when I am able to go, I'd like it to be in Mikey land..!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Tampa would be fitting : )
Then my Dad can come see it's no joke I'm running.

If I could get him interested in the tinkering side of this I might have a partner.

Sent from da bak seat of a Purple Caddy where the roadkill is real : )

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom